Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bwaaahaaahahaaaa

rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

Now what?

Pre order comes out and you get to play any race on any alliance? Really?

By the CE and you get to play an Imperial on any race, which also gives access to every alliance.

Now I wont go as far as to say pay to win, but since we cant talk about the game at all since theyre banhammering everyone here because Zenimax has threatened to sue this place because of said NDA violations we dont have to violate much to talk about this.

While it may or may not be pay to win, it is certainly not something a subscription based game should be doing. I know the fanboys are trying to spin it in a positive light but no way no how. Buy to play sure no problem. So what does that subsription get you again? Access tot he servers? Well that was the argument against it, every game now gives free access to their servers. So it pays for content? The new content they are supposedly going to be spitting out every 6 weeks or so? OK lets go with that. do we get 100% of that content  or will there also be special purchases (made with real world cash)one can make to get exclusive deals within those updates?

They already made a huge mistake going subscription but they explained it in a way some people could swallow. Now with this revelation there is no spin. Its all disguised cash shop just like myself and many others said. Also as far as them not having a 'cash shop' within the game. Really? I bet there is one in there from day one, a special button you push that leads you to their website where you upgrade stuff or buy things. So even if it isnt technically a virtual store (which will be coming if it isnt there) there will definitely be some sort of access within the game to get you to someplace to spend more money beyond your subscription.

But hey I said it before if simpletons are willing to spend money hand over fist great for the developers, but in 6-9 months when the game is a ghost town and all but a handful of people are left defending it dont forget its what you wanted. And when the next big thing comes out and releases the exact same thing in a different package dont try and make it out to be any different.

Its the vicious circle MMO land is in these days, people spend money for garbage then expect developers and studios to try harder. Why? They made a lot of money releasing a pile of shit why actually make a game worth playing that will cost a lot more?

One last note. I dont ever remember ANY game good, great or shitty that released their pre order before they dropped the NDA. The worst of the worst usually did it simultaneously to soften the blow. So the game is still technically in closed beta phase, with more betas to come and theyre selling these things like the game is out the door ready. Which it probably is, at least in their minds.  But since it is still under NDA people who have actually seen it cant comment on whether it actually is or not.

99% of the stuff on forums is complete and utter opion and perception. THIS however is not opinion or conjecture it is fact. Now how we all want to spin what it means sure that is opinion. But the FACT is if you buy the pre order you can play a Breton in Ebonhart Pact, Aldemari Dominion and Daggerfall coveneant. Anyone who doesnt pre order, which includes all players after release day who join can only play Breton on Daggerfall Covenant. Well that is until they click that little button I talked about before and PAY to open that option up. But even if they dont have that option which they 100% will it is still not a fair and balanced game for everyone, which is what justifying a subscription should be. EVERYONE who pays a sub to any game should get EXACTLY the same as the other guy, no more, no less.Thats the excuse for having a sub. 

I LMAO when I see these interviews where these guys have the balls to say "we chose a subscription because we didnt want to lock off things for people in the game". What a load of shit.

Now I see why Bethesda created a shell company to publish this game under, because this will make SoE cash grab tactics looks like childs play before all is said and done. If they are doing this before the NDA is lifted and their out of beta what will happen once they hook a few crackheads on the game?

Comments

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151
    I actually enjoyed reading this. And I think it sums up pretty well what is going on with this genre
  • ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

I wonder if this is all a mis-communication. You get access to the IMPERIAL race, which says it can play any Alliance. I think this might have been a mistake, but who knows.

Either way, I got the imperial edition.. Was going to get it anyway. 

• maendrosmaendros Member UncommonPosts: 26
    very good post , i agree
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

I agree its a bit under handed. Why would they opt for this when then can offer something similar in the cash shop?

I guess instead of pretending they do not have the models and selling it later, they wanted to sell it now as extra revenue.

Still, they have to be smart on how they deliver their content to a consumer with certain perceptions.

If they sold all races as accessible for p2p that is the expectation... however maybe there are unlocks when playing the game and they can offer CE, or other options chances to unlock these unlocks with cahs rather than playing the game more than once.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by rodarin

Now I see why Bethesda created a shell company to publish this game under

It's a fun post and I pretty much agree with it.

However this line above is not correct, since Zenimax is the owner of Bethesda, and wasn't created for publishing ESO.

edit: khm... my bad, probably you're talking about ZOS...  strike out the above.

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by rodarin

()

I LMAO when I see these interviews where these guys have the balls to say "we chose a subscription because we didnt want to lock off things for people in the game". What a load of shit.

()

Money doesn't just talk any more. It's as loud as a fishwife.

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

IMPERIAL RACE = VANITY

quite crying over a VANITY item in the CE, it makes you sound ungentlemanly! 

