Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am outraged at the "Play an Imperial on either Faction" CE Bonus!!

Comments

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Originally posted by sludgebeard

This is the worst CE leak ever (And will go down in history as so), I for one ca not believe that Zenimax would stoop this low. Well Ive HAD IT!

Not only did they ignore players cries for an imperial race, and for all races - available to - all factions, but now they go and throw both those into one box and chrge you 150 bucks to have it!!

That is an outright deception of consumer interests and I will be filing a greviounce with the company first thing tomorrow morning!

God is no one else as outraged!?

No, I am outraged that I throw away more food than 1/3 of the people in the world world eats per week.

I am outraged that viable Biofuels were discovered 25 years ago but are not being explored while "shale gas" production is being ramped up.

I am outraged that there is a landmass the size of texas made out of plastic rubbish in the middle of the ocean.

An extra race that will essentially be purely cosmetic (interesting racial abilities aside, as I dont see them being stupid enough to make it an op iwin button in a highly balanced pvp game) being in a collectors edition of a game, at most I would be mildly peeved at this.

• LugorsLugors Member UncommonPosts: 184
    This seems like an excellent idea for a collectors edition.  Most of the time they stick with a non combat pet or some equipment piece that is useless after a couple of levels.  Giving something unique to last the full game is a step in the right direction and gives actual in-game value. 
  • GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169

I will try the game no matter what !!!

But Imperial race in CE it's ridiculous considering that it's a  BUY to play  and PAY to play

Buy Box 45 $ 15 $ =60$   1 subscription month    

When people heard that ESO will be BUY PAY to play they thought they will have acces to all in those 60 $ but now it's turn on that no 1  of the main race in game is restricted this is a bad start ! That just greedy zenimax.  also looks to me that game might be Grab money and die.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    I am not "outraged" by it no, but I am curious what racial perks imperials get in TESO or what goodies might come with it as well?  Game goodies from CE's and other editions have been a mess in the industry for a while now in a variety of games and I kind of resent the way they affect play in some cases.

Yep that's a big question mark as well, considering that there are significant racial skills in the game.

Significant?  That's a stretch.  I would say helpful, but in no way locks you into a certain playstyle.  

The freak out is funny though considering that we don't even know what their racial is.

Anyone stop to think that maybe their racial perk is the ability to play on any faction?

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by squalleonaha

this is not skyrim.

i see smell of FF14 here. quick grab money and giving S

already moved on Everquest next. i think i'll enjoy console game in the mean time

I just picked up the Trailblazer Pack on EverQuest Next Landmark myself.  I really did not think I would be interested in this title but Landmark looks very interesting to me.  The player models are still not my cup of tea but the game itself looks interesting.

Ratero.

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by sludgebeard

This is the worst CE leak ever (And will go down in history as so), I for one ca not believe that Zenimax would stoop this low. Well Ive HAD IT!

Not only did they ignore players cries for an imperial race, and for all races - available to - all factions, but now they go and throw both those into one box and chrge you 150 bucks to have it!!

That is an outright deception of consumer interests and I will be filing a greviounce with the company first thing tomorrow morning!

God is no one else as outraged!?

No I am not outraged, because if I was playing a WHOLE game to play as ONE race then its not worth the buy to begin with. Now, you might have a preference in races from the lore, but how they introduce them is up to them and as long as there is no pay to win mechanic involved with the collectors edition purchase I honestly don't care. 

I also like how you state its an outright deception of consumer interests. Making something sound more fancy doesn't make it true and enjoy making your complaint, you have no merit or need to make one. But sure, go and be a douche as you have a tantrum. 

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

I am pleased to see that there is some hope for this game yet.

The reality is that B2P + Sub is basically a dead horse. Games need additional payment options to survive in todays market. The public stance that they have taken on these issues in the past showed that they did not understand the market, and that as such, they were highly likely to fail. Now that they have shown that they are not blindly excluding other options, I am much more hopeful for the game... and believe that it might have a future as more than a short term money grab.

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

I would be more interested in this if it read something like:

"Play As Any Race In Any Alliance"

"Play In An Open World Where You Can Travel From One End Of The World To The Other With No Level Restrictions."

"Adventure Into Cyrodill As A PvE Players Without Having To Be Flagged As A PvP'er."

