Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Artcraft - A First Look & New Human Female Models Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

One of the most exciting part of the upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion for World of Warcraft is the revamped character models. In a new developer blog post on the official site, Senior Art Director Chris Robinson takes players on a step-by-step journey through the model overhaul. Included in the blog post are several new screens of the human female model. Be sure to click on each screen to see a more comprehensive image.

We’re looking at these model revamps as a sort of “spiritual update” to the art content that currently exists in-game—except we’re completely redoing them from scratch. That includes the base model, skin tone variations, customization options (e.g. wrinkles, scars, moles, earrings, etc.), hairstyles, and any skin variations for NPCs you see out in the world, like Iron Dwarves or Leper Gnomes. We’re pretty excited about some of the ideas you've given us for new customization and skin options you’d like to see, but our first goal—which is already a monumental endeavor—is to make sure that the visual content that currently exists is brought up to or surpasses the level of quality you see in current boss models, the Pandaren, and central NPCs like the new Vol’jin model.

Check out the full post on the World of Warcraft site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I think the words massive and improvement are proper to use. Ofc the human model is one of the oldest in WoW and it would have been hard to do anything to it that was not an improvement.

If it looks this good with the model only, once the bones are in it will look amazing. Still think the new female gnome is the over all cutest in that chibi way.

This have been a good conversation

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    old human model was the worst in the game.  definitely a huge improvement
  • DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Can't wait to not ever look at these new models since we're covered up in armor all the time. Why was this a priority?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

At least they have meat on their bones none of that rake thin model looks.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Deeter
    Can't wait to not ever look at these new models since we're covered up in armor all the time. Why was this a priority?

We've been asking for this for years now. Your concept of "priority" is therefor quite funny :).

That said, I can't wait for the rest to be revealed. But most of all, I'm looking forward to a new human male run animation. The current one is just killing me......

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

It was long overdue.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Yeah because there's no option to hide helms? People just wear helms now to hide the butt ugly faces. This is long overdue and very welcome.
  • ElandrialElandrial Member UncommonPosts: 179
    wow now they are only 10 year behind rest of mmorpg,the whole thing of wow was the comic look to characters.sorry but lots of games make their chars look like crap,if its gotten to the point they have to redo art,they must be losing people by truckloads.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

They did a very nice job with it, and I'm sure a lot of the players will appreciate the update. image

Who knows, maybe I'll dust off my old account and check out the expansion when it comes out as well.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Or you know, its just outdated and needs upgrading to match the NPCs and new races? God there are some real mongs on this forum.
  • TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185

I'm offended by the size of those breasts and call for them to be reduced...

In all seriousness though, the work looks fantastic. I'm really interested to see what they do with my old race (Tauren).

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by Elandrial
    wow now they are only 10 year behind rest of mmorpg,the whole thing of wow was the comic look to characters.sorry but lots of games make their chars look like crap,if its gotten to the point they have to redo art,they must be losing people by truckloads.

What, were they 'losing players' when they updated the fucking water graphics too? When they updated the models for key NPCs?  God forbid they put some work into an oft-requested feature and try to update the game's older stuff to look equal to the new.

You know what, forget it. I'm just going to block you and be happy pretending you don't exist.

Models look nice. While I don't have plans to start playing again, it's good to see the old stuff getting updated for the enjoyment of those who do play. I am curious what my Worgen's human form would look like with the new one though, hmmm...

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Although my Wow playing days are truly done, I have to say that is an impressive model update. I did my last bit of playing to finally try out the last major expansion up until I hit the epics tier grind ... where I always quit in these sort of games. The improvement in the Pandaren lands over memories of vanilla made playing in the new area like seem like another game. 

If I have a complaint with Blizzard it is only that they no longer make games I am interested in and not that they don't put huge efforts into their mmo "systems" improvements. They shot for the "Most Polished MMO Ever In Existence Award!" and broke every record getting to it. 

You stay sassy!

• WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224

How about you read all answer before write it have been ask since end of TBC expansion to update model in WoW and i love new look cant wait to see rest only thing that is sad is that blizzard put into expansion and you have buy it to get model i think it should been in patch for free.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    As tired as I am with WoW, this might be the update I'll start a new Alliance character. Depending on what else I have at my plate at that time.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Animations are also updated. Also, a lot of players use the hide helm option.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    I just hope they will not mess with models completely ... Wow - IMO - should definitively retain same cartoony look just with much more detail.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    In one word : Lame. They should have given us slider to change size of character's bodys size or height or other stuff like we see in modern games these days. with all the money they earn, they can't do these things while even piss poor f2p games can add such features.  

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• LunarpacLunarpac Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    In one word : Lame. They should have given us slider to change size of character's bodys size or height or other stuff like we see in modern games these days. with all the money they earn, they can't do these things while even piss poor f2p games can add such features.  

I was gonna say "Hah! You just want to resize the breast region.", but I realized that thinking that about you says more about me than you. :(

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

So far, I would have to say that I'm rather impressed with the new models.  

Undead look amazing.

Humans are looking okay thus far.

Dwarf, Goblin, Gnome... don't care.  I hate the short races.  

Orc looked... meh.  

Maybe Blizzard will finally release a Male Blood elf character model?  Right now we have 2 models of female blood elf: 

1 - Has facial hair and no breasts

2 - Has breasts and no facial hair

And what of the 'knife eared' Night Elf?  

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    sigh. i expet more sexy look human female:/ hope Nelf will be better and they wont remove cameltoe.
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Uhhhh, how do you figure?  I'd like an explanation as to why changing character models is somehow a result of losing a lot of players.  

Please elaborate on your theory.  I wait with bated breath.  

• IDontThinkSoNoIDontThinkSoNo Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Have they made the game in any way challenging yet?  Or is it still online gaming on training wheels?
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Those new models look like EQNext clones !  lol
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    While it's not impressive by any means, it's definitely an improvement to one of my biggest dislikes about WoW. A step in the right direction, looking forward to seeing the changes in action in the new expansion. They still need change the skill tree up, or change it the to the way it was before, not like the game wasn't dumbed down enough before.

Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red