Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst MMO you ever played?

Comments

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Originally posted by Ender4

Rift and SWTOR I could tell were going to be awful after playing for under an hour of beta.

I forgot about the old republic.  That was a game I was really looking forward to and I played it about 3 or 4 hours before becoming extremely bored.  The classes and their abilities were nothing like I had hoped for.  They were nothing like the KOTOR single player game abilities.

Dungeons and Dragons didn't last me very long either because it was too instanced.  I was hoping for an open world.  The same with Neverwinter Nights.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Requiem Online.

I dunno, the ads suckered me in. I was like "ooo a horror game that's dark and evil - that might be cool" Oh wait, nope, just a pile!

I can't believe I even tried it for a couple hours just waiting for anything not sucky to exist in that game.

As for mainstream MMO's, I'd say SWTOR.

Man, I've never played a game that felt so stiff and lifeless. I just couldn't.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Wizardry. Let it play out the new char screens (took 10 mins), finally landed and uninstalled.

Followed by Aion, which was a huge disappointment after months of closed and open beta.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64

The people saying WoW should just be banned from the internet and never be allowed to eat pie again.

Why? "Worst" is subjective. You can't force anyone to like WOW.

Personally i like it and played for 3-4 years .. but i am not the only one who play games.

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161

As much as I disliked DCUO and Spiral Knights.... LINEAGE 2!

I have no idea how that game has an audience. Lackluster character creation, broken controls,  tedious quests that go out of their way to waste your time, terrible PvP... and that's just the first few hours.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I played or at least tried the following games (counting only AAA games):

EQ2, WoW, AoC, Rift, Lotro, Aion, SWTOR, STO, Tera, Scarlet Blade, TSW, FFIV, GW2

The worst experience I had personally:

1. Scarlet Blade

2. Tera.

3. FFIV

4. STO.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

As a long time player of MMORPG's and MMO's ( there are dfferences between the 2) there were good games and bad some good turned to worse by unecessary changes to the game or expansions that ruined the game from that point on. I

Worst MMOs My List:

Star Wars The Old Republic: Getting kicked out of Star Wars Galaxies after it being shut down and only having 1 option for a SW game to play with I managed to get into closed beta around 5 months when the game launched, playing Galaxies and playing this game was a total insult to go from endless options and choices, to just less than a handful was a total insult, from the bad linear questing, to the incessant and mostly endless voice acting and cutscenes , I felt like I was playing a single player game instead of a online game, then getting to 50 and having nothing to do shortly thereafter but grind for gear....been there done that... after launch I made it 2 months cancelled my sub, smashed my authenticator and tossed collectors edition in the trash. One of the most uninspiring, clone of WoW to date, a space bar smasher. Crafting was uninspired and shallow and very restrictive, space combat was laughable and a joke.

Darkfall 1:Great concepts, poor implementation , poor and pathetic trolling community, This was one of the few game where I actually was scared to travel alone and ran with a guild, especially when on the oceans and in the center of the world... the giant dragons Red Dragon in the center and Ice Dragon and the Kraken gave me excitement and fear once again playing this game giant bosses that are dangerous and need the help of more than 20 people is something I wish other studios would copy. However despite the good stuff most of the game was bad. From players hacking and exploiting to the nutcupping of alliances, the endless griefers and trolls that plagued this game, to the broken mechanics where you basically had to macro everything and have the same skills as everyone else did to compete. Lots of afking macroing and exploiting to get your skills maxxed out to 100 and your stats it was a mostly boring game with a few exceptions, building ciities, crafting  and adventuring were fun seiges were fun when you didnt have zergs interferring with them.

World of Warcraft: The MMORPG that ruined an entire genre , in turn made almost every MMO/MMORPG after it into an uninspiring, unplayable,boring mess with each launch that claimed we going to kill WoW!!! And nothing happened...guild mates of mine all went back to this game recently and considering I never played it once they were trying to get me to play I told one of them if you buy me the game Ill try it.... so one of them did I created a troll hunter tried leveling made it to 31 and havent logged back in since..it was just boring needless to say I guess after all these years trying out all the other WoW clones like Rift, Lord Of The Rings, TOR, and Everquest 2, I guess I couldnt stand the original WoW either fastest uninstall after 2 weeks. Just guess Im tired of playing handholding games where the developers think im to stupid to want anything else besides quest hubs and raiding and shoebox pvp (battlegrounds).

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

The people saying WoW should just be banned from the internet and never be allowed to eat pie again.

