Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: "Imperial Edition" Leaked by Amazon.com

Comments

• KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I'd have to go with $199 to $249 USD 
    o.O

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by inemosz

Imperial is on a free faction?

Is that even on the lore?

Whilst all alliances are separated in TESO, you will still most likely see Argonians or any other race in alliances other than their home alliance. Only as NPCs of course, and in Cyrodiil. But this is because the war never meant that everyone belonging to the same race had to join their homelands.

It would be silly if imperials just stopped existing outside of Cyrodiil, especially considering that since their liberation from the Mer and Tsaesci started to spread out more and more in Tamriel. I'm sure we'll even find Imperial friendly NPCs as well in game.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I know nothing about TESO, I am going to buy it, am  I missing something though.  Is this Imperial some elite race? is it going to be stronger than playing a lizard guy?  Cause if its not I could give a rats ass about what someone else wants to pay a business (who needs to make money) in order to unlock a race.  You have a choice, and I believe there is nothing extra, its just a skin.  If you really have to be an imperial and think its too expensive go mow like 10 lawns and buy it.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by funyahns

Where do you draw the line though in what you can spend and buy for more though?  is 4% run speed more than someone else something that you would be okay with selling? 

Honestly?  As long as the bonus didn't apply in PvP areas, I couldn't care less.  Anything that only impacts the experience of the person buying it, not the experience of those around him, is perfectly fine as far as I am concerned.  Your experience is in no way made less enjoyable, or at least it shouldn't be, if somebody else pays a fee to run a little faster in what is essentially the solo portion of the game.

Some people look at this news and want to cry and rage at the idea that there is a race being treated as premium content.  I think a much healthier response is to simply be happy the race is in the game at all.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by CazNeerg

Where do you draw the line though in what you can spend and buy for more though?  is 4% run speed more than someone else something that you would be okay with selling? 

Honestly?  As long as the bonus didn't apply in PvP areas, I couldn't care less.  Anything that only impacts the experience of the person buying it, not the experience of those around him, is perfectly fine as far as I am concerned.  Your experience is in no way made less enjoyable, or at least it shouldn't be, if somebody else pays a fee to run a little faster in what is essentially the solo portion of the game.

Some people look at this news and want to cry and rage at the idea that there is a race being treated as premium content.  I think a much healthier response is to simply be happy the race is in the game at all.

Why should you view that as a good thing?  It equates to day on DLC which is not a positive for the consumer. 

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

Why should you view that as a good thing?  It equates to day on DLC which is not a positive for the consumer. 

Day one DLC is perfectly fine, if it is content that they are only providing because they can charge separately for it.  People like to pretend that the only options are you get all of the content with the box price, or you get part of the content with the box price then pay for the rest, but the amount of content is the same either way.  If they weren't going to have separate charges for part of it, it is entirely possible they would just make less.  If my options are to pay extra for something, or have it not exist as an option at all, I would rather pay extra.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    People actually play Imperial? Well gimp away i say! Worst elder scrolls "race" bar none.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Sigh, not another 200 Dollar edition because of a stupid statue. I had enough of that with SWTOR already! I never got rid of the Darth Malak statue, but I wanted the ingame goodies. I regretted that and swore never to buy such an overpriced package, and I won't. The book looks good. But why anyone would want a statue of Molag Bal is beyond me...

I hope a normal edition with SMALL goodies will be there, but if not I take a the normal edition.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374
    Originally posted by Elikal

Sigh, not another 200 Dollar edition because of a stupid statue. I had enough of that with SWTOR already! I never got rid of the Darth Malak statue, but I wanted the ingame goodies. I regretted that and swore never to buy such an overpriced package, and I won't. The book looks good. But why anyone would want a statue of Molag Bal is beyond me...

I hope a normal edition with SMALL goodies will be there, but if not I take a the normal edition.

Malak makes an awesome paperweight.  With Molag Bal, you'll be able to weigh down an even bigger stack of papers.

Or better yet....have a battle between them complete with pew pew effects :O

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Wankyudo

Malak makes an awesome paperweight.  With Molag Bal, you'll be able to weigh down an even bigger stack of papers.

Besides Tim Drake/Robin, the first 3 Suikoden heroes and a hello kitty plushy is no place for ugly demons and fugly Sith Lords on my sideboard!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Originally posted by Wankyudo

Besides Tim Drake/Robin, the first 3 Suikoden heroes and a hello kitty plushy is no place for ugly demons and fugly Sith Lords on my sideboard!

In that case, you have a better option.  If you leave Molag Bal and Malak infront of the hello kitty plushy overnight, you'll wake up to them tearing it apart á la toy soldiers style.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Play as an Imperial?!?!?!??!?!? that's so amazing I actually suggested make playing an Imperial a mercenary type deal that could choose any faction. I always play ES games as Imperials and was bummed when I found out there was no way to play them, until now!
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

I know the price is a bit ridiculous.. but you have to admit the statue does look pretty cool.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    When i think imperial, i always think of how oblivion portrayed them. having every race be able to be imperial is kinda jarring imo.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

WTF!!  so they restrict every race to a faction and SELL away the imperial race for every faction.
    All youre friends Elfs? ? dont want to be.. BUY IT NOW...a Human race to join your friends....
    Dont like to be big hulky nords..go BUY a better race to suit your style.

only $150! go go go buy it now before we sell our better Packs were you get to travel freely starting at level 5 to any faction home land to play whit your friends!!.

