Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: "Imperial Edition" Leaked by Amazon.com

124»

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Making an entire race exclusive to the $ spenders. Pretty sad. It reminds me when STO did that with the playable Borg.
    The game is also for the console. Just another story driven swtor, IMO. Not interested.... Especially after seeing their b$ gimmicks.
  • Heavy-armor-warriorHeavy-armor-warrior Member Posts: 222

Why is every one getting all mad. When their is no imperial everyone is fine but when you have to pay for them everyone gets all crazy.

If you want the imperial pay the extra money if you dont want it dont pay the extra money.

Nuff said.

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

From their own website

PLAY AS AN IMPERIAL

Become an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear and more.

TRANSFORM INTO IMPERIAL GEAR

Transform any gear you own into Imperial styled gear.

CRAFT IMPERIAL GEAR

Ability to craft Imperial style when crafting gear.

IMPERIAL WHITE HORSE

Summon this exclusive Imperial mount and journey through Tamriel with increased speed.

Unique (and apparently untested) bonuses for sale day one.  Nice start...

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Sweet! I was so hoping for something like this! :D Thanks for sharing.

imageimage

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Heavy-armor-warrior

Why is every one getting all mad. When their is no imperial everyone is fine but when you have to pay for them everyone gets all crazy.

If you want the imperial pay the extra money if you dont want it dont pay the extra money.

Nuff said.

If the game was F2P I would not be concerned. But when you have to pay the box price and a monthly sub you are entitled to the entire game and it's content. You do not demand extra money for an iconic race that, if introduced in certain ways, is lore breaking. If you think that the current process of charging extra for things that you already have paid for, then you're only furthering an ugly development that will only harm yourself.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

A unique race as part of a collectors edition? Not a bad business decision. I hope the race comes with a 'digital deluxe' edition as well, I'm not fond of statues (and neither paying 150 euro for them).

Still, I was expecting more in-game items, as commonly found in other expensive editions of a game.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Calven

Why is every one getting all mad. When their is no imperial everyone is fine but when you have to pay for them everyone gets all crazy. If you want the imperial pay the extra money if you dont want it dont pay the extra money.   Nuff said.

If the game was F2P I would not be concerned. But when you have to pay the box price and a monthly sub you are entitled to the entire game and it's content. You do not demand extra money for an iconic race that, if introduced in certain ways, is lore breaking. If you think that the current process of charging extra for things that you already have paid for, then you're only furthering an ugly development that will only harm yourself.

That's the problem...people need to wrap their head around they are paying 107 plus tax for the physical items not the digital imperial item, that's a freebie.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

It's not about paying to get more. I play sub-free cash shop games. I'm all about paying equaling "getting more". This is about Firor saying the "nickel and dime" method of F2P games doesn't fit ESO and your sub getting you everything. That's obviously not true.

I'd be happy with people acknowledging he was talking out his ass to pander to a demographic and that the sub doesn't get you everything in this game. That's all.

Of course he was; if anybody thinks he wasn't, I've got a bridge to sell them.  I am less annoyed by people trying to sell products doing everything they can to market them effectively than I am by the people who seem to honestly think people who spend more shouldn't be allowed to have more as a result of that spending.

Totally.  They should change Chess so that you can purchase lost pieces to return them to the board.  Chess tournaments would make sooooo much more money that way.

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333
    Originally posted by Betaguy

Nuff said.

That's the problem...people need to wrap their head around they are paying 107 plus tax for the physical items not the digital imperial item, that's a freebie.

(Link to Store below)

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store

Nope, £20 more for that 'freebie' if you wanted the imperial digital version.

-cleaned up link

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

a 'mount'..ill be picking this up.

is all i really asked for on the CE!!!-after seeing the prices of mounts in beta!...lol!

ty-

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Miblet

Why is every one getting all mad. When their is no imperial everyone is fine but when you have to pay for them everyone gets all crazy. If you want the imperial pay the extra money if you dont want it dont pay the extra money.   Nuff said.

