Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Creating Content & Meeting Deadlines

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

WildStar's Stephan Frost has written a new blog post hosted at Gamasutra. In it, Frost discusses the importance of the content creation process and meeting deadlines to keep things on track. The idea to publication process is a long and detailed one. Those interested in how it all comes to fruition need to check this out.

Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPGs) are some of the most difficultgames to develop, if not the most difficult, in the Gaming Industry. They are gargantuan in scope, and they have design parameters that are unique to the industry due to the fact that they are so multiplayer-centric.

Ultimately for these games to be successful, developers need to realizethat MMORPG’s are not one game, but really multiple games that need to be equally developed. There are multiple gamer communities that revolve around one particular aspect of these games, and should be developed as such. These sections within the MMO family can be broken down into game types such as PvE, PvP, Housing, Dungeons, Raids, Tradeskills, etc. For the purpose of this article, I am going to explain how we started, maintained, tracked, and polished PvE content in the development of Wildstar.

Read more at Gamasutra.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

The PR team for Wildstar is fantastic.

Too bad the game is nowhere near meeting any deadline if it plans to release for 2014.

• MrJimLaheyMrJimLahey Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by Denambren

Too bad the game is nowhere near meeting any deadline if it plans to release for 2014.

Is this your opinion or something fact based?  If it is fact based, how about a source?

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444

Love all WS info. Makes me loath you that much more though. :/

Tough life lol.

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Originally posted by MrJimLahey

Is this your opinion or something fact based?  If it is fact based, how about a source?

Just like SWTOR with its small beta tester pool and heavy NDA enforcement up to release date, I'm sure everything is going to turn out fine.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Just like SWTOR with its small beta tester pool and heavy NDA enforcement up to release date, I'm sure everything is going to turn out fine.

The game is ready for launch, its just getting polished at the moment. The NDA for higher levels is just to avoid player burnout before it even launches.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I won't actually need to play, I can just watch on twitch. I can watch and think about how much fun it is lol. That will last about 20 seconds and then I will return to Skyrim where no one can come in and trash up my game except me.
  • SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    Originally posted by evilastro

The game is ready for launch, its just getting polished at the moment. The NDA for higher levels is just to avoid player burnout before it even launches.

and this is only your opinion, since you would be breaking nda saying otherwise , age of conan was much more ready for launch that wildstar  and that is my opinion since otherwise it would be breaking same nda, because hiding games under nda is just to avoid burnout, noone even used that term since 2007... 

• BlackadderaBlackaddera Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Smikis
    Originally posted by evilastro

and this is only your opinion, since you would be breaking nda saying otherwise , age of conan was much more ready for launch that wildstar  and that is my opinion since otherwise it would be breaking same nda, because hiding games under nda is just to avoid burnout, noone even used that term since 2007... 

If you paid any attention There's only NDA on higher levels". Which is good because when ppl not in beta know what happens at higher lvls it takes away the fun of discovery 

the steel shines red with enemy blood. It sings of victory, granted by the gods. And as they return bleeding but proud, the horizon burns and the song is ringing LOUD!