Personally i like it and played for 3-4 years .. but i am not the only one who play games.

People who say WoW is the worst MMORPG ever are the same kind who say Avatar is the worst movie ever. They only focus on a few points they dislike, totally ignoring the general quality of the media.

Or, they're comparing it to ALL MMOs, not just modern MMOs, and see where WoW is woefully underdeveloped and poorly designed?

For my case, a bad MMO is one that I don't want to play. Poorly coded games with interesting ideas can keep me hooked longer than a boring game. WoW is a boring game. I left almost right away. Wizardry, a "bad game", was far FAR more interesting.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

People who say WoW is the worst MMORPG ever are the same kind who say Avatar is the worst movie ever. They only focus on a few points they dislike, totally ignoring the general quality of the media.

And I agree with the Darkness dude... I can't take those people seriously at all.

Worst game ever, just like worst movie ever, to me, is something really bad and unplayable/unwatchable, with a very low production quality. Whatever one thinks of WoW, that just isn't true - the game is not only playable but has a very high quality.

I wonder how people who think Avatar is the worst movie ever are rating utterly crap movies like (e.g.) the Highlander sequels. Negatively? Same for those who think Wow's the worst ever. They either have memory problem or never really experienced a bad, unplayable, bug ridden crap game with very poor production quality.

what do you even mean by that? It is not like others' preferences will change yours. May be wow is really bad to that person. It is silly not to acknowledge that other can dislike something you like intensely.

My worst MMO is UO. I am sure many here won't take it seriously, but so what? It is not like because of them, i will suddenly like UO, or that any of them will change their mind because i think UO is the worst.

It is quite clear that this topic is about subjective evaluation. Just take it as it is. A survey of what people think is worst. You can't change or argue away others' preference, not on this forum anyway.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by firefly2003 I guess after all these years trying out all the other WoW clones like Rift, Lord Of The Rings, TOR, and Everquest I guess I couldnt stand the original WoW

Neither Everquest was a clone.

EQ1 greatest MMO ever produced, not as good any more but still better than any game out right now.

Everquest2- never played but it is similar to WoW so I imagine it sucks... but it came out before WoW so it is not a clone.

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054
    Probably Mortal Online. The world was barren, the pigs I tried to kill kept rubber-banding (some even sank into the ground), and a vicious porcupine absolutely destroyed me when I couldn't fight back due to the horrible latency issues.
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Eighteen16
    I mostly stick to mainstream so I haven't played anything too terrible. Worst I'd have to say is TSW. Great graphics, amazing questing and worst gameplay ever created.

QFT

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

Originally posted by stealthbr
    Probably Mortal Online. The world was barren, the pigs I tried to kill kept rubber-banding (some even sank into the ground), and some porcupine absolutely destroyed me when I couldn't fight back due to the horrible latency issues.

MO was definitely tough to play early on with all the bugs.

It was not fun to play for the most part.  I did keep playing and joined a clan and went to war with another that made the game interesting for a few days, but that was about it. 

I tried to go back to it, but it felt easier and more boring the second time around.

Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

Or, they're comparing it to ALL MMOs, not just modern MMOs, and see where WoW is woefully underdeveloped and poorly designed?

For my case, a bad MMO is one that I don't want to play. Poorly coded games with interesting ideas can keep me hooked longer than a boring game. WoW is a boring game. I left almost right away. Wizardry, a "bad game", was far FAR more interesting.

Nice job cutting off 80% of my post to only focus on a small part of it and put it out of the general context of the complete text.

Well, considering that was the portion of your post that I was replying to...

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Mortal Online.

Created a character logged into the game, time 3 minutes got killed by a smartass.

Uninstalled in a flash

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by FlawSGI
    Originally posted by Eighteen16
    I mostly stick to mainstream so I haven't played anything too terrible. Worst I'd have to say is TSW. Great graphics, amazing questing and worst gameplay ever created.

