Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shocked

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I am actually quite a. Casuall player, and i have only one goal while playing and tha is to have fun.. And actually while playing horde side it felt good to be back with generally very nice people..

but i decided to also start an Alliance dwarven Shaman. And this is where i got sad, same server different side and all i had where mostly bad experiences while grouping...  From  Tanks blaiming their own inaptitude on the healers....  To. Tanks treating healers and dps as her personal slaves... To people just going afk in the middle of a pug run without getting notice... To people calling eachother names and wishing others some terrible diseases in general chat ..  Or people pretending to be guildies and when trusted selling out the guildvault...  

How can it be that on a single server(group ) there is so much difference between horde and alliance?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Underdogs stick together.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Blame others? When I went back the mobs went down like a card house in a strong wind. What were they doing yelling at the tank because he couldn't finish the dungeon in 15 seconds? Yell at the healer because he slowed them down casting a heal? :P My time back was a lot different then yours. 
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Horde has always been the better faction.  Alliance always seemed to be younger and more immature.
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    Horde has always been the better faction.  Alliance always seemed to be younger and more immature.

*Yawn*

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• DomotoDomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82

Originally posted by Grunty

Horde hasn't really been the underdog for a while now

This is a very dated notion. The early days of WoW, yes by all means, but there are plenty of young ,immature Horde players...plenty, in reality the main core of the community is pretty immature ;)

to OP:

It really depends on the Server, it seems like now it basically comes down to one side is significantly better than the other on servers, just depends on which faction is the one for that.

And before anyone says anything, I play Horde ( I've played both actually, but mainly Horde)

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Domoto

This is a very dated notion. The early days of WoW, yes by all means, but there are plenty of young ,immature Horde players...plenty, in reality the main core of the community is pretty immature ;)

to OP:

It really depends on the Server, it seems like now it basically comes down to one side is significantly better than the other on servers, just depends on which faction is the one for that.

And before anyone says anything, I play Horde ( I've played both actually, but mainly Horde)

Nah, the Alliance has always been more immature and it still is to this day.  That isn't to say that the Horde isn't immature at times, but once you get past the bad jokes, they tend to be more helpful and community oriented.  The Alliance is just a popular zerg faction, which is why they can only win at zerg battlegrounds and zerg content.

I am currently playing Alliance (to be with friends who raid on that faction) but I would much rather be on the Horde side for the community. Doing any battlegrounds other than AV and IoC as Alliance is a nightmare since they have no idea how to work as a team or help one another.

• DomotoDomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82

Nah, the Alliance has always been more immature and it still is to this day.  That isn't to say that the Horde isn't immature at times, but once you get past the bad jokes, they tend to be more helpful and community oriented.  The Alliance is just a popular zerg faction, which is why they can only win at zerg battlegrounds and zerg content.

I am currently playing Alliance (to be with friends who raid on that faction) but I would much rather be on the Horde side for the community. Doing any battlegrounds other than AV and IoC as Alliance is a nightmare since they have no idea how to work as a team or help one another.

And yet I have played on plenty of different servers Horde side where I could replace Alliance with Horde in what you said and it would apply, just as saw plenty of examples of Alliance players being community oriented and helpful (and not just guild wise). It's server/community based, nothing more. 

Whenever anyone tries to state the Horde being much better, I like to think back to when I attended Blizzcon 10' and it was Horde players screaming "FOR THE HORDE!" very often and barely any Alliance players in sight. When someone would mention they play Alliance, they would be insulted by Horde players around them (not all mind you, but a very sad amount)

The underdog, tight knit hasn't really been the Horde since TBC with the additon of the BE, the horde population skyrocketed (not to say that was the only reason, but that's another discussion entirely)

In the end, hopefully people can land a server/side where their experience is good, as a sour experience due to awful community is never fun

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by Domoto

to OP:

Nah, the Alliance has always been more immature and it still is to this day. 

That's funny because the Horde guilds that switched to Ally on my realm did so to get away from the kiddies there. They were tired of it and moved to the more adult side.

When a faction is popular it attracts all the gnats and blowflys, and from seeing the PvP side on Horde and their antics, it really fits.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    There's good people on both sides! I prefer Horse purely for the races and lore. I personally side with them more :p I do wish night elves and Worgen could come to our team though...sigh... Alliance could take blood elves as a trade!