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Originally posted by Coldren

I wonder if this is all a mis-communication. You get access to the IMPERIAL race, which says it can play any Alliance. I think this might have been a mistake, but who knows.

No, actually if you pre-order ANY of the editions, including the standard, you can play any race in any alliance.  Buy the game after the pre-order is over? Too bad for you, you are stuck with race/alliance restrictions.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Not a mistake. The Imperial is part of the Deluxe Edition. It also includes a perk where you can craft Imperial style Armor and change any style armor you have to Imperial style but no one seems to care to take the time to read all the details. I figured the TESO haters would pounce on the exclusive armor crafting as a reason to hate the game also.

The pre-order bonus is 3 things

1) Ability to play as any race in any alliance.

2) Some Vanity Scuttlesomething pet

3) some treasure map/maps.

Im guessing this means if you just buy the Imperial Edition you can still play the Imperial in any alliance but only the Imperial if its not pre-ordered because the pre-order perk is the only way the other races can join other alliances.

• IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273

So this leads me to wonder what happens when pre-orders are done.

"Sorry people, but we've got x million accounts that can play any race-faction combination, but you aren't allowed to" ???

Will race-faction unlock end up as a paid upgrade?  I'm thinking it might.  I can't imagine them refusing to offer it.

Originally posted by itbewilly

Not a mistake. The Imperial is part of the Deluxe Edition. It also includes a perk where you can craft Imperial style Armor and change any style armor you have to Imperial style but no one seems to care to take the time to read all the details. I figured the TESO haters would pounce on the exclusive armor crafting as a reason to hate the game also.

Im guessing this means if you just buy the Imperial Edition you can still play the Imperial in any alliance but only the Imperial if its not pre-ordered because the pre-order perk is the only way the other races can join other alliances.

That very well could be too.. I'm sure they'll make what the pre-orders get for free a cash shop option. 

Which, honestly, doesn't bother me. It'll probably be cheap or obtainable in game, so this is just another pre-order perk.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by azurrei

No, actually if you pre-order ANY of the editions, including the standard, you can play any race in any alliance.  Buy the game after the pre-order is over? Too bad for you, you are stuck with race/alliance restrictions.

Don't get me wrong playing the devil's advocate here, I think if that's the case then it's a good move (never really cared about f*cktions).

But I remember the months when the Firor groupies were high-praised the game because "it's finally bringing back f*cktion lock and f*cktion pride" (and all the other BS involved factions). I bet if you're correct, those will grab torches and pitchforks and marching to the ZOS HQ in berserk mode :)

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Originally posted by fistorm

Wow this forum really went to crap in the last 12 hours.  Including this thread.

yeah because of what  ZENIMAX is doing. You are the guy who makes up shit, points out some laughable fanboy interview where the guy doesnt look like he knows what he is talking about and dodges questions over and over again as some 'proof' to something that anyone who knows anything knows is horse shit. Then you report guys like a little girl for breaking an NDA.

THIS has no NDA on it and can be discussed without repercussions. Once the NDA is lifted (if it ever is) it will ALL come out. I doubt that will sway people anymore than this will.

But whatever. 

My whole premise all along was that ESO WAS NOT AND WILL NOT be a SUBSCRIPTION worthy game. It is Buy to play at best.

This announcement basically makes all that moot, because Zenimax THEMSELVES have made it NOT a subscription based game. They made it a CASH SHOP game youre FORCED to buy a subscription to play.

Theyre playing to a very small demographic here if you ask me. Theyll still sell enough copies to make their money back, but whether they make a profit will rely solely on how truly gullible their niche market is.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

That very well could be too.. I'm sure they'll make what the pre-orders get for free a cash shop option. 

Which, honestly, doesn't bother me. It'll probably be cheap or obtainable in game, so this is just another pre-order perk.

That actually incorrect. 

Bethesdas site says that the any race in any alliance is a part of the explorers pack, which is included in each version of the pre order. 

If you pre order you automatically get the explorers pack. 

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332

Really? This is like Blizzard going "ok guys, we know you have given us hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars over the years...but if you want to play any race on either faction, you have to cough up $20 even though you are still paying $15/mo." I think it is pretty crappy, to be honest.  Vanity mounts, vanity armor, vanity pets, headstart, etc.? Sure.  But this is BS...they are already milking people and the game isn't even out yet.

Originally posted by Uhwop

That actually incorrect. 

Bethesdas site says that the any race in any alliance is a part of the explorers pack, which is included in each version of the pre order. 

If you pre order you automatically get the explorers pack. 

Explorer's pack, eh?  Good information.

