Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am outraged at the "Play an Imperial on either Faction" CE Bonus!!

Comments

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by sludgebeard

This is the worst CE leak ever (And will go down in history as so), I for one ca not believe that Zenimax would stoop this low. Well Ive HAD IT!

Not only did they ignore players cries for an imperial race, and for all races - available to - all factions, but now they go and throw both those into one box and chrge you 150 bucks to have it!!

That is an outright deception of consumer interests and I will be filing a greviounce with the company first thing tomorrow morning!

God is no one else as outraged!?

Did you forget the Halo CE which gave you a Master Seargent Helmet Statue? Or the Bully Console CE which gave you a Dodge Ball? Or the Oblivion CE which gave you a coin made from a cooking pot metal? How about Half-Life 2 CE which gave you a T-Shirt? I can name even more Collectors Editions that gave items 100x worse than the ability to play Imperial as any faction if you want me to.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by Entinerint

I ADORE how ZOS was like "MEEEEAH WE WANT SUBS SO WE DON"T HAVE TO PAY-GATE NOTHIN'" oh wait "HERE'S A PAYGATE FOR A WHOLE RACE MEEEEEAH"

Thank you kind Sir, you have made my day with that imagery.

How does it make your day? Having subs is a paygate to begin with. And the race isn't necessarily a race. And even if it is, it's still not a paygate. It's limited, exclusive content for the avid fans. Pretty much common practise for MMOs. I'm rather sure it's just another Cultural crafting style and not a race itself.

I imagined them with a tophat, monocle and curly moustache. Who are you to decide what makes my day?

You missed the point and got hung up on the term pay-gate.  The point was that they were touting that you wouldn't need to pay for anything else on top of the subscription when they were trying to justify launching a sub game in a F2P market.  Now it is known that you miss out on a playable race unless you pay on top of your subscription.

Its essentially a glorified micro-transaction for a new race.  I cant think of any games off the top of my head that have done that while having a subscription.  Even WoW lets people play the new races without buying expansions.  Putting it in a sparkly box with some other stuff doesn't make it any less of a micro-transaction / pay-gate for content (playable race).

Either the wording is way off, or its a race that you can play within any faction. I'm inclined to believe its the latter.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,672

This is the worst CE leak ever (And will go down in history as so), I for one ca not believe that Zenimax would stoop this low. Well Ive HAD IT!

Not only did they ignore players cries for an imperial race, and for all races - available to - all factions, but now they go and throw both those into one box and chrge you 150 bucks to have it!!

That is an outright deception of consumer interests and I will be filing a greviounce with the company first thing tomorrow morning!

God is no one else as outraged!?

Now this is the kind of post that I enjoy. Not in it's accuracy or inaccuracy, but in terms of pure outrage. The quote "will go down in history" is one for the books.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Its essentially a glorified micro-transaction for a new race.  I cant think of any games off the top of my head that have done that while having a subscription.  Even WoW lets people play the new races without buying expansions.  Putting it in a sparkly box with some other stuff doesn't make it any less of a micro-transaction / pay-gate for content (playable race).

Are you sure about that?

I believe they did it for the Pandas, and only restricted the monk class -but I thought that the Blood Elves, Worgen and Goblins were originally only playable for people who bought the expansion.

(That is when they were first introduced.)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Are you sure about that?

I believe they did it for the Pandas, and only restricted the monk class -but I thought that the Blood Elves, Worgen and Goblins were originally only playable for people who bought the expansion.

Yeah they originally gated the new races but they have since removed the restriction.  My point was that they had learnt their lesson by Pandaria, although gating off new races in a content expansion that everyone will eventually require to continue playing isn't as bad as selling one in a Collectors Edition.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003

Goblins should have been neutral race, worgan horde, draenei shouldn't be a playable race, the aliance should have high elves. Pandas should be in WoW but not as a playable race. I'd be happy playing a hosen or something equivilant. Most dungeons should require a key and some kind of randomization for random dungeons. Shouldn't have killed Illadin, shouldn't have killed Arhus. There shouldn't be any such thing as Horde Paladins. Should have done The Emerald Dream isntead of Deathwing. Shouldn't have changed alot of instances they did.

Anyways, I don't think there should be Imperials in ESO.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218

Are you sure about that?

Yeah they originally gated the new races but they have since removed the restriction. 

They are still there, no xpack = no races connected to those xpacks.

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

Originally posted by Malvious

Are you sure about that?

Yeah they originally gated the new races but they have since removed the restriction. 

Hmm made a free account (unlinked to my own) and they were all unlocked.

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333

Outrage is a bit strong.  Disappointed maybe.

I can see why some would be unhappy with the decision.  Zenimax did say they were not going to sell advantages which this may well be (in most games race is merely cosmetic, this will probably have new racials which may influence the game - though depending on racials this may be minor or large nobody knows).  This could be perceived as misleading the customers and thus raise questions over other claims made by Zenimax for the future.

I personally am more concerned with the continuing prevalence of breaking off bits of the games being produced to increase profits even further (the content will likely be on every versions disk but only unlocked for those with a CE edition - it's the equivalent of day on disc day 1 DLC).

Either way it could still be changed, the CE isn't yet available is it?  Launch too is still someway off. No need to get upset over something that isn't yet set in stone (maybe).

