Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] EverQuest Next: Landmark: Alpha-licious Video Overload

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

If one video wasn't enough to make you want to scream "ALPHAAAAAAA!" then four videos will likely turn many Everquest Next: Landmark fans into a quivering mess of excitement. Better yet, that's EXACTLY what Sony Online Entertainment did since the last time I wrote about the game. Let's delve into what's happened in the past week by going through the content chronologically.

Read more of Victor Barreiro Jr.'s EverQuest Next: Landmark - Alpha-licious Video Overload.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Your YouTube embedding isn't working.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by ITPalg
    Your YouTube embedding isn't working.

yeah serious embed fail

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    the crafting sounds really meh,  it's same one click crafting we've had for 10 years.
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

does anybody review this before they put it on a webpage?

or just check it afterwards to make sure it uploaded properly?

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• FionnFionn Member Posts: 68
    So ready for this game, the haters can qq all they want, Landmark is awesome.
  • plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    Ever since my first hit of Evercrack i've been chasing the Dragon. I hope they put some time into the pvp.

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    i'm there among those impatiently waiting for landmark, cant wait.  pretty soon i will be in the "checking email every 2 minutes" stage

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    So... Where those 4 videos at?

Smile

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Iframe is busted. We're on it. Being the weekend, our web guy is obviously out and about. Hang tight.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• victorbjrvictorbjr Member UncommonPosts: 212

Thanks Bill! :D

Was it possibly a secondary issue stemming from Gmail's temporary outage?

A writer and gamer from the Philippines. Loves his mom dearly. :)

Can also be found on http://www.gamesandgeekery.com

• migthefigmigthefig Member UncommonPosts: 37
    yeah no kidding , EQ 2 crafting seems more complex...  This one button click,  is too arcadish for me.. 
  • ReaperJodaReaperJoda Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Is it me or is ever one so blind because it carries the EQ title that we're looking at pictures that we can make of a world that will take the devs and producers at least another 2-3 years to develop a beta for the game might or might not be Even any good.
  • grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    Originally posted by ReaperJoda
    Is it me or is ever one so blind because it carries the EQ title that we're looking at pictures that we can make of a world that will take the devs and producers at least another 2-3 years to develop a beta for the game might or might not be Even any good.

I can't understand that "sentence" but EQNext Beta will probably be out next year, according to Smedley.

I'm OK with the one click crafting in Landmark.  I'd probably prefer something a little more involved in EQNext, with the EQ2 system as a launching point.