Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Funcom Under Investigation for Stock Irregularities

2»

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by victorbjr
    Originally posted by JeroKane

It's not Funcom that will be charged, but the former CEO who dumped his Stock right before launch of TSW last year, without giving advance notice to the Stock Exchange!

Which is illegal! As CEO's are obligated to announce it in advance.

1. What he was thinking and how he thought to get away With it still beats me today!

2. What in Earth took them this long to act on this is even more strange! As it was already in the headlines of Norwegian News papers last year summer, shortly after he dumped his Stock! As he was caught in the act by stock trader With Investment in Funcom Stock and directly filed a complaint and notified the press!

OH!

Was this Trond Arne Aas? Insider trading?

I remember this but didn't get to really delve into it on a column for TSW. 

Yes that's the Ass ho* who I am talking about. And it was 2012 my bad. Makes it even more insane why they waited that long lol.

But Yeah.... it's due to his actions the Funcom Stock took a nose dive after TSW release and caused the mass lay offs shortly after.

Nice guy, screwing over Your own Company like that for quick financial gain.

I hope he ends up in jail and the tax Office robbing his bank clean. Will suit him right.

• IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by discord235
    It's just a smokescreen...it's really the Illuminati trying to shut down Funcom for revealing too many of their secrets!

True, without a doubt.  Sneaky occultist NWO types.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

It's not Funcom that will be charged, but the former CEO who dumped his Stock right before launch of TSW last year, without giving advance notice to the Stock Exchange!

1. What he was thinking and how he thought to get away With it still beats me today!

2. What in Earth took them this long to act on this is even more strange! As it was already in the headlines of Norwegian News papers last year summer, shortly after he dumped his Stock! As he was caught in the act by stock trader With Investment in Funcom Stock and directly filed a complaint and notified the press!

OH!

Yes that's the Ass ho* who I am talking about. And it was 2012 my bad. Makes it even more insane why they waited that long lol.

But Yeah.... it's due to his actions the Funcom Stock took a nose dive after TSW release and caused the mass lay offs shortly after.

I hope he ends up in jail and the tax Office robbing his bank clean. Will suit him right.

So this story is really about the former CEO and not about Funcom as an entity?

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• victorbjrvictorbjr Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Originally posted by Calerxes

OH!

So this story is really about the former CEO and not about Funcom as an entity?

Sadly speculatory right now, but it seems to fit with events. Apologies if JeroKane and I weren't clear.

I'm hoping for more information soon, but I doubt we'll get any.

A writer and gamer from the Philippines. Loves his mom dearly. :)

Can also be found on http://www.gamesandgeekery.com

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

The irony is that there's actually a company being raided like in a cheap movie.. but.. no one gives a damn.

Everyone is discussing the content of the ESO CE instead.

Harbinger of Fools
  • RebellonRebellon Member Posts: 49

FunCom just changed its name to FunCON.

This is as good as it gets people.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Whats funny is if something bad happens then the whole forum bashes the company, and if its something good then we'd be seeing "oh TSW is the greatest game ever" posts.
  • AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Hoping it does end up just being about the old CEO. Hate to think of all the people that could end up being laid off as a result of this.
  • Mr_SneakymanMr_Sneakyman Member UncommonPosts: 43

Nothing makes me crazier then that piece-of-crap company we know and love as Funcom. I'll never forgive the dirty-tie executives that destroyed one of my favorite games - Anarchy Online. Great game, terrific community, ahead of its time, but never updated and left to rot while the dirty-tie executives salivated over potential profits from a cheap WoW-clone. I hope that when Funcom finally hits the wall, and all the dirty-tie executives are cleaning toilets to earn their keep, that someone reaches in to save AO, update it, and re-releases a truly great game.

Funcom .. couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of a-holes.

• DraconianXDraconianX Member UncommonPosts: 18

The "Norway Stock Exchange" is like less than 50 companies. 

This story is equivalent to reporting that Lebron James cheated in a pickup game of basketball behind the old highschool.

Really nobody cares and it doesn't impact anything. 

Maybe you should report on Blizzard closing 10+ WoW servers and calling it "linking" if you weren't in their back pocket that is. Instead you report they added one new character model.

• DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229

After the terrible customer service I received from them in TSW, I can honestly say reading this put a big smile on my face!

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Oh, well this is just kinda... funny. 
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Pitty if somebody buy some game JUST because numbers are high. Sic. I try to gather more info from web, youtube for gameplay, .... and then will buy. I do not care at all for numbers. They are not (necessarely) indicator of anything. F2P games beats for income sub games? Sure. Junk food vendors have much more customers and making more money overall compared to high class restaurants. So numbers are nothing many times. Funny ... I started with wow only months after BC was released. High numbers all over but I did not like at first that cartoony style. Then after being disappointed by many better looking games (i.e. GW1, Lotro, ...) I have purchased .... and after very short fell in love with wow. Anyway, back to Funcom ... they have behind them series of disastrous releases, bugs, terrible support, ... but on the other hand Aoc was great game at that time and I'm not sorry for single cent I have spent for client and later for sub. Same with TSW.
  • SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Its a conspiracy by the Cabals to silence them.