Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst MMO you ever played?

Comments

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by SirPKsAlot

What was the most shamelessly bug filled or just incredibly boring MMO you ever played? Something you uninstalled in less than 2 hours?

For me it was MapleStory. I made a char, walked left, walked right, killed some green blob thing and said to myself "So this is what Super Nintendo MMO would've felt like"

So many folks here are from the post WoW era, but I'll pipe in with an mmorpg no one has heard of:  Alganon.  I liked the man who tried to save it, Derek Smart (actually a very down to earth developer)...but the game he was given to save was just poorly thought out.  2009 release, by the way.

Warhammer for second place.  As a Dark Age of Camelot fan boy, let me reinforce the failure of this "game." 

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Cannot decide between SWTOR, APB and Champions Online. All were poop.
  • Bane101Bane101 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Some of the mobile MMOs available such as Yslandia and Graal online really don't belong in this age.  They look and play like games out of the 80s. Only plus points are that you can interact with other players.

Raymondo

• GaendricGaendric Member UncommonPosts: 624

MMORPG.com, because the enemy AI is sometimes really really bad.

• Bane101Bane101 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Originally posted by Comaf

What was the most shamelessly bug filled or just incredibly boring MMO you ever played? Something you uninstalled in less than 2 hours?

For me it was MapleStory. I made a char, walked left, walked right, killed some green blob thing and said to myself "So this is what Super Nintendo MMO would've felt like"

So many folks here are from the post WoW era, but I'll pipe in with an mmorpg no one has heard of:  Alganon.  I liked the man who tried to save it, Derek Smart (actually a very down to earth developer)...but the game he was given to save was just poorly thought out.  2009 release, by the way.

Warhammer for second place.  As a Dark Age of Camelot fan boy, let me reinforce the failure of this "game." 

Check back the last 2 or 3 pages and you'll see Alganon mentioned. Never played it myself though.

Raymondo

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by Bane101
    Originally posted by Comaf

Oh hellllllll no. Warhammer was the tits.

Check back the last 2 or 3 pages and you'll see Alganon mentioned. Never played it myself though.

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    Originally posted by Gaendric

MMORPG.com, because the enemy AI is sometimes really really bad.

hahaha that made me laugh <3

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• HystericHysteric Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Dark & Light and Horizons, both horrid
  • GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Rift.  I really wanted to like it since I had a few friends playing it but I just couldn't get past the stupid questing system and most of all the character models were horribly wooden.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by Ghabbo
    Originally posted by DMKano

Reading this thread -

every MMO ever made is the worst MMO to someone

This ^

And for those that consider WoW to be the worst MMO, either you played very few MMOs or you jumped on the Blizzard hate train just to be the cool guy. It's the same to say that EVE is the worst MMO. You may not like the sandbox elements, the FFA PVP, the sci-fi setting... but worst MMO? really? image

Yeah, many of the replies on this thread are disingenuous. But hey, it's their opinion, no matter how ill-formed, so you have to roll with it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    For me it has to be The Secret World, SWTOR and guild Wars 2....just not a fan of the big themepark linear games...but used to get sucked in to the hype all the time...never again lol.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Alganon.

'Nuff said.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

Hard question there have been so many great failures through the years.

here is a list of things that ruin great games or are just games that suck.

1# WOW = the game I like and I liked it alot but the players are acting like there all between 8-12, noob here, noob there, why aren't you useing this?, votekick from groups because you don't know a boss and so on, it was like starting playing counter strike all over again.

2# Warhammer online = This game I loved, really really loved the pvp was awesome, but the release of this game at the state it was sucked so hard. To release a half done product sucks so hard.

3# Final fantasy 14 or whatever number it has, = Its like wow, little things that are diffrent but there is nothing new about this game, nothing at all.

4# Champions of regnum = Just an awful game, everything about it sucked.

5# Mortal online = I really, really hate the graphics I know that shouldn't be an issue but I hate bad graphics.

6# Scarlet blade = good marketing for a 13 years old kid and enough said. 

7# Every game that starts with the title "Dragon", all wow clones (Rift, SWOTR and the list goes on with a 1000 titles more.

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201

1. vanguard - was so buggy when it came out, lots of things would not load, could not move more then 5 steps without a freeze, was the worst when it was released. Took them years to correct bugs to make it playable(smooth playing).

2. Warhammer Online- buggy, insane time finishing any quest line in that game. both PvE and PvP were so unbalanced with one class ruling.

