It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Many people talk about that "Perfect" MMO they are waiting for, you know, the one that will be the "King" of MMO's and flat out destroy every MMO before it. There is an issue here though, devs seem to not know this exact "Recipe" of features to create that "Perfect" MMO. Most of the time, I'm not sure even we know what that recipe is.
So for the fun of it (and the fact I haven't seen any posts regarding this, at least recently) here is a list of features that I would like to see in an MMO.
Feel free to post your own list as well. I am just curious to see what others come up with for their "Perfect List".
Here is mine....
1. Massive world with no loading screens (Other than maybe going from continent to continent)
2. Free form Skill Leveling. Being able to train into anything you want on just one character. (Kind of like Runescape)
3. Action Combat, but with a ton of abilities to choose from. (Since it would be free form Leveling, a list of abilities for each combat thing you "Train" into)
4. Real-time Training. (Sorry EVE, but I enjoy physically working towards a goal rather than waiting)
5. A PvP area that matters. This doesn't have to be forced onto players (Kind of like Runescapes Wilderness)
6. Drop most items on Death, imo this makes PVE a much more engaging experience and the rewards that much greater.
7. Medieval/Fantasy Setting or simply just Star Wars...but with playable Wookies n such that start on their home world. (Sorry SWTOR, you missed the board entirely here..managed to make a Star Wars game without it feeling Star Wars(e)..at least imo)
8. Housing, because we can.
9. 3D, not trying to be super-realistic possibly closer to WoW graphics, but just a more "Detailed" approach.
10. Different Starting Areas and Races to choose from.
12. A server list where you can go server to server and every character is in the same "Existence" of a game. (Runescape style)
13. Crafting creates some of the best gear and it requires that gear to get even better gear. Crafting being useful for all levels rather than just endgame. ( I guess Runescape hits this the closest again...)
14. Minigames. Not just a simple side distraction but with some depth to it. (Runescape style.......I'm noticing a trend in my list)
15. Quests that feel more than just killing things. An actual story and massive difficulty curves on some of them. (Runescape Style, but with more "Depth/Serious Story" I suppose)
16. The most important part of this. Make a world where leveling isn't a linear quest grind. Where "Endgame" only exists for those that have put much dedication into the MMO. Where every level of content is kind of intertwined within the world (Worlds) so you have to figure out the best places to go.
TL:DR - It seems I want an MMO that combines the leveling/minigame/crafting system of Runescape, Combat of Wildstar, a bit of sandbox with more detailed WoW graphics placed into the Star Wars IP that has multiple races and starting areas. My body is ready.
(I didn't realize how much I just wanted a better Runescape)
Again, this is only for the fun of it.
(And for that ultimately small chance a Dev will accidentally click on MMORPG.com and then again on this thread while accidentally reading it, while thinking of spending Millions of dollars on a project that could likely fail. One can only hope.)
I could probably go on forever with this list, but I wont . I'm more than interested in hearing ideas from other people and finding out if I missed anything major on my own list that I would love to see.
- Have a good time and hope you are able to fully enjoy the MMO's we do have