Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alganon: Rise of the Ourobani Expansion Goes Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Alganon players will want to head over to the official site to check out the details about the Rise of the Ourobani expansion. Ourobani brings a new race, a new class, flying mounts, a new continent and more into the game.

New Class - The Warden

The Warden is a new ranged/melee damage oriented class that is playable to all three races (with expansion purchase). They feature a varied kit of actions and a companion to help control his/her fight. Should things prove too difficult for the Warden alone, he/she can form a telepathic bond with animals to gain the assistance of a permanent companion.  

Read the full launch notes on the Alganon site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Hmmm.  Need some videos of this.  Most of the youtube videos are pretty old.  They could offer some full memberships to people in exchange for some "Let's Play" videos.  If they didn't restrict what people said, they could even look better than EA and Microsoft doing it.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

How is this game still alive?  Anyone playing it?  Last time I played, just a few months after launch it felt so WoW -lite that it made me want to play WoW instead for better polish, character feedback and overall quality.  Never saw even one player either when I played.

What's even worse is that I can't find one single high level gameplay video.  Highest level I've seen is level 12.  How can one play this game without seeing what elder game has in store for them?  *boggled*

• titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Amazing its still going?!  Months without a word, then this?  They must have bottomless pockets, as this game can't be making a lot of money lol...
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Where's the video to help promote the game?
    The one thing this game had that was really cool was the studies system.
  • IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by titanofdoom
    Amazing its still going?!  Months without a word, then this?  They must have bottomless pockets, as this game can't be making a lot of money lol...

They've been posting about it on their forums for some time now. We knew this exp pak was coming for a very long time. It was suppose to have been out a few years ago but was delayed due to them moving data centers and adding flying mounts to the new exp pak and also training new workers.

• BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Sadly, I think they would have just been better off making a new game.
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by SBFord

Alganon players will want to head over to the official site to check out the details about the Rise of the Ourobani expansion. Ourobani brings a new race, a new class, flying mounts, a new continent and more into the game.

New Class - The Warden

The Warden is a new ranged/melee damage oriented class that is playable to all three races (with expansion purchase). They feature a varied kit of actions and a companion to help control his/her fight. Should things prove too difficult for the Warden alone, he/she can form a telepathic bond with animals to gain the assistance of a permanent companion.  

Read the full launch notes on the Alganon site.

My God, I'm going to grab the entire community of Alganon (me and two Hispanic guys at the car-wash) and head over to see the new changes!

In all seriousness, don't blame Derek Smart.  He is open to ideas but he had little wiggle room with what he was handed.  I never will understand how this game ever came to fruition, while a game like Vanguard, Saga of Heroes, gets their plug pulled, and people have yet to come close to copying anything Dark Age of Camelot offered (sorry, Warhammer was a turd, so no).