Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Media] General: Vendor Junk

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

It's the time of week we all look forward to with the latest edition of MMORPG.Comic. This time, artist Blaz Klaric brings us his irreverent look into the foibles of the MMO worlds we love, and love to hate. Check out "Vendor Junk" and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

Check out Blaz Klaric's MMORPG.comic: Vendor Junk.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    lol

• PigglesworthPigglesworth Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Must be where my wife learned to cook.

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885

It's true it is to let a new character have money but seriously what do those vendors do with the stuff. What about these guys in the middle of nowhere standing there all day waiting to buy your crap even when there is disaster all around where do they get money to pay you ? Best not t ask these questions.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Would be interesting to see an MMO have NPCs with actual money and some kind of organic economy.

• IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273

Waiting to see a vendor with dialog:  "I don't need that crap."  :-)

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    LOL that was a good one
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Nothing like Eve Online where the Quafe Cola factories only buy Garbage ,tobacco and homeless people.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Would be interesting to see an MMO have NPCs with actual money and some kind of organic economy.

Like the Elder Scrolls... where you can only sell as much as they have to pay.  You could still offload stuff to them, if you want to get rid of it.  That'd be pretty interesting.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

Like the Elder Scrolls... where you can only sell as much as they have to pay.  You could still offload stuff to them, if you want to get rid of it.  That'd be pretty interesting.

I thought it was interesting until I waddled up with my hideously overburdened character trying to sell stuff and still walked away overburdened.

• LungingWolfLungingWolf Member Posts: 73

LOL, don't forget the pig intestine flavored bread ... they're my favorite! :-D

|:-| Sigh, darn your cost cutting measures, Magda.

Waiting for: Citadel of Sorcery. Along the way, The Elder Scrolls Online (when it is F2P).

Keeping an eye on: www.play2crush.com (whatever is going on here).

• SandricSandric Member UncommonPosts: 103
    :Thumbsup:

Major or Current Characters
    AC - The Brute lvl 85 macer -HG (retired)
    SWG - Lihone Su'alkn Master Ranger/ MCH - Flurry (Retired)
    EVE - Sulone - Cruiser Lover (Retired)
    LOTRO - Sandric lvl 50 Burg (and others)- Brandywine (Retired)
    GW2 - Sandric lvl 80 Thief - Dragonbrand (Retired)
    NeverWinter - Sandric lvl 60 Rogue - Dragonshard (Retired)
    Archage - Sandric lvl 50 everything - Naima (Active)
    Others (Lots) (Retired)

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

lol.  Gotta say this was very creative (that is NOT sarcasm). Jokes about vendors accepting anything have been done before but this is the first time I saw a joke on what they DO with it in this light.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    nice comic. The one that always makes me laugh is when you offload a whole load of plate armour onto some tiny elf or something.......and they dont even break a sweat ;)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Runescape??? I beleive NPC had X gold and all that and only would buy things they want to sell at a higher price, so armor shops would only buy armor however general store would buy anything but at a lower prices than specialty shops. Also the more of the same items an npc has the less he willing to pay for that item and the prices drops that he resells em for.

Another things to note some games such as Everquest 1 never realy had usless items every item was useable some had more uses than others. For example rusty swords could be equiped and used as weapons but there usefulness wasnt as high than say a fine steal sword since rusty was the 2nd weakest weapon however they are usuable other such as spider silk was usable in tradeskills. Game nowadays have items with absoluty no use at all aka grey items in WoW (Only using it as an example cause its a familar game for most people not bagging it out cause there are many games that do this)

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

I'd like to see a cartoon about a non trinity group in a dungeon ala GW2 please :)

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Thumbs up.
  • clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
     The rich mudcrab in morrowind was my favorite vendor lol.
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by Wolfhammer

I'd like to see a cartoon about a non trinity group in a dungeon ala GW2 please :)

I'd like to see that as well, not sure it's a common enough theme for this comic series, but that'd be funny none the less. 

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

Brilliant.

I wish I'd thought of that.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

Depends on which Elder Scrolls. Skyrim's vendor system wasn't much better. But say Morrowind's where you could only sell certain goods to certain vendors that had a very finite amount of gold. And if you held any illegal substances such as moonsugar they'd refuse to deal with you, well, atleast the more law abiding vendors would.

• Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370

Heh. Nice.

I miss these comics. Whatever happened to them?

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.