Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Titanfall coming out soon..

PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
Has anyone tried Titanfall alpha and how is it?

Comments

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

6v6, Bland colors, Xbox 360 era graphics, 720P.

If you are getting it for 360 it might be a good buy. But it dosen't appeal to me at all.

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    The features and gameplay are what is drawing me in, and the colors look fine from what I've seen. I don't know why people keep complaining about it being 6v6. It's a shooter, not an MMO.. it's pretty common for shooters to be around that many players in a match, except for battlefield which is designed for more players with bigger maps.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Its probably more than earned the name Titanfail tbh, i think it will be another of those games that just disappears into obscurity when nobody is looking, probably about 2 days after release image

Do anyone really want yet another 6v6 arena game, and as already mentioned, the graphics are nothing to write home about, although they are saying that the graphics on the PC version will be better, not that i expect that to really make any difference, it might sell a few boxes on the XB1, but that might just be because there are so few actual games for that platform yet, maybe people will buy it because they just want more games to play, regardless, i fully expect sales of this game for PC to be extremely low. I am a fan of FPS, from Counterstrike, to Planetside 1 & 2, Team Fortress.

Not sure what, if anything will make this game stand out, or above all the other FPS games out there, its not like the market for FPS is really that saturated, there's always room for more, but, this game contains far too little, in a genre where more is definitely better than less.image

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158
    Is it really only 6v6? This is the sort of game that would be great with large maps and a large amount of players rather than a small arena in my opinion.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Jimmy562
    Is it really only 6v6? This is the sort of game that would be great with large maps and a large amount of players rather than a small arena in my opinion.

apparently they tried to increase the numbers, but it was too confusing, so they reduced it to 6v6, or 12 players. Which is a very low amount no matter how you look at it. The maps must be pretty small i guess. image

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    The mechs are the only thing thats appealing about it, if you took those out its pretty much another generic multi-player shooter.  And no single player campaign will turn off a lot of gamers.
  • Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by Jimmy562

6v6 with AI bots, confirmed. No way to remove them as well, also confirmed.

They said the AI are not supposed to be generic bots, but I don't think they specifically said why they are there. People are speculating that the AI bots are there to make sure the sides actually go for objectives, but this was not stated by the developers.

This was all confirmed through their twitter though, so they may change this before release.

• KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265

after BF2/3/4 launch.  Years of dealing with Madden.  SWTOR.  WAR.

Nope.  I can say I am officially over the EA brand.

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    Originally posted by Koroshiya

Lets see what the big gamefix and Mantle update later this month does before writing off BF4. It looks like EA came down hard on DICE for BF4's problems.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

It honestly looks like a fun game. Also, IIRC there's sort of a single-player story with other players participating in a drop-in / drop-out basis or something of the kind.

I'll be waiting for both official and player / blogger reviews (filtered for both obvious shilling and biased EA hate) before committing to it though, possibly waiting for the inevitable sale around the summer before picking it up. I'm a fan of CoD 1, 2, and MW1 & 2 (you know, before they fired IW founders and forced the remainder to produce assembly-line trash), so to me it's worth keeping an eye on at least.

Just wish EA weren't the publisher. Would make the decision much easier.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by grndzro

Lets see what the big gamefix and Mantle update later this month does before writing off BF4. It looks like EA came down hard on DICE for BF4's problems.

it won't matter to me anymore.  Its the fact they release products when they know they are ready then pay off people to advertise like its finished.  I don't care if they release the best polished turd ever, at this point Ive learned my lesson enough times.  They KNOW they have to have large scale, long period beta's to get stuff like this out to market in decent shape but they refuse because they are more worried they will get bad press.

well its backfired enough and they haven't learned their lesson that I don't think they are going to learn it anytime soon.  Every single patch since release for BF4 alone, and for the good part of 3 months after BF3 launch all made things way worse.  I don't see it changing now even with direct hardware access via mantle.

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• MathadarMathadar Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by Phry

Its probably more than earned the name Titanfail tbh, i think it will be another of those games that just disappears into obscurity when nobody is looking, probably about 2 days after release image

Do anyone really want yet another 6v6 arena game, and as already mentioned, the graphics are nothing to write home about, although they are saying that the graphics on the PC version will be better, not that i expect that to really make any difference, it might sell a few boxes on the XB1, but that might just be because there are so few actual games for that platform yet, maybe people will buy it because they just want more games to play, regardless, i fully expect sales of this game for PC to be extremely low. I am a fan of FPS, from Counterstrike, to Planetside 1 & 2, Team Fortress.

Not sure what, if anything will make this game stand out, or above all the other FPS games out there, its not like the market for FPS is really that saturated, there's always room for more, but, this game contains far too little, in a genre where more is definitely better than less.image

Are you a betting man?  Because if you are I would bet good money that except for the graphics being nothing to write home about, pretty much everything you said is wrong.

The graphics are even in question only due to the fact that no one out side Respawn has seen the final fidelity.  That includes Alpha testers.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Mathadar

The graphics are even in question only due to the fact that no one out side Respawn has seen the final fidelity.  That includes Alpha testers.

The good old "this is only beta, wait for the official release which will be so different and so much better" statement.

Harbinger of Fools
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Damn it... I was really hyped for Titanfall..

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by grndzro

"EA came done hard on DICE"? Isn't that like the left hand slapping the right hand for misspelling a word? ;)

EA owns DICE and therefore is responsible for whatever DICE produces. It is a simple matter of managing QUALITY CONTROL over its INTERNAL developers....something EA fails do well if at all.

As to BF4, I have not encountered the problems that many say they have. Yes, there WERE problems at the beginning that should have been addressed BEFORE launch. However, EA/DICE have solved the ones that I saw at that time. I really don't see problems (for me) going forward.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    nothing about Titanfall interests me

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD
    nothing about Titanfall interests me

Then you must not like VIDEO GAMES BRO!!!!

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• thunXathunXa Member UncommonPosts: 34

hey,

reply here if you got an invite / key for the beta starting this weekend...

So i know i missed the first wave.. cant wait.