Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst MMO you ever played?

Comments

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Wizardry and Neverwinter.

I forgot Wizardry

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Heh. It's funny if I think about it.

I have vague memories of quitting an MMO and thinking "That was the worst game I ever played". But I'll be damned if I can recall the title. Not that I'm exerting myself to do so.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Runes of Magic
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by phantomghost

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    I kind of get a giggle when I see people mentioning WoW.  I mean, yeah...I get it....your MMO tastes are so sophisticated and it's certainly cool to hate on WoW, but c'mon people...no way in hell that is the worst game you've ever played.  lol.  Read the OP.  He's specifically talking about poorly made games with a lot of bugs.  There are many things to dislike about WoW, but no way can anyone with a straight face say it's the WORST mmo they've ever played.  At the very least, it's a damn well-made game.  To this day I haven't seen a game constructed any better, despite its shortcomings in gameplay and philosophy.   Okay, rant over.  Commence with the ever-cool WoW basing.  lol

I It's VERY easy for someone to say that WOW is the worse game they ever played especially if they are someone who was a fan of games like Ultima Online or Vanilla SWG. Not saying that's me by any means but I understand their POV.

It's actually even less forgivable for someone who started MMORPGs with UO or "Vanilla" SWG, because it means they have quite a bit of experience with those games. Therefore them saying Wow is the worst game ever is even more silly and shows only one thing - they have a personal, irrational hatred for that game, which doesn't have any realistic basis.

Rebel said it perfectly - it's popular to hate specific games on this forum, totally ignoring what really bad games are all about. WoW is one of those "popular to hate to be among the kewl guys" game.

So what if they only played UO and WoW.

If UO is their favorite, by default the worst MMO they ever played would be.... ?  I will let you answer.

The guy emptying the trashcan in a NASA facility can also say he knows better than the scientists how to launch and control a space shuttle. That doesn't mean he's right, it just means he's ignorant and doesn't have sufficient information to make even just an educated guess.

The guy arguing about being right in an opinion thread... hmm.

That was my thought as well. If people were calling WOW a failure then you could say they were wrong since that is a statement that can be proven wrong with facts. But someone saying that it's the worse MMO they ever played? How can anyone say that a person is wrong with their likes and dislikes?

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229

Quickest uninstall ever was DDO - was so hyped being and old growing up on dungeons and dragons table top. 

second would be warhammer online - it was ugly, clunky, and not very fun on any level at launch.

last would be guild wars 2. I enjoyed my first 3 or 4 days playing it and then i hit thispoint where i felt like "that's it" . The abilities, weapon based, spells didn't feel right and you had zero character progression. It wasn't bad, just wasn't there for me in the long run.

definace is up there too, but i think that game could be good. 

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    That was my thought as well. If people were calling WOW a failure then you could say they were wrong since that is a statement that can be proven wrong with facts. But someone saying that it's the worse MMO they ever played? How can anyone say that a person is wrong with their likes and dislikes?

Exactly right.

In fact, let me restate MY likes and dislikes, that I have played

Worst MMO ever - UO

second worst MMO - EQ

best MMO - Diablo 3 .. not a true mmo, but close enough

second best - WoW

I would love to see if someone will try to tell how my PERSONAL preferences are wrong.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198

Exactly right.

Worst MMO ever - UO

second worst MMO - EQ

second best - WoW

I would love to see if someone will try to tell how my PERSONAL preferences are wrong.

You sir are wrong

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Exactly right.

Worst MMO ever - UO

second worst MMO - EQ

second best - WoW

My opinion is that your personal preference is wrong!

(Well, you asked to see it)

Originally posted by Demmi77

Quickest uninstall ever was DDO - was so hyped being and old growing up on dungeons and dragons table top.

i almost posted DDO but I gave the game a 2nd chance when it went ftp

MY likes and dislikes, that I have played

Worst MMO ever - UO

what was so horrible about UO ?

