Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft: Start Your Clients! Open Beta Arrives!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard has announced that the open beta for its online trading card game, Hearthstone, has officially kicked off. Players are invited to download the new client and to check out some of the new features included for the open beta.

If you haven’t already checked out what’s new with Hearthstone these days, here are some of the latest features that have gone into the game during our closed beta test:

• New Ranked Play Mode – Ranked play has a new face, with month long seasons and the goal of reaching Rank 1, The Innkeeper

• Players Near Me Feature – You can now opt-in to seeing other Hearthstone players on your local network in your friends list

• Recently Played Opponent Feature – Your friends list now displays the last person you played against that isn’t already in your Friend’s list, so that you can friend them for future duels

Head to the Hearthstone site for more information before getting started.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

close beta shows that is a good game. Very polished.

However, gameplay is always the same and game gets boring fast. Hope Blizz will deliver new cards and game modes soon.

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     Much much better CCG out there .. this one falls way short .... 
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Can see why people like it, but too much luck involved. Ah well, it should make Blizzard about another 50 billion dollars or so before its popularity wanes.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Played for a bit in CB and lost interest pretty fast.  It's fun initially but it lacks depth and got boring quick.  Having played Hex also I can say that one looks and felt a lot more promising - at least in my opinion.
  • TerminalDeityTerminalDeity Member UncommonPosts: 133

Been playing for months, and it is deceptively deep. I initially wrote it off as being one-dimensional, but there are many more layers to gameplay than are initially apparent.

I like Hex as well, but it is a buggy disaster in it's current state. They have a LONG way to go.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Great game but there is some balance issues in classes and some neutral cards.

currently paladin class is very OP. there been buffs and nerfs patches... just like in WoW... one class is better next month when another is nerfed.

u get only 1 daily quest every day, there is not really any point play game more then doing daily quest. winning 3 game give 10 gold, u need 100g buy card pack that has 5 random card.

oh and tis is not luck and skill game, more like Random and math.

• srsnoobsrsnoob Member Posts: 44
    Time to crush some noobs haha.
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

Great game, very fun.  Been playing since closed beta.

It's not as deep as Magic The Gathering or Might and Magic: Duel Of Champions for those wondering, but as I said its fun and a great game. DoC and MTG are 2 you should check out if you are looking for deeper gameplay.  Looking forward to trying out HEX!!! 

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    -____- sigh this video = PR bullcrap

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Is it IP blocked to europe ?

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by bbbb42
    -____- sigh this video = PR bullcrap

that's cus it a PR video.

I like the sound of some of the potential PvE features to be added such as raids which I can only assume be would along the lines of choose a dungeon and then you'll have x number of NPC boss battles to fight, bosses have some unique cards and hero powers and you get loot based on your performance and the chance of a super rare card to drop.

PvE is where HS is lacking at the moment IMHO.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

def. a fun tablet /mobile game! tower/monitor?-not so much.

its def a great game! although i noticed the article says 'online trading card game'. is one able to ' trade ' cards with other online players?

i played solo in beta - so...

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555
    Is there going to be a player wipe or will it saves stuff bought at the shop?

no planned wipes
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

Originally posted by momodig
    Is there going to be a player wipe or will it saves stuff bought at the shop?

There won't be any wipes happening again from what I've read on the forums from Bliz themselves.