Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Trove: The Gunslinger is About to Fire

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

We caught up with Trove’s Andrew Krausnick to talk about some of the new and upcoming additions to Trion’s world-building, destroying, raptor riding, sword swinging, soon to be pistol-wielding adventure MMO. The small, but growing team has been hard at work since returning from the holidays, and in just a few short weeks since our last update a slew of new additions have gone live in the alpha. Read on to find out what’s new and what’s coming soon to the voxel-based adventure.

Read more of Bill Murphy's Trove: The Gunslinger is About to Fire.

Seriously… Raptors with monocles, people.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

"It certainly seems like Trion’s serious about making Trove the best experience possible"

It's not like they were serious about that with every other of their titles...and failed every time.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Raptor's with Monocles...I'm sold! :D

I wasn't big on Minecraft, but this game looks like it could be fun.  I like this idea of UGC and being able to make your own weapons and stuff and put them in the game :D

• kyusokkkyusokk Member Posts: 1

"It's not like they were serious about that with every other of their titles...and failed every time."

Thats stupid all they promised they did it in Rift, we all knew it was a themepark wow esque mmo with some dinamic stuff and a great class system that was it they didnt sold lies

• TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Would rather new/info about ArcheAge coming to US

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by Volgore

"It certainly seems like Trion’s serious about making Trove the best experience possible"

It's not like they were serious about that with every other of their titles...and failed every time.

Interesting, how exactly did they fail?  

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by remsleep

Originally posted by Hatefull

Originally posted by Volgore "It certainly seems like Trion’s serious about making Trove the best experience possible" It's not like they were serious about that with every other of their titles...and failed every time.
    Interesting, how exactly did they fail?  
    They didn't - they delivered a themepark with excellent class system, dungeons and raids.

They failed because it wasnt a sandbox with open world PvP and full loot? 

That's my guess -by that definition every game that didn't live up to some players expectation failed.

Look at that recent thread "Worst MMO you ever played" - every single MMO is there, so all MMOs are the worst game to someone.

I don't disagree with you and I don't need to look at that thread to know that is the case. I have no idea why someone would even make a thread like that, it is utterly pointless.

However, I digress. The point of my post was to get Volgore to back up his simplistic 'fail' comment with some proof. You will note I quoted his comment, in order to alleviate confusion, it appears I failed at that. While you are entitled to your opinion(s) and of course can post them here, I am not much interested in having this conversation with you at this time.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Defiance- Failed

End of Nations- Major Failed

RIFT- success

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Actually, Bill I think they are going for a group less system. Those group features you're referring to happen automatically when other players are around. Everyone gets loot and credit for anything killed in the area. Great system if you ask me.

Me stating that they "failed" was in reference to Trion "being serious" about making any of their games "the best experience possible".

If anyone thinks that what has become of Rift is the best experience possible, you must have missed the turn the game took for the worse. Rift nowadays is about the item shop to keep the casuals happy with costumes+lockboxes and the company from going bankrupt, while actual content is for a minimal group of raiders who are friends to the director and devs. If Trion was serious about it, they would have picked up one or another point from the miriads of threads made by veterans containing reasonable input about PvP, class/soul-balance, token grind, entry level to raids etc etc etc...

Maybe promoting and selling 12 month subs to the poeple 2 month before going F2P and then stating that F2P was planned for a year ago already qualifies as "best experience" to the customers....oh, wait.

I'm also quite sure that world events/bosses with 7fps since release due to an engine that is crap beyond repair plus Trion's inability to improve it isn't the best experience possible. Otherwise there wouldnt be "fix your damn performance" threads on the forum for years every other week.

Then, I dont think i have to comment on the ridiculous PR gimmick that was Defiance, which was floating on the hype of a tv-show tie in that never happened and couldn't even carry it's own studio.

EoN? I assume everyone interested know the story about that one. If you like to consider it a "win", feel free to be entitled to that.

Trove? Seems like they have sunken so low that they had to steal a game from a team of two people. At least they don't compete in a "we're not in Azeroth anymore" way with a big company, so one this won't backfire too hard when Landmark hits the shelves and Trove will go the route every Trion game has gone: 5$ on steam 6 month after release.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by remsleep
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

Defiance- Failed

End of Nations- Major Failed

RIFT- success

Defiance failed how?

End of Nations never even launched,

Rift is a success, how?

Without defining terms "fail" and "success" - there can be very little meaningful discussion.

Well End of Nations is obviously a fail because of the lack of launch. but that wasnt always Trion's game.

Defiance obviously hasnt been a hit by any stretch, and if its made its development cost back is anybody's guess.

Rift is the tougher one to judge.  It was initially a success, but it didn't last, the population decline wasnt steep like WAR but it did drop significantly its first year.  Still, it does better than some games that released after it.  I doubt Trion is happy with its performance, when they started they seemed pretty anti f2p but they caved in to it.

• JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by Volgore

Me stating that they "failed" was in reference to Trion "being serious" about making any of their games "the best experience possible".

If anyone thinks that what has become of Rift is the best experience possible, you must have missed the turn the game took for the worse. Rift nowadays is about the item shop to keep the casuals happy with costumes+lockboxes and the company from going bankrupt, while actual content is for a minimal group of raiders who are friends to the director and devs. If Trion was serious about it, they would have picked up one or another point from the miriads of threads made by veterans containing reasonable input about PvP, class/soul-balance, token grind, entry level to raids etc etc etc...

Maybe promoting and selling 12 month subs to the poeple 2 month before going F2P and then stating that F2P was planned for a year ago already qualifies as "best experience" to the customers....oh, wait.

I'm also quite sure that world events/bosses with 7fps since release due to an engine that is crap beyond repair plus Trion's inability to improve it isn't the best experience possible. Otherwise there wouldnt be "fix your damn performance" threads on the forum for years every other week.

Then, I dont think i have to comment on the ridiculous PR gimmick that was Defiance, which was floating on the hype of a tv-show tie in that never happened and couldn't even carry it's own studio.

EoN? I assume everyone interested know the story about that one. If you like to consider it a "win", feel free to be entitled to that.

Trove? Seems like they have sunken so low that they had to steal a game from a team of two people. At least they don't compete in a "we're not in Azeroth anymore" way with a big company, so one this won't backfire too hard when Landmark hits the shelves and Trove will go the route every Trion game has gone: 5$ on steam 6 month after release.

Trove was "stolen" from anyone, it's being developed by the same people who created it, but now with a team to help back them up.

Originally posted by Joreel

Trove was "stolen" from anyone, it's being developed by the same people who created it, but now with a team to help back them up.

Trove was stolen from a guy and his wife when it was known as CubeWorld.

https://picroma.com/media