Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: PS4-Specific Q&A Reveals PlayStation Plus NOT Required

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Elder Scrolls Online Game Director Matt Firor took to the EU PlayStation blog to answer some PlayStation 4 specific questions about the game. The most astonishing revelation is the fact that PlayStation Plus will NOT be required for users to take part in the game.

@NathanaelMoner Will playing online with The Elder Scrolls Online have a separate subscription compared to PlayStation Plus?

A PlayStation Plus membership is not required to play The Elder Scrolls Online. PS4 players will only be required to pay the same monthly subscription associated with The Elder Scrolls Online that PC and Mac users will pay — nothing more.

@TsoriGaming Will PS4 servers be split between EU and NA, or will we be on one megaserver?

They will be split. PS4 users will play The Elder Scrolls Online on either the European PS4 megaserver or the North American PS4 megaserver. We’ll share more details about how this will work closer to launch.

Read the full Elder Scrolls Online blog post on the PlayStation EU site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Veeeeery interesting !

Is this a sign of things to come ? If Xbox doesn't follow the same rule, it will start giving Playstation a solid advantage, seeing as there are quite a few upcoming "MMO's" targeting console players. Not all of them are subscription of course, but lowering the barrier of entry (specially for console owners) is almost a requirement...

• MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Everyone is getting ps+ anyway for their other multiplayer titles. So nothing to gain here

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by Dewguy79
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Veeeeery interesting !

Is this a sign of things to come ? If Xbox doesn't follow the same rule, it will start giving Playstation a solid advantage, seeing as there are quite a few upcoming "MMO's" targeting console players. Not all of them are subscription of course, but lowering the barrier of entry (specially for console owners) is almost a requirement...

This will have ZERO impact on the xbox.  Those who pay for xbox live pay for the far superior user interface.  The small amount we pay a year for is well worth it.  As the fact xbox one outsold ps4 in the US last month.  Sony/soe are in trouble right now, with credit downgraded closing games they are in trouble.  While Microsoft beat expectations thanks to xbox one and tablet sales.  

World wide sales are what matters and as it stands its ps4 4.2 million to xboxones 3 million. 

Don't you love it when some Americans pretend like those are the only sales that matter? I am an American and it's embarrassing sometimes! There is a whole place called "the rest of the world" out there. U.S. sales are not the only ones that matter.

Has PS4 even launched in Japan yet?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Yep most PS4 fans usually try to laugh off real facts.  But that won't change the real facts.  

Offtopic

some facts for you

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2014/01/23/why-ps4-is-selling-faster-than-xbox-one/

• Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Last night before bed....I prayed to Jesus...I said..."Jesus, please grant me the privledge of playing ESO without needing PS+, I don't want to pay a sub so I can play a game that requires a sub." Jesus answered me, in a bellowing voice from the heavens he said...."Son, get a job and stfu.. you think you got problems? Go turn on the world news...#Firstworldproblems"....I have since converted to scientology, Jesus just isn't sympathetic to MY NEEDS.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Mikeyfree
    Originally posted by Mikeyfree

Veeeeery interesting !

This will have ZERO impact on the xbox.  Those who pay for xbox live pay for the far superior user interface.  The small amount we pay a year for is well worth it.  As the fact xbox one outsold ps4 in the US last month.  Sony/soe are in trouble right now, with credit downgraded closing games they are in trouble.  While Microsoft beat expectations thanks to xbox one and tablet sales.  

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Seems more like PS4 is getting the blitz attack in this thread... who really cares though? Seriously play what you want. Competition is good. Why do people get so obsessed over which console, company, MMO etc is "winning". As long as yours is still providing you entertainment that's all that matters.

If last gen is any indication, both Sony and Microsoft are going to do great and provide some healthy competition which is awesome for we the consumers!

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    I almost feel bad for all the people that are going to get burned by this horrible game.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Yeah I think you missing my point here.  I never said ps4 is not outselling xbox worldwide.  But the first post here was about doom and gloom by a ps4 fan about the xbox.

personally speaking - i think its too early to buy either console until more games are available

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Nadia

Yeah I think you missing my point here.  I never said ps4 is not outselling xbox worldwide.  But the first post here was about doom and gloom by a ps4 fan about the xbox.

personally speaking - i think its too early to buy either console until more games are available

This is my POV as well but I think all this SOny V MS BS is also way off topic.

Both MS and Sony have seen what is happening in the Indie Market and the F2P market on the PC over the last few years and are now bending over backwards to accomodate those markets to grab a piece of that pie by changing their draconian closed garden policies that inhibited both those markets from flourishing on their systems this includes pricing policies and having to use xbox gold/PS+ controlled servers for their games.MS is palying catch up to Sony in this regard but is trying hard.

As a side result of these policy changes it is no possible for MMOs to enter that market too,which is why other than a couple of Anomalies that got special deals during the launch windows of the last generation no MMO has made it to consoles until SOny started relaxing these policies a year or so ago.

I would be very suprised to see that TESO requires xbox gold and it would be a mistake on MS's part IMO.

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805

Veeeeery interesting !

You do understand that this isn't a advantage for PS4, right?  It's actually the exact opposite.  Nobody is buying the PS4 to play TESO.  The fact that console players, who are probably already paying for PS+ are also going to have to pay for  TESO subscription is going to hurt the game.  Lmfao.

I like to complain about games.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    whocares- why even play an mmorpg on a console- it sucks.
  • Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    Originally posted by Montaronx
    Everyone is getting ps+ anyway for their other multiplayer titles. So nothing to gain here

Truth, I don't mind paying a sub fee because that usually equals faster and more plentiful content but they are trying to spin this into some sort of bonus.  Obviously if you have a PS4 prior to ESO and you like online gameplay, you already have a PS+ account most likely for a year.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    The way they avoid using those networks, and my belief is they build in there own connection client which connects directly to there series vpn style. Real simple actually.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

This is very good news for both PS4 players and ESO. I think Microsoft is in trouble if they don't have the same deal with XB1.

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

If you have a PS3, PS4 or vita and no PS+ you are an idiot, you get tons of free games, hundreds of dollars worth for a $30 annual fee(on sale many times that price).

EQ Next is confirmed for PS4 and free, so I will not be playing elder scrolls online on any platform sorry.

I am in the ESO beta and it is decent, but in no way worth a monthly fee compared to something liek EQ next coming to us free.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• SirAoSSirAoS Member Posts: 203
    Xbox has a far superior UI? Yeah im going to pay 500 dollars so i can watch my tv through my xbox on a TV? LMBO. The only thing that Xbox is lacking is the ability to pump out the same high end graphics that Playstation does. Please XboX users, stop trying to compare because there is no comparison. XboX is sold to those who value abunch of stupid features over actual game play. I think when im done playing my playstation, I'll grab my remote and switch over to HDMI 1 and watch Tv that way like a normal person and spend less on a better console so i inconvience myself with that remote switch.