Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Big Names Added to Game Cast

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bethesda and Zenimax have announced the voice actors who will bring Elder Scrolls Online to life. Actors include John Cleese, Linda Carter (reprising her Skyrim role) and Malcolm McDowell.

The Elder Scrolls Online ensemble includes Academy Award nominee John Cleese ("A Fish Called Wanda," "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"), Golden Globe winner Bill Nighy ("Pirates of the Caribbean"), Kate Beckinsale ("The Aviator," "Pearl Harbor"), Alfred Molina ("Spider-Man 2") and Golden Globe nominees Michael Gambon ("Harry Potter"), and Malcolm McDowell ("A Clockwork Orange"). In addition, Lynda Carter (“Wonder Woman”) returns to the Elder Scrolls series to reprise her role from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. 

The Elder Scrolls Online cast also includes:

• Peter Stormare (“Fargo”) plays Jorunn the Skald King, an unexpected monarch who led his people into an unlikely alliance.

• Jim Ward ("WALL·E," "Despicable Me 2") voices Mannimarco, a renegade High Elf wizard exiled from the realm for raising the dead and the world’s most powerful necromancer.

• Jennifer Hale appears in the role of Lyris Titanborn, a Nord half-giant, who, along with the Prophet, aids the player on their journey..

• Kevin Michael Richardson rounds out the cast as Sai Sahan a noble martial artist and master swordsman. 

Read more about Elder Scrolls Online.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    Interesting to know how much money was spent on what I skip just to play the game. 
  • OntblodOntblod Member UncommonPosts: 195

Well I will play this as an Elder scrolls game so I wont skip anything....I will drain myself in every little detail and word. :P

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Malcolm McDowell

Malcolm McDowell

Malcolm McDowell

Malcolm McDowell

Malcolm McDowell

Malcolm McDowell...

sub justified!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I never skip through any conversations in an elder scrolls game, they are to me one of the best aspects of the series.
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Seems to be more and more reminiscent of swtor

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Otakun
    Interesting to know how much money was spent on what I skip just to play the game. 

If you're skipping the narrative in an RPG, you're missing the point.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    I never skip through any conversations in an elder scrolls game, they are to me one of the best aspects of the series.

+1

Now imagine having to read EVERY spoken quest in ESO. Rubbish. ;)

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Hurray voice acting! Something... that really has no effect on the game outside polish on an area a good majority of MMo players don't really care about... *facepalm*

At least its good for a polish standpoint? 

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Hurray voice acting! Something... that really has no effect on the game outside polish on an area a good majority of MMo players don't really care about... *facepalm*

abviously you have no design backround. or work ethic?

one never delivers an unpolished product unless your just ' lazy'

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    Skipping the dialogue in a RPG...oh boy
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Important to someone who only cares about the MMO in MMORPG?  Probably not.  Important to someone who cares about the RPG?  Probably.

The Force shall free me.

Originally posted by CazNeerg

If you're skipping the narrative in an RPG, you're missing the point.

Welcome to the MMO world. 

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

the money they wasted on getting these has beens should have been put into the game in a much more relative manner. No one gives a shit about who is voicing these NPCs.

If there is an option 95% of the people playing skip it, and after the first go through 100% of the people skip any dialogue.

I would also say more than half the people this game is trying to target have never even heard of these people. I am 45 and even I was young when they were actually relevant.

200 million dollar budget, and we see where too much of it went with his article.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    Skipping dialogue in an rpg is like skipping the paintingd in a picasso museum...
    Originally posted by orbitxo

[mod edit]

I don't play TSW cause it has terribly boring combat. If I only cared about story and graphics then I'd watch a movie, not play a video game. 

Originally posted by Nemesis7884
    Skipping dialogue in an rpg is like skipping the paintingd in a picasso museum...

It's an MMORPG, if you want the single player experience that is your choice but not everyone does. 

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

Its not a questions of skipping it.  Its the point they spent big money to hire these people for something trivial. Even assuming everyone listens to the voice acting the first run through, this is an mmo.  How fewer people will listen on their 2nd, 3rd, etc alt?

Wouldn't you think, its a better idea to spend the money on things people will be doing all the time on every character they make?

I like swtor's main questline being voice acted. I didn't need every quest done. I didn't need well known people, just actors who can do their lines.

This isn't even about polish. Its using big names to get more people to buy the product.

Originally posted by Ryowulf

This isn't even about polish. Its using big names to get more people to buy the product.

I completely agree. 

Originally posted by cura
    Originally posted by Nemesis7884

It's an MMORPG, if you want the single player experience that is your choice but not everyone does. 

if you want mmo withot rpg go play planetside 2.

Or I could just play the game the way I want without someone telling me I'm doing it wrong. 

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    [mod edit]

That doesn't really make sense. The story is a large aspect of an MMORPG.  If you dont like story you really dont belong in this genre.  What you're doing is basically like going onto a football(soccer) forum and telling everyone that restricting use of your hands is dumb and everyone is is doing it wrong. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by cnutemp

That doesn't really make sense. The story is a large aspect of an MMORPG.  If you dont like story you really dont belong in this genre.  What you're doing is basically like going onto a football(soccer) forum and telling everyone that restricting use of your hands is dumb and everyone is is doing it wrong. 

That's not really true.

You can have an mmo with absolutely no story. Just player interaction.

It's just that recent mmo's have capitalized on the story part.

unless you are thinking about the setting or lore. Which many players don't care about any way.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    [mod edit]

Story is an aspect of an RPG. Character progression and player interaction is the defining aspect to an MMORPG. If story is alls you care about there are plenty of single player ES games already but an MMO is a whole different genre. 

It's an MMORPG, if you want a multiplayer experience with no story that is your choice, but not everyone does.

Originally posted by Ryowulf

I completely agree. 

It's not just about using big names, it's also about using people who can actually do quality voice acting.  Look at Skyrim, most of the NPCs in that game are a prime example of how poorly done voice acting is worse than no voice acting at all.

Originally posted by Sovrath

That's not really true.

You can have an mmo with absolutely no story. Just player interaction.

It's just that recent mmo's have capitalized on the story part.

You can have a MMO with no story, this is true.  If you want it to be a MMORPG, it needs a story.

The Force shall free me.

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Being serious? Can't remember the last MMO i played that had a story i gave two shits about. Single player rpgs have great story because you typically see or feel the consequences of your actions. Not some fake instance that nobody but you sees ala MMO.
  • RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208

To me, the fact that ESO has these big names doing voice overs, doesnt mean "ohh they wasted alot of the budget on fluff, useless fluff", rather it signals that they are going above what is expected, and adding that extra touch to make it a great game. The trolls and haters can moan all they want, this doesnt detract money from other areas, this adds on top of what would have been anyway. 

Haters gonna hate, the rest of us will enjoy a fine game with some really good voice over.