Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Preorders Open On Official & Other Retail Sites

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Preorders for Bethesda's Elder Scrolls Online have finally opened. According to the ESO site, a digital standard edition of the game can be purchased for $59.99, the Imperial digital edition for $79.99.

Both editions include five days of early access and 30 days game time. The Imperial edition also allows players to game as an Imperial, includes a mount, pet, a pair of rings, the ability to "transmog" into Imperial armor and gives players an Imperial crafting set.

What is the Explorer’s Pack?

If players pre-purchase the game through The Elder Scrolls Online Store (https://store.elderscrollsonline.com) or pre-order at any participating retailer, they'll receive the Explorer's Pack, a digital bundle that includes:

• The ability for the player's characters to join any alliance, no matter which race you choose

• The Scuttler , a tiny but loyal vanity pet

• Four bonus treasure maps that will lead the player to loot 

*** When players pre-purchase through The Elder Scrolls Online Store, the Explorer's Pack will automatically be added to their account. If they pre-order the game through a participating retailer, closer to launch they'll be provided with a code they can redeem after registering an account at https://account.elderscrollsonline.com. Players can contact their preferred retailer for more details.

Grab your copy on the Elder Scrolls Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

So they are already opening up their cash shop, e.g., an extra $20 will get you an extra race, a mount, and other virtual items.

#1. Buy our game: $59.99.

#2. Pay our monthly fee: $14.99. ($164.89 per year - didn't include the free month)

On top of the above, they will still have a cash shop.

NO THANKS, E$O

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Dauzqul
    79.99 to play as a unique race.

Lets get it right, you are paying 20 dollars extra for all the imperial perks and the rings and pet.

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Seems more like 20 dollars to play as a unique race since you'd be paying the 60 anyway.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Thank you for the update!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169

Standard     75.02 $$                                Digital  109.13 $$

some one will explain me this ?

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Moodsor

Lets get it right, you are paying 20 dollars extra for all the imperial perks and the rings and pet.

Don't forget an account wide mount. (and a nice one at that)

Blizzard usually charges 25$ for those.

So no, not such a bad deal at all - but do keep on fixating on the race.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Excellent!  Will probably pre-order today.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550
    seems like a great deal compared to other CE's I've purchased
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    I'll wait for drop price ,9,99$ Digital Imperial Edition, I have patience & don't care for early access.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    Originally posted by Moodsor

Don't forget an account wide mount. (and a nice one at that)

Blizzard usually charges 25$ for those.

So no, not such a bad deal at all - but do keep on fixating on the race.

so if they throw in a sparkly pony with each cash shop purchase over $20  then thats okay image

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208

You must be pretty deluded to see preorder bonuses as the start of a cash shop.

Guess that is what you must expect of the internet these days...

• IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273

[...]

NO THANKS, E$O

I think your 'E$O' word play could end up being the theme for the year.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    sexy!
  • bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133
    £50 for the standard edition here in the UK. Quite pricey compared to what we are used to. MMOs usually retail at about £30-40 on release.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Gilllean

some one will explain me this ?

instead of crying why not read and compare each package and what it entails?..

<.<

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

So they are already opening up their cash shop, e.g., an extra $20 will get you an extra race, a mount, and other virtual items.

#2. Pay our monthly fee: $14.99. ($164.89 per year - didn't include the free month)

NO THANKS, E$O

warcraft,lotro and all the others that have microtransactions  not to mention different editions.no different than any other company really.although I agree its not nice in any game but these days its part of life.

• BeadmanBeadman Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Being a redguard in the aldmeri dominion doesn't sound like a bad idea. At least this way you can still get the race you want while playing with friends who want a different faction.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    So the digital CE is available now. The physical amazon leak isn't live though it would seem.
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

NO THANKS, E$O

Has absolutely nothing to do with a cash shop, many games do Digital Deluxe editions with extra perks in, its not something unique to ESO, and no there has been no cash shop announced. typical overreaction and lack of knowledge about mmo launches.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    The physical edition is $99 USD at gamestop.
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

NDA still in place, but you can pre order. 

And their charging for one of the things a lot of people have been rather critical about, races being locked to faction.  The other stuff is rather trivial and no different than any other pre order, but allowing you to play any race in any faction only if you pre order is pretty cruddy. 

They're charging for something people have been stating they wanted from the get go. 

Something tells me that this is something you'll be able to pay extra for after the game launches, like a name change or server transfer. 

Just sounds greedy to me. 

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Grakulen
    The physical edition is $99 USD at gamestop.

Standard or Imperial?

Edit:  Imperial.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Making the Imperial Race for CE orders only left a bad taste in my mouth but I think I could have been okay with it in the end. Finding out in the next article that by pre-ordering you also get to play as any race in any faction when they made such a big deal about locking out the races... No thanks. It makes them seem flaky at best. I'll pass on this one.
  • GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by orbitxo

some one will explain me this ? This is Eu prices  transferred in dollars

<.<

I'm asking why Europeans must pay more ? as if we have better salary here than people in USA..   my native country 250 $ average salary where I'm now 450 euro average.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by orbitxo

some one will explain me this ? This is Eu prices  transferred in dollars

<.<

I'm asking why Europeans must pay more ? as if we have better salary here than people in USA..   my native country 250 $ average salary where I'm now 450 euro average.

Oh man... This is harsh... I feel bad for the EU guys out there... I never did get this Euro = USD philosophy. Seems they are taking a page out of Steam's book.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...