Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seems pvp warhammer fans will be pleased a lot.

RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Just found this video it looks very interesting and how exactly i want pvp to be.

Take a look then leave a comment.

I think it looks gorgeous

Damn trion is killing us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEjLAiQpMCE

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    No block button...  Combat just not the same without.  Idk I think AAs time was like 3 years ago.  I'm still sure I'll give it a whirl when it gets here but...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • phoenix_genma_kenphoenix_genma_ken Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by RelGn

Just found this video it looks very interesting and how exactly i want pvp to be.

Take a look then leave a comment.

I think it looks gorgeous

Damn trion is killing us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEjLAiQpMCE

you mean the aion pre 1.5

will be happy

i can see all the hardcore aion pvp players moving to archeage

• NenokmagicNenokmagic Member CommonPosts: 1
    In all fairness this type of PvP combat for me personally, seems a bit boring. There simply too much crystal playing, by that moving back and forth using ranged abilities not able to take even the smallest hit. This reminds me so much of LoL that I fear for anything that looks like it. So little real interaction with the world itself, though I did like the part you could use that glider.
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    The things I don't like about AA is the amount of AOE and CC (which I herd got toned down), and the fact that sieges are instanced (hurts the political meta game but understandable why its done). Other than that, the game is good and sandbox.  

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

yeah...stand back and throw ranged attacks, don't dare melee as it is a waste of time. Looks very exciting. /sarcasm.

NEXT!

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91
    Enjoy the safezones ;)
  • dias201dias201 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Boring!!!
  • KeksXKeksX Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Informer80
    Enjoy the safezones ;)

EXACTLY.

PvP in ArcheAge can be extremely FUN, but XLGames is doing NOTHING to keep it that way. In fact, all the recent updates made PvP only worse.

• EigetsuEigetsu Member UncommonPosts: 16
    As big WAR fan, i say WAR is way more better then AA. I am playing currently on russian AA servers and all classes not balanced at all. All success in AA depends  completely on your gear and luck(critical hit random).
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by xpiher
    The things I don't like about AA is the amount of AOE and CC (which I herd got toned down), and the fact that sieges are instanced (hurts the political meta game but understandable why its done). Other than that, the game is good and sandbox.  

Did something chacged about the sieges ? They were open world. 

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

PvP in Archeage from mage perspective: FIREBALL FIREBALL FIREBALL FIREBALL FIREBALL FIREBALL FIREBALL 

PvP in Archeage from archer perspective: hold "Machinegun" ability button till target dies.

PvP in Archeage from bard perspective: hold songs button. Run around doing nothing.

PvP in Archeage from healer perspective: press healing ability, wait 5 seconds doing nothing while cd is finished. Press healing ability again.

PvP in Archeage from melee perspective: stay away from fight while ranged classes do all the job.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Am I missing something?

What does AA pvp have to do w/ warhammer pvp? They are completely different.

While I'm sure AA pvp can be fun, it doesn't look even remotely close to what WAR was / was trying to do. RvR is all about objective-based pvp, with small skirmishes, brawls, duels, etc. thrown into the mix, and large-scope strategy. I know AA has sieges, but it's all instances from what I understand. There's no larger scope to it.

Atm, while I'm sure AA will be a fun game, the pvp looks more like what I'd expect from early Aion / TERA. Smaller-scale, open world brawls or GvG. Which, again, can be fun, but I personally don't find it anywhere near as satisfying as RvR.

• Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

PvP in Archeage from mage perspective: FIREBALL FIREBALL FIREBALL FIREBALL FIREBALL FIREBALL FIREBALL 

PvP in Archeage from archer perspective: hold "Machinegun" ability button till target dies.

PvP in Archeage from bard perspective: hold songs button. Run around doing nothing.

PvP in Archeage from healer perspective: press healing ability, wait 5 seconds doing nothing while cd is finished. Press healing ability again.

PvP in Archeage from melee perspective: stay away from fight while ranged classes do all the job.

Exactly THIS!

PvP in ArcheAge is boring as hell ^^

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by aesperus

Am I missing something?

What does AA pvp have to do w/ warhammer pvp? They are completely different.

While I'm sure AA pvp can be fun, it doesn't look even remotely close to what WAR was / was trying to do. RvR is all about objective-based pvp, with small skirmishes, brawls, duels, etc. thrown into the mix, and large-scope strategy. I know AA has sieges, but it's all instances from what I understand. There's no larger scope to it.

Atm, while I'm sure AA will be a fun game, the pvp looks more like what I'd expect from early Aion / TERA. Smaller-scale, open world brawls or GvG. Which, again, can be fun, but I personally don't find it anywhere near as satisfying as RvR.

The fact that 6 players can overwhelm 12

• KeksXKeksX Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

Sorry but apparentgly you did not play proper PvP. Of course there are some cookiecutter builds but there is way more than that. And I promise you thaat if you do those things you just mentioned, you will fail miserably.

Also, playing the game with (not even) Lv40 Skillsets where some of the most important skills are missing, with completely uneven gear etc is not helpful either.

Of course ArcheAge PvP is not perfect, but it's defnitely one of the better ones out there.

Let's look at a player-made 3v3 Tournament in KR to show that there is way more in AA PvP than just pressing one button...

One thing you gotta remember here is t hat those "spamming" skills are just a good way of putting out damage easily, but when you actually pay attention a bit you will notice that people will actually do WAY more than that. And the video linked in the OP perfectly showcases a well-thoughtout group vs a random group.

But again: Informer80s point stands. The safezones and everything really fuck with the PvP.