Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preorder ESO: Play any race in any alliance.

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by muthax
    Originally posted by Calven

Then they should allow all non-pre order games as well this benefit. The factions are basially useless now considering how much lore they put in to justify them. I'd have liked the factions to race neutral but the current one's aren't and that is why the game and its PvP will suffer

Quite the opposite I hope they start taking away races from the standard edition and adding them only to the Imperial Edition!

What?... What is going on here?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Moodsor

I am disappointed in you Bethesda and Zenimax.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/preorder

• PLAY ANY RACE
      IN ANY ALLIANCE

Dunno about you guys, but to me this is not ok as a pre-order perk, and it also seems wrong lore wise.

Yeah, it's odd.

Any race any faction is cool, should be "standard" not a pre-order perk.

Adding Imperial race for CE edition is OK with me, however.

I'm still on the fence on ESO as a whole. Must... beta...

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by colddog04

Then they should allow all non-pre order games as well this benefit. The factions are basially useless now considering how much lore they put in to justify them. I'd have liked the factions to race neutral but the current one's aren't and that is why the game and its PvP will suffer

Quite the opposite I hope they start taking away races from the standard edition and adding them only to the Imperial Edition!

What?... What is going on here?

Yeah, I just sent feedback to Zenimax, if they don't come out with a "Nord Edition", "Dunmer Edition" etc etc at 60$ each I swear I am gonna be very angry and of course the game will die

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    I like being able to play as any alliance, but i think It would have been much better to allow to switch alliances rather than play as any.   (Probably more in tune with the lore, since you're more likely to be in your race's alliance to start). 

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

• PLAY ANY RACE
      IN ANY ALLIANCE

Dunno about you guys, but to me this is not ok as a pre-order perk, and it also seems wrong lore wise.

It was just worded wrong they took it down now to fix the wording mistakes.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by Betaguy

• PLAY ANY RACE
      IN ANY ALLIANCE

Sure? Because that's what it says in the email I received

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

• PLAY ANY RACE
      IN ANY ALLIANCE

Still at the bottom of the page...oh and there is no invasion force invading!

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

You will probably be able to unlock each race for any faction via the cash shop. Don't worry. ;)

And yes, it looks a little desperate and greedy.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Sure? Because that's what it says in the email I received

also in faq

http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/storefaq

What is the Explorer’s Pack?

[ If players pre-purchase the game through The Elder Scrolls Online Store (https://store.elderscrollsonline.com) or pre-order at any participating retailer, they'll receive the Explorer's Pack, a digital bundle that includes: ]

— The ability for the player's characters to join any alliance, no matter which race you choose — The Scuttler , a tiny but loyal vanity pet — Four bonus treasure maps that will lead the player to loot ** When players pre-purchase through The Elder Scrolls Online Store, the Explorer's Pack will automatically be added to their account. If they pre-order the game through a participating retailer, closer to launch they'll be provided with a code they can redeem after registering an account at https://account.elderscrollsonline.com. Players can contact their preferred retailer for more details.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

I am all against the CE imperial race, but this is kind of smooth solution, hear me out:

The alliances are filled with three races, but as in real life there are always some renegades...now how to do it that there will be only few of those renegades in each faction - you make it a one time option, via the preorder

While I think there could be much less money grabbing solutions at hand - like completing a very difficult storyline etc, in some time a lot of people would finish the storyline and sudennly factions would be filled with every race

This way the number of renegades will be limited

Unless they make it a microtransaction...which they probably will

in that case - zenimax is a bunch of greedy idiots who shoould immediatly fire the marketing dep. or they will fail super hard, funcom style and maybe worse

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• RedluciferRedlucifer Member Posts: 112

I'm just so confused now...........To me the factions each having 3 races makes sense, heck even adding a imperial races to be played by any faction than makes sense.  I'm just so confused now which alliance to play since there is nothing driving me to pick one. 

Everyone should just pick the same faction and we can all be winners!!!!

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381

Wow, just wow. 

They were just pretty much messed up their own lore!

What were they thinking?

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333
    Originally posted by inemosz

Wow, just wow. 

They were just pretty much messed up their own lore!

What were they thinking?

Money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by Phry

• PLAY ANY RACE
      IN ANY ALLIANCE

Its wrong lore wise for it to be otherwise, alliances should never have been based on race type, that their allowing this in pre-orders must mean that the backlash from that never actually went away. image

I agree with you, but this is pissing me off. They've been going on and on about faction pride. That's unsettling. Their recent attempt at crowd pleasing is hurting their initial vision of the game.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    I suggest that people go and read it on their own, rather than just relying on the OP. Then you can react.

