Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter

lakcidlakcid Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I discovered the new game Neverwinter. The game is free. A very important thing - double rates - EXP, DROP and GOLD. I can use my creativity with the easy-to-use editor, the Foundery, which lets me create my own quests. The fun is endless-millions of combinations are possible. I think it's great ! I like the atmosphere and graphics. There are many classes to choose, I started with a manipulator magician. I think it is a very cool game and I like MMO with dynamic combat.

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Dear shill,

Go away.

Love always,

Everyone at MMORPG.com

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    lol
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by evilastro

Dear shill,

Go away.

Love always,

Everyone at MMORPG.com

What a great response. I really laughed out loud. :)

• IDontThinkSoNoIDontThinkSoNo Member UncommonPosts: 57
    I see they code their bots about as well as they code their games.  At least they're consistent?
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by ShortyBible

Dear shill,

Go away.

Love always,

Everyone at MMORPG.com

What a great response. I really laughed out loud. :)

but its nice to see their not being too obvious about it image

• ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80
    There are those of us out here who do like the game (even with its flaws). The OP is a bit efusive in their praise and may or may not be a shill, but it's nice to hear something positive in these forums about Neverwinter instead of all the negative.
  • TrojunTrojun Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Originally posted by Chadiwicker
    There are those of us out here who do like the game (even with its flaws). The OP is a bit efusive in his praise and may or may not be a shill, but it's nice to hear something positive in these forums about Neverwinter instead of all the negative.

It's true it's nice to hear positive stuff about a game.  But it's clearly a commercial for Neverwinter by a shill like the second poster said.  Unfortunately there's no regulating body to make the commercial tell us the negative side effects of playing Neverwinter like the FDA does for a flomax commercial.

• ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Trojun

It's true it's nice to hear positive stuff about a game.  But it's clearly a commercial for Neverwinter by a shill like the second poster said.  Unfortunately there's no regulating body to make the commercial tell us the negative side effects of playing Neverwinter like the FDA does for a flomax commercial.

One is a medicine (with potential physical side effects), the other is a video game. I hardly think they are comparable. Unless you're suggesting there are serious medical side effects to playing Neverwinter or video games in general. ;)

Shill or over-exuberant teenager? Regardless, I think it's harmless especially considered against all the people who post negative things about the game even after they've long stopped playing or never played. I've seen people post that they won't even try it just because it was made by Cryptic/PWE. They are negative Nancys as much as the OP may or may not be a shill. If I don't like a game, I move on. I don't go into forums to trash the game.

The OP is wrong about two things though, there are no double rates of experience, drops and gold unless they are comparing it to some other game. You do level up pretty fast in Neverwinter so maybe that's what they're talking about. Also, it's a Control Wizard, not a Manipulator Wizard. Would a shill get those things wrong? Reads more like a teenager to me.

Neverwinter has flaws, but I like the game overall. I think the game has a good combat system. I think the Foundry creates a vast potential for the game. I like the Neverwinter setting and enjoy seeing monsters from the pen and paper game. They've released new content every 3 or 4 months since launch. I don't think there were enough classes at launch, but they've added the Hunter Ranger and more are coming. I think the Zen Market is largely over-priced, but you CAN play for free. There are still bugs that seem like they should be fixed by now and the profession/crafting system is too shallow for my tastes. I post about my dislikes in the official forums in the hopes that my suggestions might get Cryptic to change things. I try to be constructive rather than trash the game.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Dear shill,

Go away.

Love always,

Everyone at MMORPG.com

lol reading the post I was thinking holy crap how young do they hire these shills. It reads like a child's letter from summer camp.