Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Check Out Our Exclusive Prototype Footage

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

This is a look at the "proof of concept" demo for Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade that  Behaviour Interactive used to show staff, publishers, and so forth. This shows off the team's loyalty to the IP, the over-the-shoulder view, and the scope of the environments. Reminder, it's just a prototype! Our actual in-game gameplay video will be coming tomorrow, from the Pre-Alpha version of the game. Sorry to tease, but approvals take time!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• giggalgiggal Member UncommonPosts: 120

from the footage it looks as if you got the style about right for a warhammer game and I understand its only a prototype.

But to really pull of a warhammer 40k game they need to not go down the whole "good" vs "evil" 2 teams approach.

Warhammer 40k is all about everyone against everyone else and any deviation or so called "truce between elder tau and imperium" against "chaos orcs and dark elder" will be a catastrophe.

Keep it fast keep it fun but for the love of god do not compare like for like. warhammer has never been a like for like comparison its always been about tactics vs style :)

• DreyderDreyder Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by giggal

But to really pull of a warhammer 40k game they need to not go down the whole "good" vs "evil" 2 teams approach.

They aren't doing that ...

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Looking promising. Can't wait for the gameplay footage. 
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by giggal

from the footage it looks as if you got the style about right for a warhammer game and I understand its only a prototype.

Warhammer 40k is all about everyone against everyone else and any deviation or so called "truce between elder tau and imperium" against "chaos orcs and dark elder" will be a catastrophe.

Keep it fast keep it fun but for the love of god do not compare like for like. warhammer has never been a like for like comparison its always been about tactics vs style :)

They aren't doing that at all...

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166

Four sides to start:  Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar and Orks.

Orks will be Free to Play, hopefully drawing a lot of people to give them the numerical edge they will need.

Players can "graduate" to the other races; each race has a very different feel, with the possible exception of Space  Marines/ CHaos Marines.

Other races potentially forthcoming, like Tau, Imp Guard, Dark Eldar, maybe even Necrons.

T

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

The dev staff has very little experience with MMO's.  Good that they might not repeat others mistakes, bad that they might.

Can't get too excited since Games workshop could step in and mess this up, they have with everything else.

Who knows, they might surprise us, but better to not get your hopes up too high.

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Looks great i think the game is in good hands. GW has changed last year as far as game licensing goes so maybe theyll smart up and let Behaviour do their job.
  • ElboneElbone Member UncommonPosts: 87
    The animation looks smooth and feels good to the eye. Can't wait to see combat.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

just let out a loud 'yelp' and work-lol

nice to see this footage- smooth, clean, great colors. iam hoping that the combat feels like space marines through the campaign = lots of blood !!!!!

but looks great! thanks for sharing!

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    looks good for early gameplay. Animations lacks a lot of weight and momentum but the world looks really good.

This have been a good conversation

• wheatlanwheatlan Member Posts: 1
    Except for the guys working on this game all got laid off from FunCom after working on TSW
  • machajasmachajas Member UncommonPosts: 47

GW licensing WH40k is good and bad, on one hand they will make sure the visuals and "rules" of WH40k are followed to the letter (I still remember the case from Warhammer Online where Mythic had to remodel one of Choppa's helmets, because it had 4 horns and looked damn awesome... after remodel it had only 2 horns), but it can be really tightening for the devs...

But so far so good :) Do I finally get to get around with jumppack without fear that they'll take it off me behind next corner?

I also think that Orcs for free is quite clever touch.

Born from blood,
    trained to kill,
    ready to die,
    but never will!

• JulkulaJulkula Member Posts: 21
    Orks aren't fully free. Only basic class Orks Boys is f2p (and with some restriction). To play more badass orks you still must buy the game.
  • cprikcprik Member UncommonPosts: 38
    It looks exactly like the game "spacemarine", wich is good!