Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN confirmed for PS4

evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Not that anyone should be surprised, but Smed has confirmed that EQN will be on the PS4 at some point. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/comments/1w2lu2/im_john_smedley_president_of_soe_amaa/cey6cne 

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

In before "this game is now ruined, I wont play with console kiddies"?

Edit: Yes!

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Would the servers be the same between ps4 and PC?

Whats the answer to this question?   Will they be separate games or combined?

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    That being the case..  The best thing SOE can do is make sure that game plays like Diablo 3.. What I mean here is that allow MULTIPLE users per PS4..  If they do that, good chance my family might tinker with it like we do with D3.. If they don't, we'll just pass on the game and move on.. 
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Boneserino

doubt the platforms will share servers, DCUO does not

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by evilastro
    Not that anyone should be surprised, but Smed has confirmed that EQN will be on the PS4 at some point. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/comments/1w2lu2/im_john_smedley_president_of_soe_amaa/cey6cne 

More power to them.

Would the servers be the same between ps4 and PC?  Whats the answer to this question?   Will they be separate games or combined?

I Am a pretty firm advocate for cross platform but what does it really matter?
    Different Shards of pc users never interact with each other, why should it matter if 1 shard is pc and one ps4?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

FFXIV ARR has same servers from what I've read and DCUO doesn't so it could go either way.

While I see pros/cons of both, if there was shared servers and better yet, if I could go between PC/PS4 with the same character, I could easily see myself buying a PS4.

Although if the game design has to be altered greatly to work on the PS4, I hope they maintain two separate versions to give each the best experience possible.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Nitth

More power to them.

Would the servers be the same between ps4 and PC?  Whats the answer to this question?   Will they be separate games or combined?

Different Shards of pc users never interact with each other, why should it matter if 1 shard is pc and one ps4?

I personally don't care if its mixed shards, as I primarily use voice chat in groups these days, but for old school advocates of typing they tend to get hung up on the fact that console users rarely use keyboards.

I think EQN will heavily support voice chat though, with the SoEmote technology, so I don't think it really matters.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by evilastro Not that anyone should be surprised, but Smed has confirmed that EQN will be on the PS4 at some point.    http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/comments/1w2lu2/im_john_smedley_president_of_soe_amaa/cey6cne    More power to them.   Originally posted by Boneserino Would the servers be the same between ps4 and PC?  Whats the answer to this question?   Will they be separate games or combined?
      I Am a pretty firm advocate for cross platform but what does it really matter? Different Shards of pc users never interact with each other, why should it matter if 1 shard is pc and one ps4?  

I personally don't care if its mixed shards, as I primarily use voice chat in groups these days, but for old school advocates of typing they tend to get hung up on the fact that console users rarely use keyboards.

I think EQN will heavily support voice chat though, with the SoEmote technology, so I don't think it really matters.

Forgelight already has the ability of Proximity and per channel voice chat, So there should not be disconnect with communication in that regard..

I prefer typing over voice chat, but problems only occur if you want to type on your ps4. there's also no reason you cant have a type-voice conversation.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Yes! I hope pc and ps4 players can play on the same server!

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Mikeyfree

If there is PvP, this is probably a bad idea.  Mouse + Keyboard > Controller.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by CazNeerg

For a fps yes I don't think it really makes a difference in mmo game play.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by DamonVile

For a fps yes I don't think it really makes a difference in mmo game play.

Really depends on the mechanics of the particular MMO.  I've found it to be a good general rule for all games.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308

More power to them.

Speaking for my situation, it matters a lot.  I play with my children and they play on a PS4.  I play on a PC.  If the servers are cross platform we can play together.

I disagree, for shooters it is. But for mmo's not imo. Tried, ffxiv on the pc with razer naga and ps3 with the controller. Just need to get used.

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723

Wrong.

• BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554
    finally confirmation for what so many were in denial about. can't wait!

and btw action games like this play better on a dual shock than mouse and keyboard. this isn't a fps.

prediction came true.. now for pvp reveal.
    Originally posted by Bidwood

and btw action games like this play better on a dual shock than mouse and keyboard. this isn't a fps.

Im so excited for mmo's on the ps4 lol! Division, ESO, Destiny, EQN, ffxiv arr,  more pls!

Always played on the pc with, the razer naga. Kinda bored with it.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

I shall play my MMORPGs on PC or I shall not play them.

This is nothing against console players or consoles or any of that bunk. This is simply an affirmation of my gaming platform of choice.

• pmcubedpmcubed Member Posts: 289

FFXIV is a good example of a cross platform game.  Though, the way you have to scroll through the raid list to heal people is insanely inefficient - not to mention being able to turn 180 degree's instantly with a keyboard to avoid telegraphs.

It may be more relaxing or w/e to play on a console, but it will always be less effective  from a hardcore mix/max standpoint.

#pcmasterrace lol

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Bidwood

Im so excited for mmo's on the ps4 lol! Division, ESO, Destiny, EQN, ffxiv arr,  more pls!

Always played on the pc with, the razer naga. Kinda bored with it.

i can see EQN using cross platform servers, same as FF XIV;ARR does, but i don't see it for Destiny or The Division, and perhaps not even for ESO, as mouse/keyboard combo always give too much of an advantage for combat that includes targetted ranged weapons, one thing i've found though, having played FFXIV;ARR, is that some classes benefit more from gamepads than others, healers in particular are slower if they don't use mouse/keyboards, although in solo play this isn't an issue, fortunately in FFXIV;ARR you can switch between control methods on the fly, and only takes a few seconds. Be good if EQN had the same kind of flexibility tbh. But with the voice comms in game, i've yet to play a game where that was used, any voice comms is usually handled by a third party program like Mumble etc. they tend to be a lot more reliable, and give you better control over who can, and cannot access your voice comms, and unless Sony are going to do the same thing as microsoft, by excluding those who use offensive language in voice comms, from online games, then there is the problem of dealing with people who do use foul or offensive language.image

Imo, once ppl get the taste of playing a mmo on the console, it will be massive. On ffxiv of you wanna be a group healer on the ps4 put your keyboard and mouse in it, with a usb expander, etc

" In addition, the keyboard and mouse support on the PS4 will be identical to the PC version. Rig you can use a keyboard and mouse on the PS3 port, you're limited in what you can do. That will change when the PS4 version hits, or you can continue to use a controller. There's also discussion of using the touch pad on the PS4 controller like a mouse."

Console is cheaper, parents can watch every movent their kids do, wife can watch their favo serie on the tablet, if they wanna be on tv, you can play on the couch with your vita. Its awesome for casual players! And will only be better. Would be awesome if you can switch, your character, on the ps4 and pc vice versa.

Edit:

FFXIV: The PS4 version will be 1080p and the touch pad of the DualShock 4 will work as a mouse. Clicking on it will work as a mouse click. 

Not sure what class he is, looks like hes healing sometimes?!

Everything is possible and I will be happy to test this out on 26 feb (beta)

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    You can use a mouse and keyboard on a PS4 I presume but perhaps not a gaming mouse like a Naga.