Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: 100 MILLION Secrets Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard has created an absolutely amazing new infographic to show off the impact of the past decade in World of Warcraft. Love it or hate it, there's no denying WoW's impact. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so take a look and let us know what you think in the comments. (click the image below for the full infographic and stats)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Dang it!  You beat me to it!

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121
    WoW that is pretty amazing! (pun intended). On and off player since the first year.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

I miss Stitches and Mor'ladim

edit:

You know..... the way they use to be

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• PlageronPlageron Member Posts: 109

and just think at 100 million players....with just 10 dollars a month that would be 1 billion per month they make.

Yet why do their earnings show they make a lot less?

they don't seam to ever make even 1 million dollars.

strange.....its almost like they actually don't have that many players. 

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Not surprised, looks to be right in line of what I would had thought.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Plageron

and just think at 100 million players....with just 10 dollars a month that would be 1 billion per month they make.

You obv. didn't read the article... go back and reread.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Betaguy

I did read the entire thing....they still don't make 1 billion dollars every month....they don't even come close.

Which seams to me that the numbers they are showing are wrong and are greatly inflated.

According to the article alone they have 316 million US players, so we know they pay 19.99 a month....that would be an easy 600 million right there, yet even their quarterly earnings and costs don't reflect this.

Its interesting.....they are trying to say they have lots of players....but the numbers just don't add up.

But I guess if they did add up....the IRS would be wanting to know why they are not getting all their taxes they are owed.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I did read the entire thing....they still don't make 1 billion dollars every month....they don't even come close.

Which seams to me that the numbers they are showing are wrong and are greatly inflated.

According to the article alone they have 316 million US players, so we know they pay 19.99 a month....that would be an easy 600 million right there, yet even their quarterly earnings and costs don't reflect this.

Its interesting.....they are trying to say they have lots of players....but the numbers just don't add up.

But I guess if they did add up....the IRS would be wanting to know why they are not getting all their taxes they are owed.

you seem kinda lost

WOW has 500 million characters (read characters not players) compared to the total US population of 316 million

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217

Read it again. You're missing something very crucial.

Originally posted by lizardbones

lol

that was a great scene from that show.

though not sure why hiro wanted him to fly, when hiro could have just teleported everyone.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

they don't even make a million apparently image

ah, reading comprehension, that age old potato. it's just so last season image

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Adokas

Read it again. You're missing something very crucial.

i think the bit thats missing might indeed be the problem image

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    If wow did not make atleast 1 million it would have closed long ago.
  • WhySoSeriousWhySoSerious Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Originally posted by laserit

edit:

There are ways to experience good ol' Stitches and Mor'Ladim again. I won't be specific, cuz the mods don't like us to talk about "those things".  image

I enjoyed kiting Stitches into Goldshire and watching him destroy every noob in sight. image

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

lol

that was a great scene from that show.

though not sure why hiro wanted him to fly, when hiro could have just teleported everyone.

You may want to rewatch that episode, after rereading the article. 

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I'd love to see the stats taken even further.

Like, total # of honorable (and dishonorable) kills since they began tracking.

Total number of dungeon bosses beaten, raid bosses, etc.

Total number of gathering nodes harvested (mining nodes, herbs, etc.)

That kind of thing.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

3.6 million pet battles per day.... and people said no one would play that beyond a few games.

• maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Originally posted by SBFord

Blizzard has created an absolutely amazing new infographic to show off the impact of the past decade in World of Warcraft. Love it or hate it, there's no denying WoW's impact. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so take a look and let us know what you think in the comments. (click the image below for the full infographic and stats)

lala 60% of them are multiple accounts or botters.. and well ye

I don't know how you managed to do it, but there isn't one correct thing in this post.  The information gleaned from the infographic is wrong, your general knowledge of WoW's player base is wrong and your math using your own numbers is wrong. 

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Holy confused post batman. Everything you wrote is completely wrong.

How you are turing 316 million toons created into 316 million players/subscribers, and then morphing that into fudged numbers and tax evasion, is on a whole other level of WoW/Blizzard hate that I have yet to encounter lol

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by laserit

edit:

And Hogger.  The Undead and Dwarf/Gnome starting areas.  And so on and so forth...............

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• NecroneusNecroneus Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Hahahaha, people who hates wow are noobs because they cannot accept that is the best MMORPG and the more polished.
  • Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

That's over 10 years. That's ALL time stats, not monthly. -_-

Blizzard doesn't even count <level 10 players in their active account statistics nor trials. If they did the numbers would skyrocket further.

WoW is the Grand Central Station of MMOs. Even if you don't play through an entire expansion, you'd have an account there to come back too when the pickings aren't good (especially after a new MMO is released and in 30 days it doesn't have enough content to keep a player busy).

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by doodphace

-snip-

lol...

1. There's only 313.9 million (2012) people living in USA, so there can't be 316 million US players.

2. The picture said 100 million unique accounts, not 100 million people.

3. people do not pay 19.99 to play WoW, they pay 15$.

4. Your math is funny... 316 x 20 is not 600