Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you stupid??

...for playing MMOs when all you do is complain about them?

I don't know. Maybe we are all idiots.

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

I myself can still have fun even if all I do is complain. I think it rubbed off on me from my ex wife. I am a chronic complainer and a real negative person now. I enjoy playing games and love life.

I am def. not an idiot so you speak for yourself on that one.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• IDontThinkSoNoIDontThinkSoNo Member UncommonPosts: 57
    "Psychological projection was conceptualized by Sigmund Freud in the 1900s as a defense mechanism in which a person unconsciously rejects his or her own unacceptable attributes by ascribing them to objects or persons in the outside world"
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468

I have feeling that most ppl on these forums dont play any mmo, they just wait for their perfect one :P

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

My mother used to tell me "You'd be absolutely miserable if you didn't have something to b*tch about." She was absolutely correct.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

People watch movies and tv shows while complaining about them in forums as well. I don't consider them stupid for doing so. When you become heavily invested in something, you tend to form strong opinions about it as well. Those that can just take it or leave it usually have a more casual approach to things.

They are both normal aspects of human behavior

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

No. It's just that people don't realize that the real fun is waiting and imagining what the game will be like. When the game comes out, the hype ends.

• SirPKsAlotSirPKsAlot Member Posts: 224
    I don't complain about MMOs, I play them and stick with the ones I like, other people might enjoy something I don't. Except Mortal Online, that game was horribad.

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I'm slowly giving up....mmos are not even mmos anymore. And Wildstar and ESO don't look any better. They maybe ok games but not mmos.

I was thinking about Rust, seemed like a good PvP mmo until I dug in a little deeper with youtubes and decided no.

So am I stupid ?......I was but not now...........I'm Smart :)

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

i play mmos that are fun to me, and don't play those that are no fun.

yea, i know, i am weird :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I wouldn't say stupid but I'd say just need to come to an agreement that [not all MMORPGs] are going to be for you.

Which is very hard to grasp on these forums yet understandable as to why at the same time.(Meaning I know why people don't want to understand that fact.)

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I scored a 1370 on 1997's Standard Aptitude Test.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    No I'm not, my name is Alex.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

http://www.mmorpg.com/disclaimers.cfm#conduct

• Flaming and Personal Attacks
      • MMORPG.com does not tolerate personal attacks on other posters. Please keep your arguments and posts on topic, and argue the ideas and topics of the thread instead of insulting other users.
        Example: Telling someone that you disagree with their argument is tolerated, while calling someone inappropriate names is not.

Oh, the Irony

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    yes
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Dauzqul

No. It's just that people don't realize that the real fun is waiting and imagining what the game will be like. When the game comes out, the hype ends.

I think there is something to be said for that.  For a lot of people the game of anticipation and hype before it's released is a lot more enjoyable than than playing the actual game.  It's kind of like imagining what a new Star Wars movie made over 15 years after the last one would be like than going to the theater and actually seeing it. 

• SirPKsAlotSirPKsAlot Member Posts: 224
    Originally posted by udon
    Originally posted by Dauzqul

I think there is something to be said for that.  For a lot of people the game of anticipation and hype before it's released is a lot more enjoyable than than playing the actual game.  It's kind of like imagining what a new Star Wars movie made over 15 years after the last one would be like than going to the theater and actually seeing it. 

Sorta true. I remember when The Simpsons movie was #1 on IMDB before it was even released. Then when it came out it wasn't even that funny.

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476

tbh,  I dont play them anymore  because I have been spoiled since shadowbane. What game today can you kill another player of any kind and break the items they are wearing if they dont repair them. 

Thats what I want to do is any dummy talking stupid in chat of any kind is to find them and kill them over and over until they stop talking stupid or log off. 

No other game can do that nor will be able to do that ever again, the MMO world is full of people that should have never been playing these types of games and it has changed things to this hold hands sing along dance with your enemy bs that we call mmos today.

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    I bounce around to F2P games right now.  Complaining is human nature.   Nothing is perfect so there is always room to complain lol.
This discussion has been closed.