(Link to Store below)

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store?q=5260811b-ee92-4b69-a8a3-f995d5b196f0&p=42e9e609-9099-41b9-8976-cd93aa997b72&ts=1391002184&c=zenimaxonline&e=live&rt=Safetynet&h=b95097d00dc329c063b2ff1dc1fb9671

Nope, £20 more for that 'freebie' if you wanted the imperial digital version.

Nice try there is only one digital ce...it includes the imperial stuff.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Nice try you don't get the statue or book or map nice fail link

To reiterate...Imperial DIGITAL version.  So +40% for the 'freebies'.

Edit -related to edited response..

Of course there is only one digital CE, there is only one digital CE in the link and ...it includes the imperial stuff...

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    I kind of feel like that this "leak" was intended in the first place by Zenimax as a little publicity stunt and to see what the reaction would be like and change it depending on the reaction before officially announcing it.

I agree because clearly their PR firm sucks because the game is supposed to be released for the pc in two months and six days according to their own game directer and usually pre-orders are put out about six months in advance. So Zenimax droped the ball somewhere. http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2013/12/11/eso-release-plans-announced

Originally posted by Miblet

Nice try you don't get the statue or book or map nice fail link

To reiterate...Imperial DIGITAL version.  So +40% for the 'freebies'.

Edit -related to edited response..

Of course there is only one digital CE, there is only one digital CE in the link and ...it includes the imperial stuff...

Correct and what Amazon put on their site was the physical copy of the CE.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Its funny all this drama over what most likely is just armor and other aesthetics. Never mind it isn't just aesthetics. LOL

Evidently, the imperial race will be included according to their store page. It will be given unique bonuses as well which is somewhat bothersome. However I won't let that get me down. Everyone can still get Imperial armour as long as you know someone who actually owns the CE.

Either way, I'm still not too bothered by it. As long as the mount doesn't come for free. I'm hoping you'll still need to farm up for it ingame.

Originally posted by asrlohz
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Its funny all this drama over what most likely is just armor and other aesthetics. Never mind it isn't just aesthetics. LOL

Evidently, the imperial race will be included according to their store page. It will be given unique bonuses as well which is somewhat bothersome. However I won't let that get me down. Everyone can still get Imperial armour as long as you know someone who actually owns the CE.

Either way, I'm still not too bothered by it. As long as the mount doesn't come for free. I'm hoping you'll still need to farm up for it ingame.

The mount will be as many games that do such CE bonuses.  Free (might have a level requirement though equally likely not).

The main problem people are going to have is the Imperial race and the possible racials (not cosmetic - their value can be argued as it is unknown, but it is not merely cosmetic), and their implications regarding many players trust in the game.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

There is that ugly word again.  If you pay the box price, you are entitled to create a character and play for a month.  If you pay the monthly sub after that, you are entitled to access to the servers.  That is the end of your entitlement.  Anything they want to charge for separately, they can.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

There is that ugly word again.  If you pay the box price, you are entitled to create a character and play for a month.  If you pay the monthly sub after that, you are entitled to access to the servers.  That is the end of your entitlement.  Anything they want to charge for separately, they can.

That's a problem with some people, they think they're entitled everything free.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995

You are also entitled to not purchase the game and not pay their subscription fee.  I'm going to take advantage of that option and I hope that many other people choose to as well.

"Elder Scrolls is about being in a giant world, where you’re exploring, and you go to a dungeon, and you don’t get a paygate in front of you saying you don’t have this dungeon," Matt Firor says.

Instead, you get a paygate in front of you saying you don't have this race.  Hypocrisy is somewhat amusing and a TERRIBLE trait. 

Edit: To clarify, I am not against box prices or subscriptions.  In fact, I think justifiable subscriptions are the best form of payment for an MMORPG.  I am, however, against shadiness.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

I think every subscription based game should have a cash shop that sells things the sub doesn't offer including gear and pvp advantages.

Lol.  PvP is the one area where "P2W" actually is possible.  I don't think any smart developer is going to cross that line, not if they are going for the mass market.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Originally posted by Roguewiz

$125-150 US

Any higher, they won't sell as much.  That price is pretty standard nowadays for collector's editions that include statues and books.

The physical copy with the statue and book is $99.99. Info release by gamestop today. http://www.gamestop.com/collection/elder-scrolls-online?cid=eml_10001288