Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: "Imperial Edition" Leaked by Amazon.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Amazon.com inadvertently leaked the "Imperial Edition" of Elder Scrolls Online. Since taken down, savvy GameTrailers.com users caught screenshots of it that we are bringing you today (thanks to ElRenmazuo for noticing and posting about it here!).

We have no further information about prices, digital or standard editions but it is presumed that the Imperial Edition is the Collector's Edition of ESO.

How much do you think it will cost? Discuss!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Can't wait to get the statue for my desk collection...looks rad.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

$125-150 US

Any higher, they won't sell as much.  That price is pretty standard nowadays for collector's editions that include statues and books.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Oh wow. So you have to pay a premium for one of the most popular races in ES? That really is sickening. 
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by phantomghost
    I think the staff should remove their own post... there's already two posts long before you could post yours.

Its better if the staff posts it in the news section so more people will notice it this way.  Im glad to help out.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    I'm waiting to hear official word as to whether it's a full on Imperial race or just costume / cosmetic gear to make you look like one.  If it's a full on race, it's a decision that is going to bring a TON of negative feedback and hate, as if the game didn't have enough already.  I'll be buying the CE edition either way, but this could be a potentially horrible move in my opinion just based on the bad PR they will get.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    "play as an imperial in any alliance"  wtf?
    Originally posted by Margulis
    I'm waiting to hear official word as to whether it's a full on Imperial race or just costume / cosmetic gear to make you look like one.  If it's a full on race, it's a decision that is going to bring a TON of negative feedback and hate, as if the game didn't have enough already.  I'll be buying the CE edition either way, but this could be a potentially horrible move in my opinion just based on the bad PR they will get.

why would adding a race bring negative feedback?  it's a race that is in other ES games.

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147

It is simply an option to play another race having zero effect on those that wish to not buy the IMPERIAL EDITION.

I kind of feel like that this "leak" was intended in the first place by Zenimax as a little publicity stunt and to see what the reaction would be like and change it depending on the reaction before officially announcing it.
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    I kind of feel like that this "leak" was intended in the first place by Zenimax as a little publicity stunt and to see what the reaction would be like and change it before officially announcing it.

This. I think they LIKE this publicity.

If it wasn't condoned by Zenimax, there would have been incessant takedown requests. That is obviously not the case so...

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

Want.

Depending on how high quality the statue is  I wouldn't be surprised if they are asking between 150 and 175 USD for it.

Originally posted by Skeeter50

It is simply an option to play another race having zero effect on those that wish to not buy the IMPERIAL EDITION.

How about those who have always played imperial yet dont want the book/map/statue or just dont want to fork out for a CE? ie. The majority of people, and Zenimax knows it, ergo; Pay more to play what you want. It has massive impact on people and is beyond greedy.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Nice PR move

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Originally posted by karmath

How about those who have always played imperial yet dont want the book/map/statue or just dont want to fork out for a CE? ie. The majority of people, and Zenimax knows it, ergo; Pay more to play what you want. It has massive impact on people and is beyond greedy.

you're assuming that other copies of the game won't include the imperial race.  for all we know every pre-order will. 

the fact that it's called "imperial edition" makes me wonder if other editions will include other races and/or the ability to play in which ever alliance we choose with any race. 

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    I'd pay more to not have a box, a book, a map and a statue to take up valuable space in my trash can.

• SoulTrapOnSelfSoulTrapOnSelf Member Posts: 190
    Need and want it.
  • Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Honestly? The game is ho hum at best.  To pay this much for the CE is in my opinion (unless you really, REALLY love Elder Scrolls) a waste of money.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    Originally posted by phantomghost
    I think the staff should remove their own post... there's already two posts long before you could post yours.

Its better if the staff posts it in the news section so more people will notice it this way.  Im glad to help out.

And thank YOU for that. You can always mail [email protected] whenever you catch something we haven't news'd in the Newsroom yet.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Originally posted by muffins89
    Originally posted by karmath

you're assuming that other copies of the game won't include the imperial race.  for all we know every pre-order will. 

the fact that it's called "imperial edition" makes me wonder if other editions will include other races and/or the ability to play in which ever alliance we choose with any race. 

As far as we knew before, Imperials were not a playable race. So I'm pretty soild in my assumption of the standard editions of the game not including the Imperial race.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

WANT!

Hope the price isn't insane....

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    Thats a really nice looking collectors edition. Man, its gonna cost quite a bit and something tells me in the $200 price range. That book alone based on the stock its printed on is a costly item.

Anyone noticed that it only has PS4 at the bottom?  What if each platform got a different edition.
  • ViadricViadric Member Posts: 151
    I see no point in buying the game at all. It will be a 6 month cash grab and go free to play quickly.  So I will just wait for that. 
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by muffins89

why would adding a race bring negative feedback?  it's a race that is in other ES games.

Because based on the mass assumption (which I don't think is accurate) the only way to access it is by buying the CE edition.  Don't take my word for it though, go onto any of the many sites with ESO threads about this and bask in the outrage.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I don't buy CESS anything, but if this one is in the $125 to $150 range it's worth it.