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

Originally posted by Coldren Originally posted by itbewilly Originally posted by Coldren I wonder if this is all a mis-communication. You get access to the IMPERIAL race, which says it can play any Alliance. I think this might have been a mistake, but who knows. Either way, I got the imperial edition.. Was going to get it anyway. 
    Not a mistake. The Imperial is part of the Deluxe Edition. It also includes a perk where you can craft Imperial style Armor and change any style armor you have to Imperial style but no one seems to care to take the time to read all the details. I figured the TESO haters would pounce on the exclusive armor crafting as a reason to hate the game also. The pre-order bonus is 3 things 1) Ability to play as any race in any alliance. 2) Some Vanity Scuttlesomething pet 3) some treasure map/maps. Im guessing this means if you just buy the Imperial Edition you can still play the Imperial in any alliance but only the Imperial if its not pre-ordered because the pre-order perk is the only way the other races can join other alliances.
    That very well could be too.. I'm sure they'll make what the pre-orders get for free a cash shop option.  Which, honestly, doesn't bother me. It'll probably be cheap or obtainable in game, so this is just another pre-order perk.
    Really? This is like Blizzard going "ok guys, we know you have given us hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars over the years...but if you want to play any race on either faction, you have to cough up $20 even though you are still paying $15/mo." I think it is pretty crappy, to be honest.  Vanity mounts, vanity armor, vanity pets, headstart, etc.? Sure.  But this is BS...they are already milking people and the game isn't even out yet.

Pretty much sums up why Ill never get this game. To me its not Elder Scrolls, its just a crappy MMO that uses the name. Next....

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

I am really not getting why this is a big deal. Having different races in different factions is really just a cosmetic change. Now it might have been nice for them to simply have this as a feature for all subscribers but I am sorry, I just can't get too worked up that they decided to make some money off of a more or less inconsequential change.

For me, ideally, i would have like to see them add some way for a character to defect to another faction and then make people go though such a quest line to do so. You want a Nord in the daggerfall covenent then earn it within the game. But man, it is not the end of the world that they decided to make some money off this. Who cares if someone else has an off race in faction? What substantial difference will that make?

All die, so die well.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Don't worry, I am sure it will be on the cash shop.

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454

Nice post OP, I fully agree. It is very shady to be offering such pre-orders when even NDA hasn't been lifted. Sadly, too many people will buy in to this and support such bad business practices.

Wait for the finished produced before you judge it, goes for positive or negative threads. Sadly current trend in MMOs is not looking too good. If you pre-order, thus pay for the game before it's done and said game turns out to be shit - you are supporting the negative trend in MMOs (or even games in general).

Anyways, nice post.

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Where the hell does it say you can play any race in any alliance if you pre order? Seriously...

Either EVERYONE is an idiot and can't understand things or I'm missing something. 

EDIT: Nevermind, just got the email where it says it. This is dumb. If this doesn't change then I'm not gunna play this game. I was going to pre-order anyway.. but if this is a sign of how they are going to do business for the game's lifespan then I don't want any part of it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by Vannor

Where the hell does it say you can play any race in any alliance if you pre order? Seriously...

Either EVERYONE is an idiot and can't understand things or I'm missing something. 

Here's a news story on it:  http://www.gamefront.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-imperial-edition/

If you do dip into pre-order waters, either with the standard edition of TESO or the swanky Imperial Edition, Bethesda will also throw in The Explorer’s Pack bonus at launch, which includes: a Scuttler vanity pet, four bonus treasure maps, and “the ability to play as any of the nine races in any Alliance.” Evidently those who don’t pre-order will have their Alliance race choices limited.

I'd disagree for the following..

1) The game is not released yet, so no, this isn't the same. A game changing the rules after being established for almost a decade (Or more? Not sure how old WoW is) is not the same thing as modifying a mechanic prior to release.

2) WoW has a cash shop, making you pay money on top of a subscription. They're just gonna let you pay them to instantly level to 90 when Warlords of Draenor comes out.. The expansion might give you one free when you buy, but make no doubt, they will offer that service. Along with, oh yeah, FACTION TRANSFERS/RACE CHANGES that have been in place for years now. Sure you can't START as a blood elf in the alliance, but you can certainly PAY to convert your Blood Elf into a Human!  Makes much more sense.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Did you read the website?

The any race any class perk has nothing to do with what version of the game you buy. Its a pre-order perk. How is it them charging you $20 for a feature if you get the feature with any pre-order you make. Standard or Deluxe edition

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Did you read the website?

The any race any class perk has nothing to do with what version of the game you buy. Its a pre-order perk. How is it them charging you $20 for a feature if you get the feature with any pre-order you make. Standard or Deluxe edition

It's pretty obvious they plan to sell the explorer pack separately once the game launches.. that's milking it. Standard game feature, which may affect ability due to racial perks, will be behind a cash wall and not included in your subscription. It's a dodgy tactic to make people feel like they have to pre-order. I don't like it at all.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
This discussion has been closed.