Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Exclusive Pre-Alpha Gameplay Footage Revealed

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

This is footage we took off-screen from Behaviour Interactive's studio in Montreal. It's pre-alpha footage for an early unfinished look at how the game's combat will play. Bear in mind that all of the "grayboxes" you see are just placeholders for art assets to come, but that you can already see how responsive and frenetic the combat is this early on. Enjoy!

Eternal Crusade Game Page -http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/ga...

NOTE: The handsome mug you keep seeing popping in and out of frame is none other than our own Garrett Fuller, who visited the Montreal Behaviour Interactive studio. The audio on the original track was a bit wonky, so we dubbed over it with music from the studio and Bill Murphy's lovely tones. Garrett's currently writing another article on his impressions of the game for next week. Cheers!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

'Bout time, geez.

*watching*

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

thank you!

not expressing my opinion since its pre-alpha!- but enjoying every footage!

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Well the combat looks kinda cool, too early to say anything else about the game
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

looks good for pre alpha.

Although im not fan of action combat.

I prefere oldschool tab targeting

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

After the incredible, near-perfect animations of Space Marine, Behavior Interactive will have quite a challenge ahead of them to not be considered inferior to the Space Marine multiplayer right out of the gate. Even though Space Marine only had peer-to-peer multiplay, it was of such an incredible quality level that I worry for Behavior's foreign imitation title.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Where's the kickstarter link?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I have a feeling this won't be the direction of the game, but I wish the fighting would be on the same epic scale as Planet Side 1 and 2 and not smaller separate BGs or arenas.  I know this is only alpha, and I have no idea what the devs final vision is for this game, but I really do hope they think of "massive" battles with 100's of players and vehicles that would be worthy of a true WH40K game and not just something more akin to Kill Team.  I guess we will see though.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• malratsmalrats Member UncommonPosts: 21

Wait, this game is PvP only, deathmatch style?

Why did I think this was a PvE MMO? Damn...

• AtohAtoh Member UncommonPosts: 107

The scale will indeed be at least as large as planetside. They are talking about having the entire continent be seamless.

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185
    We already knew the game would take influence from Space Marine, so this video shows nothing except that they have a lot of work to do. I'm hoping that little arena is just their developer testing area too.
  • MrJimLaheyMrJimLahey Member Posts: 24
    This literally looks just like Space Marine.  Not that it's a bad thing. 
  • VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Originally posted by malrats

Wait, this game is PvP only, deathmatch style?

Why did I think this was a PvE MMO? Damn...

there will be open world PvP, not just scenarios, also there will be PvE events runing.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    For pre-alpha it looks very good ... from video i'm just afraid mouse is not used to move avatar (and I will never ever play again with that disgusting, inefficient wasd combination, just I can not understand how could I for years before) but to execute.
  • loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    confirmed i own too the SpaceMarine from THQ and the movement mechanics are EXACTLY the same ..! also the map meshes have the same feeling of a closed arena-battlefield ...

that means in a realistic way they showed us nothing ...

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    jetpack is too big, fix now before you get a whiny player base breathing down your throat

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    Looks so much like space marine.... which is a good thing. Space Marine Meshed with Planetside 2 would be amazing.