Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am outraged at the "Play an Imperial on either Faction" CE Bonus!!

sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788

This is the worst CE leak ever (And will go down in history as so), I for one ca not believe that Zenimax would stoop this low. Well Ive HAD IT!

Not only did they ignore players cries for an imperial race, and for all races - available to - all factions, but now they go and throw both those into one box and chrge you 150 bucks to have it!!

That is an outright deception of consumer interests and I will be filing a greviounce with the company first thing tomorrow morning!

God is no one else as outraged!?

Comments

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

You'll feel better tomorrow when they release the official info and it's just an Imperial armor / costume piece.  Granted the picture has poor wording, but it isn't an entirely new race to play.

• RorhcRorhc Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by sludgebeard

This is the worst CE leak ever (And will go down in history as so), I for one ca not believe that Zenimax would stoop this low. Well Ive HAD IT!

Not only did they ignore players cries for an imperial race, and for all races - available to - all factions, but now they go and throw both those into one box and chrge you 150 bucks to have it!!

That is an outright deception of consumer interests and I will be filing a greviounce with the company first thing tomorrow morning!

Nope.

This could end up being very interesting.

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

this is not skyrim.

i see smell of FF14 here. quick grab money and giving S

already moved on Everquest next. i think i'll enjoy console game in the mean time

• sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
    Originally posted by Margulis

You'll feel better tomorrow when they release the official info and it's just an Imperial armor / costume piece.  Granted the picture has poor wording, but it isn't an entirely new race to play.

Then it would have said "Costume" and not Race.

Sorry but this is a quick mone grab nothing more.

Originally posted by squalleonaha

this is not skyrim.

already moved on Everquest next. i think i'll enjoy console game in the mean time

You mean kind of like this?  Or have you somehow convinced yourself that Landmark will have this thing but EQNext won't?

https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack

Cool story - choose to stay in a tizzy then.  And it doesn't say race.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

LOL your tears are delicious!

How does this surprise ANYONE?!  I'm just shocked it's not an Alduin mini-pet.

But seriously, text is the easiest thing to seamlessly replace in photoshop.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

this is not skyrim.

You mean kind of like this?  Or have you somehow convinced yourself that Landmark will have this thing but EQNext won't?

EQN and EQN:L are actually F2P and don't restrict races based on those founders packs. 

this is not skyrim.

well there one thing i'm certain is that i dont have to pay $15 a month for EN. 

• Sunnyguy46Sunnyguy46 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Outraged...lol
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

no because first of all, i don't rage over video games. second of all, we don't know the details yet.

have fun writing your "grievance" lmao

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by colddog04

this is not skyrim.

EQN and EQN:L are actually F2P and don't restrict races based on those founders packs. 

Indeed, at least EQN is transparent about their cash-grab and they give you base access for free.

I ADORE how ZOS was like "MEEEEAH WE WANT SUBS SO WE DON"T HAVE TO PAY-GATE NOTHIN'" oh wait "HERE'S A PAYGATE FOR A WHOLE RACE MEEEEEAH"

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

It seems extremely clear from the graphic that it is a race, not a costume.  If it is a costume, somebody needs to get fired, because it doesn't read that way.

That said, I am outraged by your outrage.  People who pay more should get more, always.  Outrage over a collector's edition having stuff the base game doesn't is no different than outrage from free players in a hybrid game that they have to pay something to have an experience as good as a subscriber.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    Originally posted by Entinerint

this is not skyrim.

Indeed, at least EQN is transparent about their cash-grab and they give you base access for free.

I ADORE how ZOS was like "MEEEEAH WE WANT SUBS SO WE DON"T HAVE TO PAY-GATE NOTHIN'" oh wait "HERE'S A PAYGATE FOR A WHOLE RACE MEEEEEAH"

whatever.. its not a big deal.. even if it is a race.. If you want to play it.. buy it.

Originally posted by Neo_Liberty
    Originally posted by Entinerint

this is not skyrim.

whatever.. its not a big deal.. even if it is a race.. If you want to play it.. buy it.

yeap, and now its no different from buying advanced in F2P game. and you still have to ..buy the box, pay monthly and pay for able to access to what other people cant (content)

i would call this ...well (insert here) to avoid fan-boi outrage

It doesn't say race

this is not skyrim.

Who said ESO does minus your assumptions?

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Outraged!? for a little over a 100 bucks?

it's not like they're asking for thousands to own a house like OTHER games.

• PizzaGoblinPizzaGoblin Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Outrageous.  This game has an 80% chance of short sub anyway.  Why care what race someone plays for 2 months?

"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."

Frank Lloyd Wright

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Yeah, you're right. It's not official. But based on the graphic that was accidentally leaked it appears to be true. We'll probably see tomorrow or the next day for sure whether it's true.

Originally posted by CazNeerg

It seems extremely clear from the graphic that it is a race, not a costume.  If it is a costume, somebody needs to get fired, because it doesn't read that way.

That said, I am outraged by your outrage.  People who pay more should get more, always.  Outrage over a collector's edition having stuff the base game doesn't is no different than outrage from free players in a hybrid game that they have to pay something to have an experience as good as a subscriber.

How?  It's a picture of armor - and it doesn't say race anywhere like people are posting.  "play as an Imperial in any alliance" with a picture of Imperial armor.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Another nail in a long line of nails that is going to sink this title.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Yeah, you're right. It's not official. But based on the graphic that was accidentally leaked it appears to be true. We'll probably see tomorrow or the next day for sure whether it's true.

nah I'm sure it'll be covered under NDA by tomorrow morning.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

@OP. Can we please have source for this... claim? I want pictures, I want links, I want the official source, if possible. I mean, that should be just common courtesy, when you start a thread about something.

PS. Oh, now I get it! This is all just speculation concerning a leak, right?

We?re all dead, just say it.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by CazNeerg

How?  It's a picture of armor - and it doesn't say race anywhere like people are posting.  "play as an Imperial in any alliance" with a picture of Imperial armor.

It says play as an Imperial.  In the Elder Scrolls, Imperial is the name of a race.  Which happens to be the only race not already assigned to one of the factions which is normally present in ES games, and a race people have been clamoring for the chance to play since the game was announced.  

It didn't say "Play wearing Imperial armor."  Could it theoretically mean that, if the person who made the graphic is a drooling incompetent?  Sure, but if it does, some heads need to roll, because that isn't the logical interpretation.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.