Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Maplestory still worth playing?

I played Maplestory a few years ago, when you only had the base classes, and i found the game quite enjoyable. now with the addition of all of the new classes, is it still worth playing?

"Fear & Desire are weapons in my life's pursuit"
@KrewellaJahan

Comments

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    Personally I don't think so.. picked it up again last year after some time off and was bored as hell

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• EaglertEaglert Member Posts: 12

The Dual Blade patch turned the entire game around and it has been in a downhill spiral ever since. The newer classes always make the older ones obsolete, good gear is now honestly impossible to get without paying (The amount of P2W now would make any sub-based player vomit) and it's required to do any current bosses, hacking is at an all time low with frequent crashes, rollbacks, and duping, and each patch never lives up to its promises.

I don't mean to sound like I hate P2W games. I spent around $12,000 on MapleStory over 4 years of playing, but it's just  way too expensive now. Class specialties have gone out the window, raiding is only about damage range, and leveling-although level cap has never been necessary to do endgame content-is faster but terribly gear dependent now.

If you're looking to do any sort of bossing, you have three options:

1) Hack, dupe, and scam your way.

2) Go to the 3rd party websites and pay ~$2,000 for a set that will be obsolete within a year.

3) Spend about $50,000 for a chance of decent items.

I'm not even exaggerating. The game is the biggest P2W scam I've ever seen.

• SirPKsAlotSirPKsAlot Member Posts: 224

Lol you double-posted this thread @ onrpg.com and mmobomb.com forums ad-verbatim. I'll leave the same answer here I left there;

If you enjoyed the gameplay before and they've added new content since then, only you can decide if it's worth playing again.

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Eaglert

The Dual Blade patch turned the entire game around and it has been in a downhill spiral ever since. The newer classes always make the older ones obsolete, good gear is now honestly impossible to get without paying (The amount of P2W now would make any sub-based player vomit) and it's required to do any current bosses, hacking is at an all time low with frequent crashes, rollbacks, and duping, and each patch never lives up to its promises.

I don't mean to sound like I hate P2W games. I spent around $12,000 on MapleStory over 4 years of playing, but it's just  way too expensive now. Class specialties have gone out the window, raiding is only about damage range, and leveling-although level cap has never been necessary to do endgame content-is faster but terribly gear dependent now.

2) Go to the 3rd party websites and pay ~$2,000 for a set that will be obsolete within a year.

I saw a list of games on superdata that had maplestory as the number 5 money making game ( wow is #7 ) So while your story makes me think anyone would be crazy to pay all that for a game...obviously many people are. weird.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007
    Got ruined by rwt both legal and illegal.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I never played it. I think I'll just wait for either Sycamorestory or Birchstory.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Eaglert

If someone who voluntarily spent over $300 a month for 3 years on a  claims that it now has become "P2W" then I think I'll take your word for it...

You make me like charity

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Exactly what I was thinking ^^^^
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • gluursgluurs Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by SirPKsAlot

Lol you double-posted this thread @ onrpg.com and mmobomb.com forums ad-verbatim. I'll leave the same answer here I left there;

If you enjoyed the gameplay before and they've added new content since then, only you can decide if it's worth playing again.

Ah so you look on those forums also.

"Fear & Desire are weapons in my life's pursuit"
    @KrewellaJahan

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.