• PropheseusPropheseus Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I do not think there is a certain kind of faction culture or code to go by. Sure at first the Horde attracted other kinds of people then Alliance did. But over the years people tended to do faction switches from one side to the other. If you came across alot of childish behavior my bet is you where just unlucky. The same thing counts for hunting a certain type of drop in a dungeon. It could drop ten times in a row with a low % droprate or it can be unseen for 10 runs with a high droprate.

• MMOVet82MMOVet82 Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    There's good people on both sides! I prefer Horse purely for the races and lore. I personally side with them more :p I do wish night elves and Worgen could come to our team though...sigh... Alliance could take blood elves as a trade!

As a horde player, I would happily trade Blood Elves for Worgen. 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Well, i am back and happy again,  returned to Argent dawn (eu) horde side and it solved much of the problem for me

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I am actually quite a. Casuall player, and i have only one goal while playing and tha is to have fun.. And actually while playing horde side it felt good to be back with generally very nice people..

but i decided to also start an Alliance dwarven Shaman. And this is where i got sad, same server different side and all i had where mostly bad experiences while grouping...  From  Tanks blaiming their own inaptitude on the healers....  To. Tanks treating healers and dps as her personal slaves... To people just going afk in the middle of a pug run without getting notice... To people calling eachother names and wishing others some terrible diseases in general chat ..  Or people pretending to be guildies and when trusted selling out the guildvault...  

How can it be that on a single server(group ) there is so much difference between horde and alliance?

There's actually no difference between the sides.

Why?

Blizzard removed the reason to even have faction loyalty/pride, by letting players play both Alliance and Horde. In vanilla and TBC you were either Alliance or Horde on an account. Now the very people you're complaining about as "Ally" are in fact Horde, too.

From that Cata review said it best, "Blizzard greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other have are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Comments about Ally vs Horde behaviors is yet another pitting stance that in reality doesn't exist -- Horde has Alliance toons and vice versa.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Horde has always had more mature players. And I have ALWAYS played Alliance. Only reason I kept playing Alliance was because I didn't feel like rerolling all those level 60-80s :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Originally posted by fivoroth
    Horde has always had more mature players. And I have ALWAYS played Alliance.

How would you know if you "ALWAYS" played Alliance?

-_-

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Come on people...

In a game with millions, do you really think these sweeping generalizations apply? I don't. I've been playing WoW on and off since Vanilla and in every case, on every server, in either faction, it's all the same.

You just see to have been more fortunate with the Horde. But it's luck of the draw because I've seen some serious Douche Bags on both sides. I've also found a nice guild right now that tries to attract people of my age group. Us older/middle aged gamers. I have no doubt there are similar guilds on the other side.

@ OP. When you created this new Shaman, did you accept one of those botted guild invites where they sit there and spam out invited to non guilded players. That's a big part of the problem there.  I've joined those guilds for the XP bonuses but never had a good experience with an "automated" guild. Nobody talks to anybody. Also, on your horde side, you were probably running a lot of guild runs since you were established then. But now starting over, you probably used LFG more than before. These are all contributing factors that would make one side seem different.

They aren't.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I really can't see how that would be determined. There are hundreds of thousands of people playing and there is no pre-requirement or game rules for people choosing what side to pick. The game is a hodgepodge of real world players. /shrug When you play  horde the alliance sucks, and if you play alliance horde sucks. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Generally speaking, the WoW community is just exactly that. 

Pretty sure you get that on any server and on any side.

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    I just started up fresh on kel'thuzzad alliance and they are definitely the under pop side. People have been nice in general but I haven't really even talked to anyone as people just join the instance and run through without saying a peep.

Worst community I have encountered recently was ffxiv:are.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by jazz.be

Generally speaking, the WoW community is just exactly that. 

Pretty sure you get that on any server and on any side.

Agreed!  No matter what mmo you play, humans are there with you!  

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Who thinks Horde is more mature than Alliance, please play on Twisting Nether realm in Eu... This is not about Horde or Alliance. Some realms got better and more mature Alliance popualtion and some got better and more mature Horde population. This is all about realms and their communities.