Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll - which big name mmo are you most excited for in 2014?

MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
Title says it all - if you choose one that is not listed please post what game you are looking forward to in the comments.

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    My vote was for The Repopulation, however, I am excited for ESO as well. I will play both. EQN not even going to give a second glance, it's a SoE product so it has failed before it has even begun. They got lucky with EQ which wasn't even that good in my opinion.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    wow I'm surprised how few votes EQ is getting.
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    I want wildstar, so much.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

ArcheAge.

I was extremely excited about it once it was announced. However, I completely lost the hype due to lack of information / updates.

I decided to try the game out....

Fricken' sweet! I can't remember the last time I was in awe when venturing into a wide an open vista. It felt like I was the character....  something I had not experienced since SWG. It was nice.

I'm all hyped up again and looking forward to the NA release (much sooner than 6 months according to latest update).

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Margulis
    Title says it all - if you choose one that is not listed please post what game you are looking forward to in the comments.

Your poll is invalid as it does not include "NONE OF THE ABOVE". I don't see ANY of those you listed as being something to get "excited" about.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

It's because it's EQ Landmark. It's not going to be an adventurous world with dynamic events, world pvp, lore, skill systems, etc...

It's just a simple "builders" world. It won't be for everyone.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Destiny and The Division

But I will play ESO since its releasing before them

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

Not too surprised myself. All the information I get on the game is nice and it looks like great ideas, but there is something about a "game within a game" idea for this title that makes me want to wait until I know more and it is released. 

My vote was for ESO! I am soo looking forward to exploring, and seeing all of the Elder Scrolls world that was never shown in the solo games. 

Originally posted by Gruug

Your poll is invalid as it does not include "NONE OF THE ABOVE". I don't see ANY of those you listed as being something to get "excited" about.

So my option of "one that is not listed here" wasn't good enough for you huh?  ;)

• SirPKsAlotSirPKsAlot Member Posts: 224
    voted for ESO, I really want to see how it develops after launch and how they support it with updates and expansions.

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

Excited for EQN!

So my option of "one that is not listed here" wasn't good enough for you huh?  ;)

No, because I have not seen ANY scheduled for 2014 release that look to be "exciting" (whatever that means).

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Wildstar is where I'm putting my focus on for the next little while. I'm looking forward to EQN:L but I feel my play in that will be more sporadic depending on my mood at the time.

No, because I have not seen ANY scheduled for 2014 release that look to be "exciting" (whatever that means).

That's sad, well maybe some day an mmo will come out that is to your liking - so you can learn what it means to be excited.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Warlords of Draenor

Reaper of Souls

Destiny

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

EQN all the way. No box price, no sub fee, sandbox

Not Landmark though, the finished game please

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

For me it has to be the repopulation.. then followed by EQN:L the others on the list will just turn out to be themepark clones with a differen skin and maybe a few different mechanics here and there.. no thanks seen it all before.

• Micro_CutsMicro_Cuts Member UncommonPosts: 38

1. Guild Wars 2

2. Wildstar

• Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244

Wildstar was the game I was looking forward too but after actually watching a lot of pvp and gameplay my interest has kind of dropped off hopefully Ill get to try it may change my mind.

AA would be my second but theres no guarantee that's coming this year.

Landmark well lets see infact cant think of one good thing to write so wont bother also whilst not having anything good to say is in my mind after painfully forcing myself to play most of the last beta test of ESO I wont be bothering with that either.

That's sad, well maybe some day an mmo will come out that is to your liking - so you can learn what it means to be excited.

Oh, I have been in the past. But the latest crop of games just don't offer anything to get excited about. I am currently beta testing one of those you listed and so far there is nothing that is new or different enough to make me really want to play it when it goes live. I am afraid that too many people jump on the HYPE of a game and don't realize until after they start playing it that it is not then next best thing in gaming. Most of what I see out there in the upcoming releases are pretty much using the same concepts that have been around since the early 2000's. In other words, they are using models that they feel are "safe" and don't wish to expand the limits to make something unique. We are getting a lot of cookie-cut game that make look different but are going to play very much like games we have played before.

• ViadricViadric Member Posts: 151
    The guy didn't add the WOW expansion to the poll? 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Excited for? None

Will most likely try all of them. Wildstart and EQN are the ones i would want to play the most but im not subscribing to WS so.... when they go hybrid ill sure take it for a long term ride. Meanwhile im still happy with GW2 and if EQN (whenever it comes out) doesnt become a massive cash grab then that one too.

EDIT: forgot to mention ArcheAge, want to play that too (but not with a sub).

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    ArcheAge. While all on your list look to be fun games in their own rite, none of them have the depth, freedom and complexity of ArcheAge.
  • ViadricViadric Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Hanthos
    ArcheAge. While all on your list look to be fun games in their own rite, none of them have the depth, freedom and complexity of ArcheAge.

Is that the game trion is releasing? 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Viadric
    Originally posted by Hanthos

Is that the game trion is releasing? 

yes they are publishing it. If they censor the NA release then i will pass, thats for sure.