Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Getting a Hands-On Preview with the Pre-Alpha Gamepla

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

This past week we took a trip up to Behaviour Interactive to get an extremely early look at Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade. Everything you are seeing on the site this week (videos are coming soon!) is literally pre-alpha gameplay footage. It is great that a studio like Behaviour is willing to show us this early gameplay footage. We got to play an early alpha build of the game and here is what we learned…it’s awesome!  But you probably wanted more than that, so read on.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade - Getting a Hands-On Preview with the Pre-Alpha Gameplay.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

sounds promising.

good to hear that this early on it feels tight- i mean the main focus on this game will be pvp- so they will be under 'the microscope' to say on this topic.

its feels much like space marines-as you described -they are onto the correct path, space marine was a blast!

but i will personally be looking into their campaign!!!-my fav part of mmos!-they sure have their work ahead of them!

they have warhammer online refugees, 40k fans, and  FPS vets to please!

itll be a busy year for them !!!

• ZieglerZiegler Member Posts: 159

Need I say.....PIcs or it didnt happen...and videos too!!!!

Looking forward to seeing some stuff.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

OMG!  Yes Yes Yes

Happy Monday!

P.S.

GO ELDAR!

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139
    so more video incoming?

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284

More pics and videos will be coming all week!

:p 
  • WolfravageWolfravage Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Tbh i wanna see gameplay rather then them explaining it cause when they explain it sounds all so facinating , but when the came comes out it could be a huge dissapointment compaired to what they said and it happend to alot of games before where you are pumped of what they said or where you read it on what they are gonna bring in and stuff and when you start playing it end up in a huge dissapointment cause itw as not what you were expecting and on how you thought it would from what you heard or read on sites or magazine so ...
  • turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166

I have to say that Miguel's desire for total transparency between the devs and the fans is refreshing.  In fact, the whole dev team, is not only willing, but actually eager to get opinions and ideas from the fan base.

My hopes for this game have skyrocketed, can't wait to see the next iteration.

Terry

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

I hope the Orcs are still f2p green scum to be summarily butchered!

Show some of that Eldar goodness.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    One dirty tactic after another from these guys. You state clearly "You will see in the footage some alpha play" that did not happen. Second time I been bamboozled by mmorpg today. Grrr.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Bah! Da only REAL fakshun is da ORK fakshun! WAAAGH!!!

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    currently it is only mmo for what I waiting in real
  • SST_2_0SST_2_0 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    So can I still lament way too many heavy weapons and assault in play like in Space Marine?  Kinda get tired of staring up all the time only to have some one with a plasma cannon just blind fire massive explosions.  

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by garrett

More pics and videos will be coming all week!

Dude...hurry bro!  On a side note, GJ with that interview!

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

Whats with the audio? It sounds very staticy which if a person is wearing headphones plays at a frequency that damages the ears.

Pls do not let this audio problem happen. Its not enjoyable, to say the least.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Damn, no real gameplay yet? I need my Warhammer fix!!! CHAOS CONSUME YOU MMORPG!

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452
    Most interesting MMO on the horizon. Can't wait for the alpha vids
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    SpaceMarine as the starting point for combat sounds like the most promising thing about the game.  It would be awesome if they could capture that in an MMORPG.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    no videos no party

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Anyone know if there will be vehicles too? Dreadnaughts?

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166

Yes to both.

T

• BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Real wanting to fire up that copy of Dawn of War 2 on my shelf now!

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396
    This game better be rated M, and not be soccer mom approved like warhammer online was
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

Wish I could Play as a Carnifex

Tyranids Will Infect the World !!

Tyranids inside your brains

The Tyranids collectively form a monstrous super-organism that travels across the universe in their great Hive Fleets of Biomechanical Hive ships, systematically consuming all other biomatter to enable there own rapid evolution and reproduction

• CrimsonDragonCrimsonDragon Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Can't wait for the videos to come out. Really like the premise of this game, and I hope (but highly doubt from what their FAQ said) that Tyranids will be introduced later into the game as a playable race, because come on... Ripping Orks and Eldar apart as a Carnifex or Death Leaper would be legit and completely badass. 
  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by orbitxo

sounds promising.

STOP. FALLING. FOR. PROMISES. EVER. AGAIN.

We play this game and THEN we take it from there!