Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The giant game that still gets no notice

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

FFXi already has the msot content of any mmorpg and is still adding more,it is jsut crazy to think so many talk of games that have so little content while FFXI has tons to do.

They have recently added TRUST NPC's,this allows you to basically make your own solo party.Yes i know it detracts fro mthe MMO player>player experience but there are a lot of people who like to solo and this allows them to get the group feeling even though alone.

You can summon up to 3 TRUST NPC's and your npc fellow giving you basically 5 players.

The reason it is such a valuable piece of content and why i support it is because at this juncture there are a lot less players about and getting the help you want when you want can be really tough.If this were a brand new game,then i would say no,keep it to real players but this content and the added ability to play as a creature just adds more fun stuff to do in FFXI.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Do they still charge you monthly for more than one character slot? Do they still delete your avatars after 6 months if you stop your subscription? Do they still have that convoluted mess of a registration system spread across more than one company/website?
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Consti2tionConsti2tion Member UncommonPosts: 20

The Trust system while, unique, is not new. D&D Online has had a system like this since the original D&D online released.

Anyway, most gamers these days have very short attention spans and only want to play something that is Shiny and new. No amount of attention will help get a game like FFXI out of its current player situation.

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Grunty
    Do they still charge you monthly for more than one character slot? Do they still delete your avatars after 6 months if you stop your subscription? Do they still have that convoluted mess of a registration system spread across more than one company/website?

Yes, they still charge for more then one,  No they don't delete your characters and haven't for the last six years now I wanna say,  yes the registration is still ridiculous with two to three types of passwords and a key code but all on same website.

Trust system is no different then having Guild Wars 1 NPC's in your party but they are really smart with the jobs they have.    The quest for it is simple and only takes twenty mins for the first few, and about an hour to get the rest of them.

I think this helps a lot if you cant find someone to do content with...   I prefer people but people are lacking in this game when it comes down to trying to get help for progression. 

When I quit this game it was really really lacking in help for progression,  I just up and quit because there was no one to help on crap to get to end game as a maxed 99 level player.

In fact I look back to almost all the content in this game and can say...   No one helped me with crap in the game.   People act like your a troll if you shoult small talk in the game also which is pretty silly.  

They have made everything soloable now though.   Most of the missions no longer have caps and can be solo'd,   Dynamis is soloable and is like doing a dungeon run but solo.   Surpising enough, you can be in Dynamis every single day for an hour or more, which is quite a fun daily to do.