Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm looking into my crystal ball....

PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

And I see...... *gasp*

I see that I will most likely play this game, and I'll like it too!.. I'll like it until the day I don't like it anymore.

Woooow, some deep stuff right there.

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    /yawn
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    /woah

I know right, wild prediction :)

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Did you really need a crystal ball to know that?
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    My crystal ball says Wildstar won't amount to much. 
    Originally posted by wormed

don't buy the cheap crystal balls :D

• Deathgod881Deathgod881 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    I'm looking into my crystal ball and i see that i will never get a beta key.

"Let destruction rain!" from Asbel Tales of Graces f

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    My crystal ball (AKA twitch streams) is telling me that this game looks like trash. I'm not a huge fan of the graphics style, but I'm also not a graphics whore so I can get over that. I just don't think the combat looks like much fun, and without good combat I can't play the game. The telegraphs are a huge turn off for me, and the gameplay and environments in general just don't look very good. I'm sure I'll get flamed by the WildStar fanboys but whatever, my crystal ball doesn't lie. :P
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

You should leave your crystal balls alone and wait til the game comes out. I think like many other games, it will do well if there is a compelling end game to keep players happy. We shall see and I didn't need to look at any crystal balls to know that.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Originally posted by Krimzin

You should leave your crystal balls alone and wait til the game comes out. I think like many other games, it will do well if there is a compelling end game to keep players happy. We shall see and I didn't need to look at any crystal balls to know that.

No amount of endgame content can save it for me if I can't stand the core gameplay such as combat. 

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by PieRad
    Originally posted by wormed

don't buy the cheap crystal balls :D

Blizzard put the best ones on their cash shop site! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152

I'm with you man. I'm so excited for WildStar. It shall fulfill that empty hole in my heart, I just know it!!

I'm feeling like it'll be as good as vanilla/tbc was for me. 

• arunasmearunasme Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by collekt
    My crystal ball (AKA twitch streams) is telling me that this game looks like trash. I'm not a huge fan of the graphics style, but I'm also not a graphics whore so I can get over that. I just don't think the combat looks like much fun, and without good combat I can't play the game. The telegraphs are a huge turn off for me, and the gameplay and environments in general just don't look very good. I'm sure I'll get flamed by the WildStar fanboys but whatever, my crystal ball doesn't lie. :P

This is true, the game has nothing that will keep one playing but we can't really blame it, its the usual shit we've been getting for the past ..... lots of years.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by SmellyNanner

I'm with you man. I'm so excited for WildStar. It shall fulfill that empty hole in my heart, I just know it!!

It looks like a well executed title and I hope it does well, but as I have said before, it will dwindle to nothing more than a niche game just like recent games have. No game will reach the level that WoW and  EQ did back in the day!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Amjoco

It looks like a well executed title and I hope it does well, but as I have said before, it will dwindle to nothing more than a niche game just like recent games have. No game will reach the level that WoW and  EQ did back in the day!

Sleepy heads need to wake up...

League of Legends currently passed wow by miles ( tough its not an mmo) and even swtor currently makes more money then EQ did at its height.

there is allways a bigger fish and one day there will be a bigger fish then WoW... Will it be this game, i guess not, while it will be one of the most successfull games it misses some things to be super attractive to everyone...  There will allways be sandbox heroes, people wanting realistic graphics and story whores that want voiced over high quallity quests and stories..

but to me it looks like a place where people can have fun and play together..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

EQ had 450k subs at it's peak. By todays standard that's a failed mmo...well on this forum at least.

Originally posted by DamonVile

EQ had 450k subs at it's peak. By todays standard that's a failed mmo...well on this forum at least.

People on this forum will classify a game as failed if they didn't like the game personally... Ye that's some great logic :)

No one understands that if a game sells a million or sometimes millions of copies, it's a financial success already (in most cases), and even if every single player dropped their sub, they'd just close the door and walk away with the profits.

There's financial success, and success, they don't always go together.

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252

This is quite a different time than when EQ was at peak.  Hell average people during EQ could barely plug a computer into a wall socket much less play an MMO like EverQuest.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

People on this forum will classify a game as failed if they didn't like the game personally... Ye that's some great logic :)

No one understands that if a game sells a million or sometimes millions of copies, it's a financial success already (in most cases), and even if every single player dropped their sub, they'd just close the door and walk away with the profits.

There's financial success, and success, they don't always go together.

I'm pretty sure a few people understand that ;)

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

I'm pretty sure a few people understand that ;)

Right, "most people don't understand" is what I meant :P

• BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503

This game will last a month and people will quit. WoW meets SWTOR is nothing to get excited about.

At least there's Titanfall to look forward to as something fun and breaking the mold. It's not an MMO, but it's something fresh.

• rajadog20rajadog20 Member Posts: 9

The combat is good, trust me.

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    When I look at my ball I see a generic theme park with childish looking cartoon graphics and meaningless PvP, not sure if this ball is broken.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• Randallt3mpRandallt3mp Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by Baseline
    Personally the combat looks great and actiony. Also, you can turn off the telegraphs fyi.  Also your crystal ball doesn't like because its really just telling yourself what you want to hear, which is infallible.

This game will last a month and people will quit. WoW meets SWTOR is nothing to get excited about.

At least there's Titanfall to look forward to as something fun and breaking the mold. It's not an MMO, but it's something fresh.

Lol you are fuuuuunnnnyyy. 

I understand the WoW reference and that's not necessarily a bad thing as we see how well WoW has done and is currently doing.  There are plently of great things from early WoW and new things that combined could make a very polished and feature filled game.

As for the SWTOR reference, I don't get it...except that SWTOR is kind of a cheap derivation of WoW in many characteristics and that it is in a sort-of Sci-fi spacey setting.

Also your comment about Titanfall made me lol.  Firstly its not even close to an MMO so why post it here. Secondly, while Titanfall maybe fun to play a bit it is hardly breaking the mold in any sense.  It's essentially COD with mechs thrown in.  At from what has been shown so far. 

MMOs Played: FFXI,Age of Conan, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, GW2

Playing:None

Waiting For: Wildstar, The Repopulation, Archeage, TESO, Warhammer 40K:EC, EQN

• ZeddakisZeddakis Member UncommonPosts: 156

And I see...... *gasp*

I see that I will most likely play this game, and I'll like it too!.. I'll like it until the day I don't like it anymore.

Woooow, some deep stuff right there.

I shake my magic eightball to see what it say's....."Don't bother reading this post". Ok, I move on to the next one.