Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Enhance Your Dimension as a Dream Weaver

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds has updated the Rift site with details about the forthcoming new profession, the Dream Weaver. The DW is definitely all about Dimensions, Rift's version of player housing. Dream Weavers can craft special items, effects, lighting, and much more to enhance player Dimensions. DWs will hit live service in the next update along with fifteen new Dimensions to try out.

Dream Weaving is about bringing players’ imaginations to life. As a Weaver, you’ll craft VFX, lighting, and special items for use in Dimensions. You’ll create elements like fire, water, motes, and smoke, plus object-free lighting and particle effects you can add anywhere (and to anything) you like in your favorite retreats.

Imagine, on one hand, making candle flames to lap at the shadows surrounding an eerie tomb. Too subtle? Build a roiling waterfall to power an ironworks churning out lightning and steam!

Part of what makes these items so exciting are the 15 Dimensions also launching with RIFT 2.6. Dream Weavers alone can forge keys to the new Dimensions, including some of the most open and diverse settings we’ve done to date.

Read more about Dream Weavers on the Rift site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Angus Young just killed it for me.

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    Reminds me of DC Comics' character "Jack Hawksmoor" (Stormwatch comic), whose dressed in a suit, loose tie and barefoot can can communicate with cities :-)
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by Ppiper
    looks like that guy from AC/DC

haha  it does

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

"As a Weaver, you’ll craft VFX, lighting, and special items for use in Dimensions. You’ll create elements like fire, water, motes, and smoke, plus object-free lighting and particle effects you can add anywhere (and to anything) you like in your favorite retreats."

/drool  :)

I think I'll hop back into Rift for a bit when it goes live. Dimensions system rocks.

I really hope LotRO's housing revamp (when it finally arriving from Soon(TM)-land) will have similar features.

• LungingWolfLungingWolf Member Posts: 73

Ah, looking forward to it!

On the Faeblight (PvE-RP) server, my wife and I team up to do some dimension building (on her account, since I don't actually play Rift, lol). So far, we've produced Rift Mesa Research Facility (#1 Breach Chamber on that server :-D and rising) and we're working on The Other Side (the expansion which shows the other side of RMRF's portal).

This will definitely help our efforts.

BTW, the staff at MMORPG.com is welcome to drop in there and have a look around. Look for Razili and send her a PM, if possible.

BTW, I'm working on a systematic suggestion post for Rift. Feel free to send me a PM, if you have any suggestions of your own. I'll give you credit in the post, if I use your suggestion.

Waiting for: Citadel of Sorcery. Along the way, The Elder Scrolls Online (when it is F2P).

Keeping an eye on: www.play2crush.com (whatever is going on here).

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I love Rift but could care less about instanced housing. Hoping for some pvp updates and additions soon =).
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Remember when this used to be a MMORPG?
  • tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    If players are making amazing dimensions right now, imagine what we'll see after this update! :D
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

The big question is:  How much will this cost?

Will it be free to patrons?