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311

It's a two way tie... Eve Online- the most boring game ever and Vangaurd FtP, it took longer to install than I played

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Exactly right.

Worst MMO ever - UO

second worst MMO - EQ

second best - WoW

My opinion is that your personal preference is wrong!

(Well, you asked to see it)

hehehe . i bet you think i am wrong .. and cannot fathom how one would hate UO .. but i do.

That is the beauty of personal opinions. What you think is irrelevant.

Originally posted by Nadia

MY likes and dislikes, that I have played

Worst MMO ever - UO

what was so horrible about UO ?

Bad combat, boring clicking on rocks to improve skills, lots of griefing, tank mage, housing ghetto ....

Those are my reasons to think that UO is the worse MMO i have played. Personally opinions, of course.

• GrimfargoGrimfargo Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Horizons (now called Istaria) and Shadowbane
  • iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

- If a guy posts "WoW is the worst MMORPG ever", then I'm like "either you're full of it and just mindlessly bashing the game, or you never experienced a really bad game, with poor graphics, poor programming, poor animations, poor performance, etc...", and I stop taking anything that guy posts ever remotely seriously.

The thing is people define "worst" in different ways. I mean you could say Scarlet Blade or some crappy MMO is the worst MMO ever and have a point or some game that was so bug-laden it didn't even launch properly.

Thing is I can see from a mile away what Scarlet Blade is so have no temptation to ever put it on my computer and the buggy mess game probably doesn't effect people much either (unless you're unlucky enough to have bought a lifetime sub to it or something).

WoW on the other hand has drastically impacted the design direction of nearly all other MMOs. It is inescapable if you play MMOs even if you don't actually play it. If someone hates the design philosophies of WoW that have become ubiquitous in the genre I think it's totally reasonable to say WoW is the worst MMO ever simply based on the damage (in that person's opinion) it did to the genre as a whole.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    SWG-NGE.
  • versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288

There's really a whole genre of asian grinders that all kind of string together and are more or less equally horrible.

• VideoJockeyVideoJockey Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Aion came to mind first, but I think my real answer is Runescape. I don't think I lasted an hour.
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

* Most games with an ingame cash shop/ Free To Play were a huge disappointement and were often just plain bad. TFC2, which isnt even an mmorpg, is the only F2P game which did hold my interest for longer.

* All these "Asian Grinders" dont deliver in my opinion:

just some examples

Runes of Magic, 2Moon, Lineage 2, Last Chaos, Perfect World, Silkroad, AION, Rose, Granado Espada

These are just examples from older games, no idea what games are currently on the market in this genre I dont touch them anymore.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by firefly2003 I guess after all these years trying out all the other WoW clones like Rift, Lord Of The Rings, TOR, and Everquest I guess I couldnt stand the original WoW

Neither Everquest was a clone.

EQ1 greatest MMO ever produced, not as good any more but still better than any game out right now.

Everquest2- never played but it is similar to WoW so I imagine it sucks... but it came out before WoW so it is not a clone.

I meant to say Everquest 2 to begin with at the time I wrote that I was falling asleep :p I hav e no qualms with EQ 1

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Earthrise for sure! I hope I'm not confusing the game name with something else.

It was pure ripoff. The game was literally unplayable. You paid to suffer. It was insane.

I think I logged on the first 2 days, no more.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Vanilla WoW was the best, now its the worst !!!!

Neverwinter was bad too.

Biggest let down was FF14, they made a 30 day solo game with a dungeon finder.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zastenzasten Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by Mystlynx
    Guild Wars 2, absolutely the worst MMO I ever wasted money on.  I probably didn't put in more than 10 hours before I couldn't stomach that lame pile of trash.

You know I almost always forget about this game.  I decided one day when I was bored to buy this game.  I never logged off a game faster. 

To make things worse I gave it a second chance and hated the game even more the second go around.

^

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Neverwinter and Gods and Heroes. Wow, both are so boring.