Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst Game Ever

DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
Don't waste your money or time, truely a terrible game. It's rotten to the concept and breeds greifers. Yes I know this is alpha but I promise it's not going to get any better, its a marketing trick they all use "Open Beta" means live release you pay for and we will fix the bugs later. Alpha like this means no one would fund us so please help pay for development.

Comments

• C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Originally posted by remsleep

I think that's a bit harsh criticism.

However Rust is not a MMO - it's a MOG (multiplayer online game) as each user can host a server.

It doesn't belong on this site, otherwise DAYZ mod should be here too or any other game where users can fire up servers.

There are plenty of games on this site that aren't "MMOs", 

Also...here ya go : http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/834

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I would mostly agree with the expressed preferences against the whole open world pvp thing, but Rust is sitting in Steam's Top 10 right now for concurrent players, above DayZ. 'Worst Game Ever' doesn't seem to apply.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by lizardbones

I would mostly agree with the expressed preferences against the whole open world pvp thing, but Rust is sitting in Steam's Top 10 right now for concurrent players, above DayZ. 'Worst Game Ever' doesn't seem to apply.

I would agree with that Steam top 10 assessment.

Rust seems to be better than DayZ at this stage because of a) the building and crafting element and b) the movements

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by darkhigh
    Don't waste your money or time, truely a terrible game. It's rotten to the concept and breeds greifers. Yes I know this is alpha but I promise it's not going to get any better, its a marketing trick they all use "Open Beta" means live release you pay for and we will fix the bugs later. Alpha like this means no one would fund us so please help pay for development.

So you are saying a game with open world PvP and full loot,  breeds griefers??!

This is shocking!!    Hurry everyone , warn your friends!!

Man, do I love this game!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    Originally posted by Boneserino

Think you are missing the point as my previous post mentions. Designing a game specifically for greifing with no way to combat it is in fact a horrible game design. I think pretty much all open world PvP games with full loot have proven... Mortal Online, Darkfall and so on. It's ok, Garry can make his game any way he wishes, I know I won't support it any further till more fair mechanics are implemented.

There is no way to combat it.    People just think there is.

Go ahead and try but as soon as you do people wil complain it is too limiting or that it is unbalanced etc. 

Its the PvP wet dream,   but every day you are still going to wake up with damp sheets.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

I find it amusing that while the OP says that Rust is the "worst game ever" I personally think this is the most fun I've had with a game in over ten years.

I myself miss the PvP of the Darktide server on Asheron's Call way back from like 1999 to 2003 or so. I also loved the PvP servers Mordred and Andred I think they were called on Dark Age of Camelot. Not since those two epic games have I had this much fun with a PvP game.

And to say that you must be a griefer to like a game like this is also nonsense. I am in no way a griefer and hate the griefers and cheaters. But a game like this gives me the opportunity to kick their arse. It's epic fun.

- Zaxx

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by Boneserino

Think you are missing the point as my previous post mentions. Designing a game specifically for greifing with no way to combat it is in fact a horrible game design. I think pretty much all open world PvP games with full loot have proven... Mortal Online, Darkfall and so on. It's ok, Garry can make his game any way he wishes, I know I won't support it any further till more fair mechanics are implemented.

I could be missing something here, but isn't it possible that there are people who want a game that specifically allows griefing?  Say people who played Mortal Online, and were cool with the idea, but were tired of the game's glitches, exploits and overall bad quality?  What about people who played Darkfall, but don't want to pay a sub, and who found Darkfall's lack of griefing no fun?

If posts on these boards are any indication, there are people for who a game that not only doesn't impede griefing but that encourages it has a market.  It may be a market that no one wants to touch because it's an icky market, but if that market exists, then someone can provide a product for it.  Maybe Rust is that product, and Garry will make another mint from it.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185

Designing a game specifically for greifing with no way to combat it is in fact a horrible game design. I think pretty much all open world PvP games with full loot have proven... Mortal Online, Darkfall and so on. It's ok, Garry can make his game any way he wishes, I know I won't support it any further till more fair mechanics are implemented.

I have to agree with this. Also, the fact that it is #1 currently on the top-sellers on Steam while in Early Access is ridiculous. Especially when the little blue box says:

“We are in very early development. Some things work, some things don't. We haven't totally decided where the game is headed - so things will change. Things will change a lot. We might even make changes that you think are wrong. But we have a plan. It's in our interest to make the game awesome - so please trust us.”