I would then reconsider this title... maybe.

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333
    Originally posted by Superman0X

I am pleased to see that there is some hope for this game yet.

The reality is that B2P + Sub is basically a dead horse. Games need additional payment options to survive in todays market. The public stance that they have taken on these issues in the past showed that they did not understand the market, and that as such, they were highly likely to fail. Now that they have shown that they are not blindly excluding other options, I am much more hopeful for the game... and believe that it might have a future as more than a short term money grab.

Isn't short term cash grab the very definition of a collector's edition?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Seems only the people not planning to play the game are outraged by this possible feature...

Correct, if the game was good it wouldn't have stopped me from playing it.  It's still a dick move considering the chosen payment model.

It's actually the last nail in the coffin for me for this game I think. Such a move would already have seriously annoyed me if the game was fabulous, but now... well... and I thought SW:TOR selling UI elements was bad.

It is a stupid move on their part, to me its too much like the thing EA did with ME3, by charging extra for having a Prothean, which was a fairly significant part of the game imo, day 1 dlc notwithstanding. But to have Imperial option as part of the CE, and i suspect as a cash shop unlock for X amount, is just dumb, by having a cross faction racial they could have ameliorated part of the problems facing those people, who get the game intending to play with friends, and find that there are no acceptable racials that are open to all of the group, having imperials cross faction would have given players possibly a more acceptable option to achieve this, instead, we have a cash grab situation that is inevitably going to cause arguments. image

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Outraged!?

Nope, not at all. I dont get outraged about things as minor as a CE edition for a video game. If thats your biggest worry I envy you, as most of us have real worries in life.

And its even better when you say your outraged and going to complain to the company, but BUY it anyway... lol

• deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193

What most people in this thread don't understand when they say  ''but it's not another human race, nobody cares about the Imperials ! I want to play as  X or Y anyway '' is that it's not about the race, it's about the idea of a bought race when they SPECIFICALLY said they chose P2P so they wouldn't lock content from players. I don't care if you give CE players a max speed horse or anything else AS LONG as the normal player can get it, be it for a big gold price or just way later than the CE player...

Twist it any way you want, this is a microtransaction, only you have to make it before you actually play instead of ingame...

I will play the game, but this is still a dick move from Zenimax and this doesn't make them look good for the future... How can we believe anything they say with this kind of move ?

Again, this is about PRINCIPLE, I personally don't care about the Imperials, but they said no paywall, and that's a huge in-your-face-before-you-even-log-in paywall.

Edit:

Taken directly from the ESO store page : Become an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear and more.

Paywall...F2P style, oh yeah... ! 10$ for the horse, 10$ for the Imperial Pack... Gotta give them, they tried hiding the cash shop haha.

Edit 2 : I also just read in the ESO official store page that if you pre-order the game you can choose whatever race and play whatever faction you want... At this point, why even bother with the locked faction thing... ?

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211
    Originally posted by deveilblad

What most people in this thread don't understand when they say  ''but it's not another human race, nobody cares about the Imperials ! I want to play as  X or Y anyway '' is that it's not about the race, it's about the idea of a bought race when they SPECIFICALLY said they chose P2P so they wouldn't lock content from players. I don't care if you give CE players a max speed horse or anything else AS LONG as the normal player can get it, be it for a big gold price or just way later than the CE player...

Twist it any way you want, this is a microtransaction, only you have to make it before you actually play instead of ingame...

I will play the game, but this is still a dick move from Zenimax and this doesn't make them look good for the future... How can we believe anything they say with this kind of move ?

Again, this is about PRINCIPLE, I personally don't care about the Imperials, but they said no paywall, and that's a huge in-your-face-before-you-even-log-in paywall.

Edit:

Taken directly from the ESO store page : Become an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear and more.

Paywall...F2P style, oh yeah... !

agree on this.

$15 a month suppose to get you access to all content, and now they put it into CE.

i smell super greedy here and cant tell what the future will be.

in all ES series, the only 2 race i play is imperial and breton. doesnt like other race at all.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

AWESOME

Thank you for purchasing The Elder Scrolls® Online Digital Imperial Edition. In addition to the Digital Imperial Edition, you’re now registered for The Explorer’s Pack, which includes the following digital rewards:

• The ability to play as any race in any alliance
    • The Scuttler vanity pet
    • Exclusive treasure maps
    • Early game access
    Much better than expected, really happy about it
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by deveilblad

Edit:

Paywall...F2P style, oh yeah... !

agree on this.

