Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VIP hurt my performance:(

bebopdrumsbebopdrums Member UncommonPosts: 168

Hi all! So, i know this sounds really wierd, but i think the vip upgrade hurt my performance. I was playing the game at graphics MAXED out, totally great, not a hitch in gameplay at all. In fact i was enjoying the game so much i decided to buy the upgrade! WEll, i did so, and i relogged and my gameplay was just terrible!! Totally sluggish! Is this a product of VIP? I cant even imagine that it would, but theres no other explanation! If this is the truly the case i cant believe it and im really super bummed, im quite enjoying my time in lotro...

any advice, help, similar experience...??

thanks

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Extraordinarily unlikely.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Darkarai79Darkarai79 Member Posts: 39
    im gonna assume something is running and you're not aware of it.
  • bebopdrumsbebopdrums Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Extraordinarily unlikely.

what could it possibly be?? One second its great, then i upgrade to vip, then my gameplay is like molasses. im talking seriously noticeable decrease in performance....

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Could it be that F2P streams content as you unlock it wheras VIP tries to update all the content available while you play?

If the game is downloading in the background it could be affecting your performance.  See if there is an option to disable in-game streaming.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

I'm not a programmer or anything but as someone who habitually tweaks their system & game files for max performance, I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, don't think upgrading your account status has, or would have affected your game performance. I've never heard of such a thing, and I don't know how that could even be possible.

Try tech support I guess, but definitely reboot your PC and check for malware, defrag your hard drive, and all that good stuff first.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• bebopdrumsbebopdrums Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by evilastro

Could it be that F2P streams content as you unlock it wheras VIP tries to update all the content available while you play?

If the game is downloading in the background it could be affecting your performance.  See if there is an option to disable in-game streaming.

does vip download in the background? how can i view this option or is there a UI notification that content is downloading? Is there content thats added when you buy VIP?