People will buy anything it seems.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Souinds like the OP didn't put the lotion on his skin and got the hose.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

-- SSR Savage RP/Wiped1-21/No Military Guns/Sleepers/PVP/Extend
    Connection Info: 69.162.82.2:28055
    Rust++ Extended Day&Night 

M4's just don't belong in Rust. Come battle it out with Pipe Shotguns, Revolvers, Bolt Actions,Hand Cannons, Bows, Hatchets, and Explosive Charges Only.

Commence to Jiggling!

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by lugal

I don't know why, but this comment made me just about do a spit take.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by remsleep

I think that's a bit harsh criticism.

However Rust is not a MMO - it's a MOG (multiplayer online game) as each user can host a server.

It doesn't belong on this site, otherwise DAYZ mod should be here too or any other game where users can fire up servers.

Rust seems to be more persistent than a normal MMORPG.   When I log out, my body is still there, sleeping with all it's loot.  People can kill me if I'm not in a protected, locked shelter and loot my stuff while I'm sleeping in real.   THAT is true PvP that many of the "hardcore PvPers" have been looking for.

And the OP is right in that it is ripe with griefers and people that are general dicks.   However, it's by no means a "worst game ever" (that goes to Infestation -formerly known as The War Z- and it's ilk).     There's plenty of opportunities to find people to join with and faction up with via bribes, providing protection, and so on.   I've already met and befriended 6 people on my server that all have a mutual understanding of 'kill everyone else but never shoot one of us'.  

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Kaneth
    Originally posted by lugal

I don't know why, but this comment made me just about do a spit take.

It a semi common thing peeps find noob shacks and build a compound around them holding them prisoner. Lugal it seems does so while quoting Buffalo Bill.

as far as the game goes.  I'm having a blast though I play on a care bear server.  Our version of Pvp is whom can build the biggest phallus ;)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• NineFuriesNineFuries Member Posts: 33

So OP got griefed in a pvp game?  Apparently he didn't read the disclaimer before jumping on this ride.  

"Worst game eva!"  Dude relax, take your add meds and play something else then?

Perhaps if you did the eeny teeny slightest bit of searching you might find that there is in fact a great deal of no pvp servers.

While I tend to agree on the idea that it is bogus to pay for early release games which don't have an "official" release till years later, the money trail is showing that this is the way to go for devs and the people are shoveling out their cash hand over fist for these games on steam so early release games are only going to increase alot more.

Now aside from the hacking which is being dealt with, it is possible to have loads of fun with this game which is simply not gonna happen with the linear hand held games being pumped out like mickey D's french fries these days.  Join a low pop server I would say with about 20-30 active players max and you can build your base, make some friends and enemies and enjoy what this game has to offer.  

Perhaps when they make the map alot bigger it will be possible to have more people on the server without getting your base raided constantly.  Also finding the right spot and hiding your base correctly will save you alot of grief.  You really have to act like a ninja and use your brain to work around all the KOS base raiding bandits which I find immensely fun.

I have spent hours on some low pop servers and gave a helping hand to some noobs who end up becoming my allies and we work together to build our bases and keep them hidden and then when the time is right we go out on the prowl.  You really can create your own fun in this game which I think most gamers, especially the younger generation doesn't know how to do.  These survival type games are kind of a microcosm of human nature and often times it is survival of the fittest.  It is in your best interest to understand that and make your decisions accordingly.

Personally Ive had more fun in this game than any other mmo since age of conan(loved the pvp before craig morrison came along) and any game in the past several years because it gives the players tools which they can choose how to implement.  All for 20$ you really can't beat that.

And this game is way better than dayz at the moment where you cant even build a base or craft much of anything oh and also the combat loggers.  With Rust you have options...which are only going to increase.  There is alot of versatility here and already there are servers which have an economy and money system.  Some even hold pvp hunger game type tournaments!  If you are a pve carebear well there are servers and like minded people for you to play with!  

• StimzStimz Member UncommonPosts: 79
    My guild and I actually really enjoyed Rust, guess some people just have differing opinions, and we do enjoy pvp, so that probably had something to do with it.