3. Eve-online, Beta tested it and it was buggy buggy buggy, I voted not to release because of this but they released. (my vote carries no weight lol) Was invited back a year after release and saw how far they came, it is the only game i played that actually fixed bugs and got me to play it again. Been playing it off and on since.

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

Mortal Online.  It was a cross between that or Xsyon, but Xsyon at least had decent customer service; when it became obvious they would fail to deliver their promise, they refunded your account if you were unhappy.  MO just took your money and ran.

A dishonorable mention goes to WWII Online back in... I think it was 2000?  Nothing they promised came to light and the game was so far off the mark, it was insulting.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I deleted  big name titles in less than a couple hours GW2 and STO and Age of Wushu.Other games i deleted within the first day...Defiance,Planetside2,Pirate 101,DAOC,Warhammer.I am sure there are a few others,i just can't think of the titles rigfht now.

Needless to say that is a lot of hyped up big name titles that couldn't keep my attention for more than one day.

I could count on two hands the games that actually enticed me to play for long periods and that includes some f2p long before f2p was actually a popular gimmick.

I look for a game that has a purpose and gives me a desire to login time after time.I don't like games that simply copy cat the worst ideas from other games,example anything hand holding turns me off.Any kind of paint by numbers or following yellow markers around turns me off.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by Hokie

Horizons: Empire of Istaria - It was just awful bad at release. Then I actually went and bought a sub about five or six months later because, hey everything deserves a second chance. It was still fucking awful.

Dang! Really?

I'm not hating on your opinion or anything cus everyone has them, but just wondering what you hated about Horizons?

When it first came out I thought it was pretty well done, it had decent graphics (For the time).   Had a back story about rallying everyone together to fight the undead hordes (Before it was overdone).  You could play as a dragon (.....its a dragon...).   And there was a unique leveling/ progression system for dragons as opposed to being a usual race.  It also had some decent animations for the time, (I just remember when my dragon stood up on its hind legs and blew fire back and forth I was like "Dang...that looks pretty sick).

I never came back to it once I quit, I heard they ended up with like...humanoid dragons or something...not to sure...kinda weird...but ya :p, just looking to see what you thought was so bad about it.

• luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 96

Sorry, I ended up posting a question to another poster without answering the OP :P

I would have to say Mortal Online IMO.  I was hyped as hell for that game, was in a guild WAY before launch just to play it.  We all played for like...a day, maybe 2, then we all pretty much quit out of boredom except about 3 people in the guild lol :P

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Anarchy Online at launch... most broken MMO I've ever had the misfortune of playing.

Guild Wars 2... I wouldn't say it was boring really, but it was uninspiring, mindless and a complete disappointment compared to the original.

There have been a lot of MMOs over the years that have been broken or failed to live up to expectation, but those two are by far the biggest culprits IMO.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

This thread... deja vu

Mortal Online

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827

This is actually hard for me it's a toss up between many of the crap titles I've been swindled on.

Matrix online, Tabula Rusa, AC2(pay for this x-pac, we're shutting down next week.  GDIAF) or SWTOR.  I've played a lot of bad mmo's but those are the ones that I actually considered Molotov cocktails as a consumer response for more than  a second or two:D

I guess if I HAD to limit it to two: Matrix and SWTOR As these are the only two times I've actually felt soiled merely beta testing.  Most other games I 've disliked over the years have, at least managed to have been good enough in one aspect or another to justify me dropping $ on.  Even if it was just out of sympathy or charity.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I try not to play games I suspect to be horrible.  I think some people just install a game to uninstall it 5 minutes later and then piss and moan on the forums.

The worst I have ever played is Allods. 

I should have known better than to play that game.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• Lord_TuvitorLord_Tuvitor Member Posts: 1

Scarlet Blade was easily the worst game I ever played.  It's the only MMO that's ever made me feel ICKY playing it.  Quickest uninstall ever.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Let's see:

1. Vanguard - worst crap ever.

2. EQ 1 - second worst crap ever.

3. Lineage - damn, don't get me started on this one. It's a horrible horrible game.

4. D & D online. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

There was a point in my life when I would go down the game list here and install any game that seemed interesting to me (and some not so interesting). I can not even begin to count the amount of games I've played for a minute and deleted. Heck some didn't even get played. 

Those of you that are bashing any AAA game as the worst have not done mmo roulette lol

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.