I cant believe that the MMORPG staff is not jumping on this as we type this shit.
    this is one of the few time they can use their pr power for something good toward their user/ income /readers.

This is a pure sellout, a cash grab and shows what ridicules length they go to "scam" customers out of money. "lets restrict customers so that we may sell more expensive products that cos us nothing to make or invest in besides the already known base prize of the real world production cost.. profit 200%"

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

I kind of feel like that this "leak" was intended in the first place by Zenimax as a little publicity stunt and to see what the reaction would be like and change it depending on the reaction before officially announcing it.

Nothing wrong with that... I always test the waters before diving in. it's the smart thing todo.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333

Day one DLC is perfectly fine, if it is content that they are only providing because they can charge separately for it.  People like to pretend that the only options are you get all of the content with the box price, or you get part of the content with the box price then pay for the rest, but the amount of content is the same either way.  If they weren't going to have separate charges for part of it, it is entirely possible they would just make less.  If my options are to pay extra for something, or have it not exist as an option at all, I would rather pay extra.

I disagree.  Day 1 DLC should never have been accepted by the gaming community.  Like many other things in the entertainment industry (esp the gaming market) it was never put in place for the customers it was to further monetize their player base or protect their financial gains.
    If the content wouldn't have existed without the financial gain from selling it separately I could understand.  However lets be honest here, almost all Day 1 DLC would have been provided within the game were it not for people's willingness to tolerate paying more for it (some companies even have chunks torn out of the game specifically to sell to the customer in addition to their base product).

Charge another 20% of the games cost and people would be outraged, label it as DLC and sell it the same people show apathy.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Miblet

Originally posted by funyahns  Why should you view that as a good thing?  It equates to day on DLC which is not a positive for the consumer. 

I disagree.  Day 1 DLC should never have been accepted by the gaming community.  Like many other things in the entertainment industry (esp the gaming market) it was never put in place for the customers it was to further monetize their player base or protect their financial gains.
    If the content wouldn't have existed without the financial gain from selling it separately I could understand.  However lets be honest here, almost all Day 1 DLC would have been provided within the game were it not for people's willingness to tolerate paying more for it (some companies even have chunks torn out of the game specifically to sell to the customer in addition to their base product).

Charge another 20% of the games cost and people would be outraged, label it as DLC and sell it the same people show apathy.

You should try xbox 360 or ps3...every title has dlc on day one. Could help you to adapt and not think so critical with changing times.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by Miblet

You should try xbox 360 or ps3...every title has dlc on day one. Could help you to adapt and not think so critical with changing times.

Passionate Game Developer: "Hi, Publisher Overlords. Can I please add such and such to the game? I think it'd be a really cool addition to the game!"

Publisher Overlords: "Hell no, you're already going to have trouble making your deadline as it is! Are you really going to waste time on more content and become the next KOTOR II, VTM: Bloodlines, or any other game where we forcibly have to tell you to release the game even if it wasn't ready because you kept wanting to add cool stuff. And as a result your title will bomb and your studio gets disolved."

Passionate Game Developer: "Err... no, my benevolent overlords... I wouldn't want to share that horrible fate... um... how about if we charge them extra for it?"

Publisher Overlords: "You have our attention."

And that's why we have the DLCs.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333
    Originally posted by Betagu

I'm aware this is common practice.  However it doesn't mean I have to like it as I am aware it will get worse as time goes on, because people are showing in general they are fine with it.  I didn't like DRM either when it first arrived in the gaming industry, people in general though showed apathy and it went from minor inconvenience to in some cases interfering with the games it shipped with.

The thing I cannot understand is why some people feel the gaming industry needs defending from it's customers.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

You and other sheep like you are the reason the companies got so insanely greedy

Yeah lets be okay with every shitty change and not criticize/boycott it!

People like you make me seriously sick ugh..

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506

I love how people overreact to information.

You still locked to a faction... it is not like imperials can play in each faction freely. You still have to pick a faction. 

People are just looking for reason to protest ESO, and Zenimax just keep providing them ammo. This is not a big deal, but every chink in the armor just feeds the trolls.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    taking a guess -- the CE imperial is probably an "early access" race
    Originally posted by Pigozz

You and other sheep like you are the reason the companies got so insanely greedy

Yeah lets be okay with every shitty change and not criticize/boycott it!

People like you make me seriously sick ugh..

Got it.  Every day of our life is to be spent with a picket sign outside of every company building when they say they will be updating/releasing something.  Even though online boycotts don't work for crap and "shitty changes" are subjective from person to person.

Or the fact that if a company is greedy, it is because they are greedy.  Not because of "sheep."

He may make you sick, but you just make people feel pity.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Access to a race because you paid extra for it is not the way to build a business. I can see significant  blow back.

At IGN they are saying you not only get the Imperial race but  a white imperial mount.

Here is what they have to say.

"The image has since been taken down, but its contents are clear. The Imperial Edition includes a 12-inch statue of the Daedric Prince Molag Bal, a map of Tamriel, and a huge 224-page illustrated book. Additionally, Imperial Edition players will have the ability to play as an Imperial regardless of alliance. And just to sweeten the deal, you'll get a white Imperial horse, a Mudcrab pet, and a pair of Rings of Mara. The whole set is bound in Steelbook packaging.

Notably, the leaked image includes a PlayStation 4 logo across the top. The Elder Scrolls Online is releasing for PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Given the PS4 logo, it's not immediately clear if the Imperial Edition will be available across all platforms."