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    The Op has now made me want to try this title >:)

• ingphorlasingphorlas Member UncommonPosts: 32

the amount of hackers has gotten better recently and on my server we have active admins that get rid of them quick no clipping hasnt been a problem lately the proximity falling death hack is gone now too

I find the game really addictive really though it can be rough on new players who build shoddily and start on established servers the closer you can come to a fresh wiped server the more likely it will be to get a foothold easier than on an established server

also friends are compulsory in the pvp setting griefing happens psycological warfare happens if you start building beside someones giant base that you dont know you will probably not be living there for long keeping a low profile until you have a decent set up and have teched up and made friends is advisable.

anyway love the game can't wait to see where it goes from where its at. have had more fun in it than i have had in any mmo in recent years

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Personally, I am having a lot of fun in this game at the moment. 
  • Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Worst game ever? I don't think so. I think the worst game ever would be like a ball kicking contest..or see who can nail their penis to a cactus first! Those are bad games.
  • MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405

Count me as enjoying the game.  the constant threat is something I have missed since UO.  When you stop running but still hear footsteps... yeah can't beat that feeling hehe.

Granted the game will have griefers, but a good community can counteract that.  On the server I play on we have a few griefers, but more players that work together.  Some have given up and left, but others have learned, and built better defenses. 

That's what I love about the game though, there is no such thing as safe.  Make your base as awesome as you want, a group of dedicated players can still take you down.  Who you are in game can easily come back to bite you in the bum.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• FateFatalityFateFatality Member UncommonPosts: 93

First il like to point out, Rust is not just a PvP game, if you pay attention at all is survival game , with both PvP and PvE ,and there is few good aspects to rust, building crafting ect ect.

but what this game promotes is bad, from racist to foul mouth talking and rude people, to just out right threats, and enjoyment of trolling people, greifing of other's, and the just out right just enjoy making others angry, to ruin other's experience with a game.

i understand that there is lot nice things about rust, but do not EVER uses excuse its a alpha, its a PvP game, to reflect on its disgusting community. 

To promote the above it says alot about someones mentality someones morals and overall that they able do this extreme behavor in pure enjoyment with no repercussion for there actions.

i know it's a game, but troll mentality is if i can get away with it, i'm safe, we all know if people act they way they do in this community, lot of them would be sitting in hospital , or better not living in world no longer.

this game has seem gatherd worst of worst of gaming community, i honestly thought league of legends was bad , this has taken it to new level. and i'm disgust lot people are blind sided by that, there is no excuse in world to promote such things in any game, but garry is not a smart chap either, from what i can tell from his work he amature just with his work. extremely slopy. 

So what excuse do you guys have to say this is okey , and that its perfectly fine act way these a$$h***s do, i will not stand for this extremely bad community, and i refuse support such disgusting behavor from any playerbase. 

I been thinking about getting my own server and put in some server rules and mechanics in place, something that will change way rust plays feels and overall experience, its work in progress with my script team, as we in pre development , but we will soon show you how game is should be running and how community should act,  hope you enjoy the game. but what i have plan for the rust community will turn it upside down. keep tuned if wanna know, we be doing a video introduction about what we are doing.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415

Think you are missing the point as my previous post mentions. Designing a game specifically for greifing with no way to combat it is in fact a horrible game design.

If you think in terms of "it gets them out of my game", it's wonderful design. For every other title.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Antiquated

Think you are missing the point as my previous post mentions. Designing a game specifically for greifing with no way to combat it is in fact a horrible game design.

If you think in terms of "it gets them out of my game", it's wonderful design. For every other title.

Other titles? What other titles? For somebody that is so obviously shocked by griefing in a survival game its clear the OP has no pvp background.

The Devs already stated that they are working on the hacking problem and better defense against raiding besides building a maze inside your home... until then stay off the official servers.

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    all I can say is ill definately be reading alot more about a game before I blindly dive in next time, this game takes free for all open loot a little too far, to work on a toon for 6 hours than log back in after a 2 hour break to find ALL your stuff gone and your door busted down is just a complete buzz kill, the fact that your stuff is never REMOTELY safe, even when your logged is pretty much terrible, back to DayZ I go, I have a job...IRL.....I dont have the time to start from scratch every night LOL, at least with DayZ all I have to recover is some weapons which can be done in 30 mins, but 5 hours of crafting a resource gathering, down the tubs, the is no version of that in the dictionary that could be called fun.....unless you like dropping your nutsack on the corner of a table with 100 lbs of force fun....I suppose...anyway, enough out of me....maybe if they change some of the lame mechanics ill try it again, otherwise, the got two happy meals out of me.
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby