Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is Rift graphics and world?

randomlockrandomlock Member Posts: 5

I am downloading Rift . I have played Guild wars 2 and it was beautiful . So wondering how is the graphics when compare to guild wars 2 , tera and Final fantasy 14 . And what about the map size , Is it as big as guild wars 2 map which is pretty big ?

Also which is the best looking mmorpg game  ??

Comments

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263
    As Remsleep just said is entirely subjective. For me, AoC is still the best looking MMO.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Bland and lifeless, in my eyes.
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    I think the graphics are pretty good, but find the game the opposite of immersive.  Like pretty much every town and major city is tiny and designed just to be as easy as possible to get what you need quickly.  Still I had fun with it, there is plenty to do and it's one of the higher quality theme parks out there.  I just lost interest after a while.  The zone events and invasions are pretty cool, especially in the Storm Legion areas where the events are more varied.
  • Darkarai79Darkarai79 Member Posts: 39
    I havn't been much on lore or stories in the game when i played, but i did read some of it and most zones to follow the lore and stories in the zone. It's a pretty good game but like said above there definitly be bad, good or ok comments on this game lol it's inevitable but im gonna say it was a good game.
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Rift's graphics are comparable but on the highest settings GW2 is probably a bit more detailed. They both have their own style and feel however. I would say that Rift has a more alien feel to it. Rift is zoned but with seemless transitions and with the addition of the two storm legion continents the size is pretty huge. I would say they are close enough in quality that it will come down to your personal preference.

As to the rest of the game, while rift has some very good pvp, it is hard to complete with the sheer scope of WvWvW. As for PvE Rift nails it. The end game is well developed and their feature set is second to none. You never lack for things to do and choices on how to level up.

All die, so die well.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    There is a surefire way to find out...............
  • ViadricViadric Member Posts: 151
    The combat and spell animations for this game are horrible. I just feel so bland when I cast I spell I get no epic feeling because of the lack of animations or colors. Playing as a Dark Thane that is. 
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Originally posted by Viadric
    The combat and spell animations for this game are horrible. I just feel so bland when I cast I spell I get no epic feeling because of the lack of animations or colors. Playing as a Dark Thane that is. 

Which soul is a Dark Thane exactly?

To the OP, I think it depends on your video settings. I run on Ultra or Very High with maxed shaders and terrain so I see a lot of detail that might otherwise be missed. I've seen lots of posts from folks who found a radically different looking game when they upgraded a video card.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I quit a month after launch and have only played briefly since.  I like the art style and graphics.  At the time I quit the world size was extremely too small for my tastes.  But my personal pet peeve with the game and the reason I quit was the animations were downright atrocious and have yet to ever change.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

The graphics are ok, but not top notch.

Design and feel of the world is a different thing, the whole presentation of the game is rather bland. That plus the engine can't keep up with what's going on on screen, resulting in mostly mediocre to low fps, objects popping up into your face and other technical difficulties about it.

While everyone is enjoying world events as 5fps slide shows for 2.5 years, Trion neither has the manpower nor the knowledge to do anything about it. Don't let them Trionmongers tell you otherwise, in fact everyone is waiting for better performance since pre Storm Legion and despite some rather laughable tries to improve overall fps, on most machines it never happened and never will.

• EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91
    if you have a good pc, you'll feast your eyes especially when you see the area for 50+ SL zones

• randomlockrandomlock Member Posts: 5
    I have i5 2400, and 560ti . So i dont think i can play at max quality but high is fine for me. I am playing guild wars 2 and it look phenominal . I just gaze at the beauty and the art of the game . So i am hoping that rift looks very good.
    Thanks for the replies , appreciate it.
  • DreycraftDreycraft Member UncommonPosts: 107
    The environments are pretty good but nothing really makes you go "wow!". The biggest problem with the graphics are the character models and animations. The way they run, walk, fight, cast spells, it all looks horrible. I just don't understand how the developers were happy with the finished product, sometimes I really believe they were just like, "Eh, that's good enough." and released the game. If they spent as much time on these things as they did working on the stellar Ascended Soul System, this game really would be amazing. Stubborn Rift fans will blow this off, but really it is a big deal to a lot of players, it makes it really difficult to get into the game and your character.