$15 a month suppose to get you access to all content, and now they put it into CE.

i smell super greedy here and cant tell what the future will be.

in all ES series, the only 2 race i play is imperial and breton. doesnt like other race at all.

And thats the thing, their charging a premium box price, in addition to the game being P2P, and to top it all off it looks like the game is also going to have cash shop unlocks etc, the fact that these are not features that are being added at a later date, but content/features that are being 'withheld' unless a further purchase is made, in a P2P game is not a good sign of things to come, what else are they planning on charging for, because i dont think it will just be this one thing, how many paywalls will this game have?image

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

omg, the collector's edition is a moneygrab?  that's horrible! i wish i had known!

All the times in the past that i've bought special editions of games and got useless appearance armor and cosmetic pets, i thought i was making a solid investment!  But now it turns out to be a ripoff?  Thanks guys, i'm enlightened!

i mean seriously, wtf do expect a collector's edition to have other than some special appearance stuff?  and the other half of people that is actually upset that people will be able to have "imperial style" for their extra $20?  I mean.. wow.  Look at - every other MMO launch ever - no one is wearing that CE stuff a month after a game is out.  The "special" outfit or pet you get, is the same as half the server has, so everyone stops using them.   I strongly suggest chilling out :)

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

Originally posted by arieste

omg, the collector's edition is a moneygrab?  that's horrible! i wish i had known!

All the times in the past that i've bought special editions of games and got useless appearance armor and cosmetic pets, i thought i was making a solid investment!  But now it turns out to be a ripoff?  Thanks guys, i'm enlightened!

i mean seriously, wtf do expect a collector's edition to have other than some special appearance stuff?  and the other half of people that is actually upset that people will be able to have "imperial style" for their extra $20?  I mean.. wow.  Look at - every other MMO launch ever - no one is wearing that CE stuff a month after a game is out.  The "special" outfit or pet you get, is the same as half the server has, so everyone stops using them.   I strongly suggest chilling out :)

Play as imperial is not fricking cosmetic.

if you dont pre order the game, normal or CE, you cant play as imperial and you call its cosmetic? 

also the pre order is out but the NDA still not even lifted. they block review of the game. what are they trying to hide?

pre order just starting and we have: buy box, $15 monthly , microtransactions

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Margulis

You'll feel better tomorrow when they release the official info and it's just an Imperial armor / costume piece.  Granted the picture has poor wording, but it isn't an entirely new race to play.

Just curious, how'd that work out for you? 

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

if you dont pre order the game, normal or CE, you cant play as imperial and you call its cosmetic? 

also the pre order is out but the NDA still not even lifted. they block review of the game. what are they trying to hide?

pre order just starting and we have: buy box, $15 monthly , microtransactions

Not to mention the only  way to play any race in any alliance is to pre order. 

Sounds like someone didn't actually read the official announcement before jumping down someones throat. 

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Pretty much, it's just another human race, isn't it?  Just with different-looking armor. 

Maybe i just care less because i wasn't planning on playing a human anyway.  I've seen quite a few games where you have to pay extra to pay a certain race.  Tbh, i'm just thankful it's not a truly unique race. 

One can still fully enjoy the game by playing one of the (is it 9?) races that you're free to pick from without that $20 extra.  

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

LOL

yeah, it's all a devious plot to make money... a sinister one!

Please people, if you not going to play avoid pretending otherwise

Pretty much, it's just another human race, isn't it?  Just with different-looking armor. 

Yeah, a boring looking too

And one who doesn't have a 'starting area' as Cyrodiil is under siege and in a state of permanent warfare

Maybe i just care less because i wasn't planning on playing a human anyway.  I've seen quite a few games where you have to pay extra to pay a certain race.  Tbh, i'm just thankful it's not a truly unique race. 

One can still fully enjoy the game by playing one of the (is it 9?) races that you're free to pick from without that $20 extra.  

then why Bethesa have to make Breton, Red ward, emperial, Nord?

those are just human race with....." Just with different-looking armor. "

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

No, there are racials and they made racials a pretty big deal in this game.