Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i tried this and..

deinstalled it within 5 min.

this is what you can say.. garbage.. 

I do believe they have very indept crafting and spells system.. but i mean common.. grapfhics are way far behind..

if you play pong.. you have better grapfhics then this one..

Walking underwater i mean common?

Also client crashes/ login screen not visual

Good luck

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Snoepie

I do believe they have very indept crafting and spells system.. but i mean common.. grapfhics are way far behind..

Good luck

you do realise how old this game is of course it does not have  2012 graphics..

• VendettaDFAVendettaDFA Member Posts: 72
    If I wasn't checking recent posts I never would have known about this game at all. Thanks- if it works as advertised I'll take it for a spin. Gameplay>eyecandy anyday.
  • Maca0716Maca0716 Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by Snoepie

Good luck

You do realise the game is fast approaching being 10 years old?

Fail.

• MundusMundus Member UncommonPosts: 237
    This is by far one of the best games I have ever played. I stopped playing a couple of years ago due to financial reasons. Tried getting back into it recently but I must admit that it is very hard for me to look past the dated graphics. Other games certainly have aged better.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

You also have to take in to account that the game have tanked.. is it 3 or 4 times...? It have been raised from the dead more times then Jean Grey.

Also i has the most insane F2P restrictions i have ever seen... Ever.

Simply this game is like one of those broken old rock stars, it would take a lot of money and some serious skills to make them look good again, heck UO's UI looks smart and simple to understand compared to this game. UI wise it is a utter let-down and the animations really look old, not only are they old... they have not aged very well at all.

My last judgement. Their marketing guy/gal is a joke.

I recently got a nice mail telling me all the nice stuff they have done to the game and wanted me to come back, they even told me how free and easy it was to get started. So i d/l the game.. install it and lo and behold ALL my old characters were behind a paywall... They simply forgot to tell me that if i played anything but a human i'd could kiss any free play goodbye.

In short, guess what game i will NOT be trying out again.

This have been a good conversation

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446

There is nothing flashing about the UI, but it's actually not bad.  It's easy to mod without even needing a mod.  You can move everything around and put it where you want and enjoy.

Graphics aren't great but they are better than pong, and the game is over 10 years old.

As for the game play, it's quite fun actually.  If it's just you by yourself it could be a bit rough at times but since you are able to mix and match classes together and go a certain way, it makes it entertaining.

Plus it's got what is probably to this day, the most in depth crafting you could ask for.  I'm playing around with it a bit again (because I'd rather pay $10 and have fun for a month than waste me time on shit like NeverWinter).

• SerebrenSerebren Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Other games have better crafting - notably Wurm online, in which you can build your house anywhere, modify the terrain, plant farms and trees, breed horses, cows, bison....

That said, Istaria is probably the best old school crafting. Not good enough to make me want to play it just for that. It has a decent story line that scales through to the end game well, too. Still, it seems to me that it falls short. I especially don't like the unpopulated towns (Tazoon looks EMPTY). And it is inordinately tough on graphics due to the way it's programmed.

Oh, well.