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Margulis

You'll feel better tomorrow when they release the official info and it's just an Imperial armor / costume piece.  Granted the picture has poor wording, but it isn't an entirely new race to play.

Then it would have said "Costume" and not Race.

Sorry but this is a quick mone grab nothing more.

Don't buy it then, it's really that simple

Originally posted by Malvious

Are you sure about that?

Yep definitely no restrictions, in fact the other expansions don't even exist anymore in the store.  Its just the base game and then Pandaria.  All 13 races and content below level 85 are unlocked in the base game.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/shop/game-purchase/?utm_campaign=Shop_Buy&utm_source=Internal-WoW&utm_medium=Games_Subscriptions&utm_content=Purchase_subscriptions_options

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

This is the worst CE leak ever (And will go down in history as so), I for one ca not believe that Zenimax would stoop this low. Well Ive HAD IT! Not only did they ignore players cries for an imperial race, and for all races - available to - all factions, but now they go and throw both those into one box and chrge you 150 bucks to have it!! That is an outright deception of consumer interests and I will be filing a greviounce with the company first thing tomorrow morning! God is no one else as outraged!?

Only in your mind... I feel the opposite, looks like a proper CE package to me.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I wanna play a Dark Elf Templar.. so er.. not bothered about this, whatever the truth turns out to be.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Gotta say those bonuses seems a bit dissapointing overall. Nobody likes imperials right ? Its like devs of some new star wars game tried to grab money by putting Jar Jar Binks statue and playable gungan race in a box.

Seriously tho, the word is it's not even a very good game, so why get mad about it.

• SabasSabas Member UncommonPosts: 217

I think I remember reading something about a premium service with nothing being pay gated.

I'm very interested to see how this story develops.

Will I still play the game, most likely yes.

• GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Who gives a fk? Even if it is a race, its not like Imperial is unique. Just another batch of humans, the most common race in all mmorpgs.
  • Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Originally posted by Margulis
    Originally posted by CazNeerg

It seems extremely clear from the graphic that it is a race, not a costume.  If it is a costume, somebody needs to get fired, because it doesn't read that way.

That said, I am outraged by your outrage.  People who pay more should get more, always.  Outrage over a collector's edition having stuff the base game doesn't is no different than outrage from free players in a hybrid game that they have to pay something to have an experience as good as a subscriber.

How?  It's a picture of armor - and it doesn't say race anywhere like people are posting.  "play as an Imperial in any alliance" with a picture of Imperial armor.

It says play as an Imperial.  In the Elder Scrolls, Imperial is the name of a race.  Which happens to be the only race not already assigned to one of the factions which is normally present in ES games, and a race people have been clamoring for the chance to play since the game was announced.  

It didn't say "Play wearing Imperial armor."  Could it theoretically mean that, if the person who made the graphic is a drooling incompetent?  Sure, but if it does, some heads need to roll, because that isn't the logical interpretation.

Ok look.  In the Elder Scrolls Imperials are natives of Cyrodiil.  As Cyrodiil is the PvP battleground in ESO it would be impossible to ally the Imperials with any one faction and makes much more sense that they would have differing views on which alliance they favoured.  That being said it is perfectly logical that individual imperials would go and fight for the Alliance of choice so available for any alliance is fine.  It is also fine that those who want to throw money away on a CE get a little more than the rest of us and the ability to play as an Imperial doesn't give any advantage over normal players.

As for the OP.  Man, get a life.  If information from a so called leak of an upcoming form of entertainments CE is the only thing to get you outraged this year then you are one lucky SoB.

• Reilly64Reilly64 Member UncommonPosts: 16

This is not an outrage - this is a kayak

• DoushiDoushi Member UncommonPosts: 96

Im outraged!! I will boycot this game! I will.. wait.. Imperials? cant bring myself to care :S

just humans, I always play tes game as dark elf :P

mmorpg.com, the 4chan of mmo forums.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Seems only the people not planning to play the game are outraged by this possible feature...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Seems only the people not planning to play the game are outraged by this possible feature...

Somehow I knew this would happen even before I read the news.... wonder why

PEOPLE, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY TESO, IT'S OK. JUST STOP OBSESSING ABOUT IT!!

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

I have bought sop many crap mmos until now that I dont care about this kind of stuff anymore. I'm buying TESO becouse I want, I dont care If they do this kind of stuff or not, I'm buying teh cheaper one and play until I stop having fun, no matter if it's a month or 1 year.

They want to sell a race in the collector's edition, it's ok, I don't care, I will choose a race to play from the available ones at the cheapest box.

It's just a videogame, there are waaaay far more important stuff to care about than that.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    I am not "outraged" by it no, but I am curious what racial perks imperials get in TESO or what goodies might come with it as well?  Game goodies from CE's and other editions have been a mess in the industry for a while now in a variety of games and I kind of resent the way they affect play in some cases.
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Correct, if the game was good it wouldn't have stopped me from playing it.  It's still a dick move considering the chosen payment model.

Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    I am not "outraged" by it no, but I am curious what racial perks imperials get in TESO or what goodies might come with it as well?  Game goodies from CE's and other editions have been a mess in the industry for a while now in a variety of games and I kind of resent the way they affect play in some cases.

Yep that's a big question mark as well, considering that there are significant racial skills in the game.