Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

World of Tanks: 1.1 Million Russian Tanks Rumble Into Game at the Same Time

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,613MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Wargaming.net has announced that it has set a new concurrent user record with over 1.1 million Russian players taking part in World of Tanks mayhem. The record was set on the Russian server cluster on January 19, 2014.

"In 2013, we put a great amount of effort into growing World of Tanks, enriching it with new gameplay features and content,” said Andrei Yarantsau, VP of Publishing at Wargaming. "Tankmen on the Russian servers all play at different times of the day and although their overall number has long since surpassed several million daily active users, the PCCU has been hovering around 900,000 gamers for the past few months. Finally, we’ve breached the one million mark. We are set to scale even greater heights with considerable improvements planned for World of Tanks in 2014”.

Read the full press release on the Wargaming.net site.

Find out more about World of Tanks.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• ITPalgITPalg Why, CAPosts: 256Member

Until a game can seamlessly incorporate 1.1 million users together I really don't give a damn how many players are connected through a company's servers.

WoT matching is nothing new. Quake, Half-Life>CS>TFC>TF2, etc all have had about 30 players per match just like WoT and no one ever called them MMOG's, yet people have warped/corrupted the term to include games like WoT, MOBAs, etc.

There is nothing "massive" about playing with 30 people at a time. The first "massive" experience I ever had was back in about 1999/2000 with NovaLogic's Delta Force 2 and Land Warrior multiplayer with 60-80 people in a match. Even then, you still are not playing with the other hundreds and thousands of other people connected. 

insert appropriate forum signature here for the terrible signature functions that can't be figured out.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,148Member Uncommon
    Crazy, but cool, this is a very fun game.  I still play it off and on.

• RocknissRockniss Youngstown, OHPosts: 1,034Member
    I just downloaded WoT last week. It's fun. It doesn't matter how many people are in the match it would be fun one on one.
  • SinfulChrisSinfulChris , NYPosts: 31Member Uncommon
    Having Russians swarm a game is a good thing now? Guess I'll stay in my perception grown via Dota.
  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

Well its nice they had over 1 million people logged into the game lobby :)

I am taking a month off from WOT as I got really bored of only playing with bad teams..