QFT

I'd also like to add that Dragons Prophet was uninstalled faster. Now if we want to discuss biggest disappointments then I could give a much longer list.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

I kind of get a giggle when I see people mentioning WoW.  I mean, yeah...I get it....your MMO tastes are so sophisticated and it's certainly cool to hate on WoW, but c'mon people...no way in hell that is the worst game you've ever played.  lol.  Read the OP.  He's specifically talking about poorly made games with a lot of bugs.  There are many things to dislike about WoW, but no way can anyone with a straight face say it's the WORST mmo they've ever played.  At the very least, it's a damn well-made game.  To this day I haven't seen a game constructed any better, despite its shortcomings in gameplay and philosophy.  Okay, rant over.  Commence with the ever-cool WoW basing.  lol

I

It's VERY easy for someone to say that WOW is the worse game they ever played especially if they are someone who was a fan of games like Ultima Online or Vanilla SWG. Not saying that's me by any means but I understand their POV.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by ktanner3

I kind of get a giggle when I see people mentioning WoW.  I mean, yeah...I get it....your MMO tastes are so sophisticated and it's certainly cool to hate on WoW, but c'mon people...no way in hell that is the worst game you've ever played.  lol.  Read the OP.  He's specifically talking about poorly made games with a lot of bugs.  There are many things to dislike about WoW, but no way can anyone with a straight face say it's the WORST mmo they've ever played.  At the very least, it's a damn well-made game.  To this day I haven't seen a game constructed any better, despite its shortcomings in gameplay and philosophy.  

Okay, rant over.  Commence with the ever-cool WoW basing.  lol

I It's VERY easy for someone to say that WOW is the worse game they ever played especially if they are someone who was a fan of games like Ultima Online or Vanilla SWG. Not saying that's me by any means but I understand their POV.

Even if you don't care for the way WoW is designed, calling it a bad game is a bit of a stretch. I don't like EVE Online at all, but I'd never call it a bad game. 

I kind of get a giggle when I see people mentioning WoW.  I mean, yeah...I get it....your MMO tastes are so sophisticated and it's certainly cool to hate on WoW, but c'mon people...no way in hell that is the worst game you've ever played.  lol.  Read the OP.  He's specifically talking about poorly made games with a lot of bugs.  There are many things to dislike about WoW, but no way can anyone with a straight face say it's the WORST mmo they've ever played.  At the very least, it's a damn well-made game.  To this day I haven't seen a game constructed any better, despite its shortcomings in gameplay and philosophy.  

I It's VERY easy for someone to say that WOW is the worse game they ever played especially if they are someone who was a fan of games like Ultima Online or Vanilla SWG. Not saying that's me by any means but I understand their POV.

It's actually even less forgivable for someone who started MMORPGs with UO or "Vanilla" SWG, because it means they have quite a bit of experience with those games. Therefore them saying Wow is the worst game ever is even more silly and shows only one thing - they have a personal, irrational hatred for that game, which doesn't have any realistic basis.

Rebel said it perfectly - it's popular to hate specific games on this forum, totally ignoring what really bad games are all about. WoW is one of those "popular to hate to be among the kewl guys" game.

So what if they only played UO and WoW.

If UO is their favorite, by default the worst MMO they ever played would be.... ?  I will let you answer.

When you've seen the innovation and amazing design that the MMO genre is capable of, seeing something so boring, safe, and yet at the same time flawed as WoW, it's easy to call it the worst you've played.

• WaanWaan Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Neverwinter hands down
  • crasset15crasset15 Member UncommonPosts: 194

If you judge by the time it took to uninstall a game

RIFT - 2 hours

EVE - 1 day

Dragon's prophet - 1 day

Allods online - 2 days

Path of Exile - 1 week

Granado Espado - 1 week

I still have guild wars 2 installed. Mainly because I feel bad for spending 60 bucks on it, so I occasionally log in and see if I can tolerate playing it this time. The worst game that I have paid full price for is GW2 by a long shot. The worst random F2P game that I have just downloaded to see if I like it, is Dragon's Prophet, by a long shot.

Originally posted by phantomghost

It's actually even less forgivable for someone who started MMORPGs with UO or "Vanilla" SWG, because it means they have quite a bit of experience with those games. Therefore them saying Wow is the worst game ever is even more silly and shows only one thing - they have a personal, irrational hatred for that game, which doesn't have any realistic basis.

Rebel said it perfectly - it's popular to hate specific games on this forum, totally ignoring what really bad games are all about. WoW is one of those "popular to hate to be among the kewl guys" game.

So what if they only played UO and WoW.

If UO is their favorite, by default the worst MMO they ever played would be.... ?  I will let you answer.

The guy emptying the trashcan in a NASA facility can also say he knows better than the scientists how to launch and control a space shuttle. That doesn't mean he's right, it just means he's ignorant and doesn't have sufficient information to make even just an educated guess.

The guy arguing about being right in an opinion thread... hmm.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198

It is kind of hard to pick one out of all the bad mmos i have played.

Everquest 2

Aion

APB

Perpetuum

countless asian f2p games

That is in no particular order

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Wizardry and Neverwinter.