Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Pre-Order TESO With 5% Discount!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

MMORPG.com is pleased to present a special offer on the pre-order for The Elder Scrolls Online from DLGamer for our community!  Get an instant 5% off your order now!

DISCOUNT CODE: DLG-MMORPG-5%

CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER NOW!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Why would I preorder a game under NDA? Just wondering...

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Why would I preorder a game under NDA? Just wondering...

If you were someone who had played the beta and enjoyed the game?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415
    how long is this offer good for?
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Who is making you pre-order? Just wondering. Only in the MMO market do gamers not only expect to know everything about the game before purchasing but they expect to try it out first too.

How much did we know about Mario before we bought it on Nintendo?! Lol pre orders are for the die hard fans who want to play it right away. No harm in waiting. That's fine it will still be here when you are ready to purchase if you decide.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Already got it on the official site, but thanks anyway.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    That said, I'll prly just pre purchase right from Zenimax as I find that to be the easiest route to go for MMOs. No fuss worrying about codes.

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266

Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question.  

I'll be waiting for the PS4 beta before I make a decision.

• NatjurNatjur Member UncommonPosts: 125
    %5 discount... or a free copy of  Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™  if I preorder from Uplay....
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by CazNeerg Originally posted by Foomerang Why would I preorder a game under NDA? Just wondering...
    If you were someone who had played the beta and enjoyed the game?
    Not only that but there are tons of Q&A, videos, articles and such so a lot of people can make an informed decision at this point.

Just wondering why I am not allowed to know what people who are playing it think. I have to base an informed decision on what the developers want me to see. That happened in SWTOR too....
  • jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195
    no more preordering games I haven't played...

• GarannorGarannor Member Posts: 1
    Requires Steam?
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    I would if it was 100% discount

Originally posted by Foomerang

Just wondering why I am not allowed to know what people who are playing it think. I have to base an informed decision on what the developers want me to see. That happened in SWTOR too....

TOR, also known as the second most successful MMO with a subscription option?  People really need to come up with a new example to support pre-release worrying.

That said, there will be an open beta at some point.  If you pre-order from a reputable company, you can cancel anytime.  So if you think you might want to play, and you want the (possibly limited) Imperial physical edition, go ahead and order now, cancel if you need to later.  If you don't want the possibly limited physical version of the Imperial Edition, there is really no reason to pre-order any earlier than the day before launch.

The Force shall free me.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    wow, that's like $3 off!
  • RaidonnRaidonn Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by Lustmord
    wow, that's like $3 off!

Well for all the people who cry over the sub. That's a lot of money

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

This site enforces the NDA beyond it's reason and even deletes postings/locks threads that contains info people gathered from official videos, public showings and interviews.

While it isn't new that you oppress critical discussion of an upcoming major title from -in your own terms- your "friends in the industry", you basicly offer a code to preorder a game which on the other hand you deny people sharing the cons and inform each other about on your own forums.

I'm sure you would have caught alot of credit from your users if instead you would not support Zenimax' attitude and have told them to shove their preorder-code for a game we aren't even allowed to talk about.

But then, keeping the NDA in place at this point in time has a reason which as everyone suspects is the impact a lift would have on preorders and promotions like this.

• Anthony_ArndtAnthony_Arndt Member UncommonPosts: 2

Hm. That would have been nice but my wife and I placed pre-orders for the Digital Imperial edition as soon as we got home from work today. About three hours before this offer was posted. 

We were both in multiple betas (including a fairly recent one where the NDA at least allowed the disclosing of participation in the beta). We had no hesitation about pre-ordering as is.

Additionally, we intend to maintain a subscription as soon as it launches. Should it offer a lifetime sub (like other MMOs we've played: LOTRO and TSW come to mind) we'll be buying at least two. Though I can't offer any specifics of the game itself yet, so make of that what you will. 

I was also in the SWTOR beta. Closed and open, right up until the beta servers went down before live launch. I did not pre-order that. I didn't even play it in the first six months until a significant number of my concerns from the beta had been addressed. Since then I have been on a once-annually subscription plan (or is it twice-bi-annually, I honestly can't remember and don't really care enough to look). 

Originally posted by Anthony_Arndt

Hm. That would have been nice but my wife and I placed pre-orders for the Digital Imperial edition as soon as we got home from work today. About three hours before this offer was posted. 

We were both in multiple betas (including a fairly recent one where the NDA at least allowed the disclosing of participation in the beta). We had no hesitation about pre-ordering as is.

Additionally, we intend to maintain a subscription as soon as it launches. Should it offer a lifetime sub (like other MMOs we've played: LOTRO and TSW come to mind) we'll be buying at least two. Though I can't offer any specifics of the game itself yet, so make of that what you will. 

I was also in the SWTOR beta. Closed and open, right up until the beta servers went down before live launch. I did not pre-order that. I didn't even play it in the first six months until a significant number of my concerns from the beta had been addressed. Since then I have been on a once-annually subscription plan (or is it twice-bi-annually, I honestly can't remember and don't really care enough to look). 

Twice annually for TOR.

I would have preordered this by now, but I keep checking Amazon and Best Buy and neither has the Imperial edition listed yet.

The Force shall free me.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Meh 5%

Good old Greenman gaming are offering 20% off with the code Y2OZM7-MJ3VHD-0AVTI1, or 25% off via a coupon in your email if you signed up to their newsletter...

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Caz what did i say about the TOR thing? *pukes violently*

I am going out on a limb here but i really dont think you are correct about the '2nd most successful MMO with a sub'. First its actually a sub/f2p hybrid. Secondly how is everquest which has run for nearly 20 years with as many expansions not in that vaunted "2nd" place you speak of? Not being a dick but how okd are you?
  • EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Okd=old haha
  • dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by stragen001

Meh 5%

Good old Greenman gaming are offering 20% off with the code Y2OZM7-MJ3VHD-0AVTI1, or 25% off via a coupon in your email if you signed up to their newsletter...

This ^^

Originally posted by EndoRoboto
    Caz what did i say about the TOR thing? *pukes violently*

I am going out on a limb here but i really dont think you are correct about the '2nd most successful MMO with a sub'. First its actually a sub/f2p hybrid. Secondly how is everquest which has run for nearly 20 years with as many expansions not in that vaunted "2nd" place you speak of? Not being a dick but how okd are you?

Responded to that in another thread; currently the second most successful with a sub, as in the amount of money it draws in in today's market.  Once we factor in all the revenue over the lifetime of every MMO, probably the only claim about anything that could be made with a reasonable degree of certainty is that WoW is on top of every pile.

As for how old I am, old enough to have been playing MUDs before MMOs existed, and to know that WoW is closer to being the tenth MMO than it is to being the first.

The Force shall free me.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564

If people are gonna use the 20% code, i created a thread here saying the issues you can get from it.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6155201/Coupon-for-20-Off-both-Editions-of-ESO-Tested-and-Works-48-and-64.html#6155201

Coupon - Y2OZM7-MJ3VHD-0AVTI1

Works till 31 January. Used it and can confirm it works.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/in/en/pc/games/mmos/elder-scrolls-online/

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/in/en/pc/games/mmos/elder-scrolls-online-imperial-edition/

WARNING

They will send you an Early Access Key immediately which can not be refunded.

Also, Early access is 3 days of this for Standard Edition and 5 days for Imperial Edition.

So, keep this in mind.

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233

Why would anyone choose a measly 5% discount when MUCH better deals are offered everywhere else?