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    • What is the Explorer’s Pack?
    • [ If players pre-purchase the game through The Elder Scrolls Online Store (https://store.elderscrollsonline.com) or pre-order at any participating retailer, they'll receive the Explorer's Pack, a digital bundle that includes: ] — The ability for the player's characters to join any alliance, no matter which race you choose — The Scuttler , a tiny but loyal vanity pet — Four bonus treasure maps that will lead the player to loot ** When players pre-purchase through The Elder Scrolls Online Store, the Explorer's Pack will automatically be added to their account. If they pre-order the game through a participating retailer, closer to launch they'll be provided with a code they can redeem after registering an account at https://account.elderscrollsonline.com. Players can contact their preferred retailer for more details.

So awesome!!!!!

Now me and my friends can play the same alliance but be the races we each want to be!
  • MoLoK_MoLoK_ Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Originally posted by asrlohz

• PLAY ANY RACE
      IN ANY ALLIANCE

Its wrong lore wise for it to be otherwise, alliances should never have been based on race type, that their allowing this in pre-orders must mean that the backlash from that never actually went away. image

I agree with you, but this is pissing me off. They've been going on and on about faction pride. That's unsettling. Their recent attempt at crowd pleasing is hurting their initial vision of the game.

I think Zenimax will suffer a giant backlash over the "any race any alliance now". And I would not be surprised if their lore guru has left the company.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

• PLAY ANY RACE
      IN ANY ALLIANCE

Don't think this is about crowd pleasing, as much as it is about money making. 

Any race in any faction is one of the big ones people have complained about.  If they were just trying to appease people they would have put it in the game for everyone, not attached it to a pre order. 

Attaching it to the pre order means they're trying to push more day one box sales. 

Add to that the NDA is still up but you can pre order the game. 

Maybe it's just the cynic in me, but this just feels like maybe they didn't get as good a response to the beta as they expected; if they had they wouldn't need to do anything to drive pre orders. 

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by fs23otm
    • [ If players pre-purchase the game through The Elder Scrolls Online Store (https://store.elderscrollsonline.com) or pre-order at any participating retailer, they'll receive the Explorer's Pack, a digital bundle that includes: ] — The ability for the player's characters to join any alliance, no matter which race you choose — The Scuttler , a tiny but loyal vanity pet — Four bonus treasure maps that will lead the player to loot ** When players pre-purchase through The Elder Scrolls Online Store, the Explorer's Pack will automatically be added to their account. If they pre-order the game through a participating retailer, closer to launch they'll be provided with a code they can redeem after registering an account at https://account.elderscrollsonline.com. Players can contact their preferred retailer for more details.

So awesome!!!!!

Now me and my friends can play the same alliance but be the races we each want to be!

At the cost of destroying the entire lore they build the game upon. But hey, who reads quest logs or listens to the expensive voice overs nowadays..?

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

• PLAY ANY RACE
      IN ANY ALLIANCE

I have to ask what vision?

They took the vision of previous ES games of freedom to choose race, class, skills and said faction locked races and fixed classes are cool. PVP suddenly becomes the focus and reason for their design. They then change to lore to fit their 'Vision' to justify it and now....lol just realised I don't care and can't be arses to continue.

enjoy the game guys lol

Originally posted by MoLoK_

• PLAY ANY RACE
      IN ANY ALLIANCE

I think Zenimax will suffer a giant backlash over the "any race any alliance now". And I would not be surprised if their lore guru has left the company.

Problem isn't the lore. It fits with the lore. The problem is how the questlines are written. Why would the queen co operate with an Argonian? Why should a Nord Highking trust an Altmer? Racism is a big part in the world of Nirn. It's what makes it relatable. The whole game is most likely written to fit the race within a certain alliance. This will skew it.

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Cinematic trailer explains the lore.
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    Originally posted by fs23otm

So awesome!!!!!

At the cost of destroying the entire lore they build the around. But hey, who reads quest logs or listens to the expensive voice overs nowadays..?

To bad when you logged in there was already other faction races in your area. When you go to any town, you will see a collection of races from any faction. My first time logging in I was like WTH, but then I said well I can understand having a couple orc npc's in AD.

Originally posted by Maelwydd

• PLAY ANY RACE
      IN ANY ALLIANCE

I have to ask what vision?

They took the vision of previous ES games of freedom to choose race, class, skills and said faction locked races and fixed classes are cool. PVP suddenly becomes the focus and reason for their design. They then change to lore to fit their 'Vision' to justify it and now....lol just realised I don't care and can't be arses to continue.

enjoy the game guys lol

That's the point, this was meant to be PvP heavy in the spirit of DAoC. And they were pretty lore friendly. I have complained about some parts but still.... "lol" I just realized that you haven't been following the game at all.

Cheers.

• IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273

I'm quite surprised by this.  I thought the race - alliance restrictions were a core design element.  One basically written in stone to facilitate the alliance vs. alliance PVP.

I don't have a clue how this will work out over time.  Nor can I imagine how this change would have taken place.  Did someone just wake-up one day and decide "What the hell, let them play in whatever alliance they want"?

Honestly I find it quite puzzling.