Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some of the exploits in eve

2»

Comments

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316
    really interesting thread and some good points, personally i have a lot of affection for eve it was one of the first beta's i played in and i love the sound track, but after a few goes with months at a time i could never really get into it, i think it was mainly down to the pvp side, i get no enjoyment from it and its not what i look for in mmo, i did for years running a successful DC and BF clan and guess i just got tired of it as i got older.

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Krenus

however it was 1 frigate in front of me and what i notice was the fact that you can't warp through another ship it blocks you from warping.

and you can't warp cause he is in front of you

9 years played and he's talking this nonsense... Go back under the bridge filthy Troll image

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by LeGrosGamer
    Heh, EVE always had a exploit problem and the devs never really worked in to solving the problem. Like I said a few weeks ago, EVE-Online is all about scamming, which is sad because the game could of been so much more then that.  But worry not, cancel your sub and save your money for 2015.  With Novus Aeterno, Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous heading our way, EVE-Online will just perish.

Yes and WildStar will kill WOW...

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

Eh, Op... I don't feel sorry for you at all, despite the fact EVE and I for some reason don't go along all that well either. 

EVE requires you to have a certain level or organisation - you need to do some planning and research. It's also good to learn how to get the hell out - failing that, to find someone to save your sorry butt if you fly a ship that can't save itself. Having friends around can do wonders. 

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322

so.. after NINE YEARS of playing a game, all it took was a terrible whine on mmorpg.com and a few trolls to get you to REALIZE that it WASNT THE GAME FOR YOU. You would think that .. i dunno... THE NINE YEARS of sucking and not having fun would have led you to that conclusion.

And the whole Mack thing.. i think thats hilarious. You're chilling in a ore field in prolly what, .5 space? You're most likely sitting mining AT the warp in spot. You see a frig warp in on top of you.. and you most likely continue mining bc after NINE YEARS, you havent figured it out. This is all presuming of course you werent just mining afk in your mack, waiting for your 35k ore hold to fill.

I wouldnt be surprised if your next post was a rant about how you gave 300 mil to a guy who promised to double it, and OH NOES.. HE DIDNT DO IT!! its dos sneaky devs out there looking specifically for YOU.

• KrenusKrenus Member Posts: 26

I say one more time

thanks to all of you that left me comments all of them are good.

Frammshamm

You are the type of person that plays eve online. you are the pure example of an eve online player. i take my hat off to you.

but, did you really read my last comment. i said there is no need to make anymore comments.

I do not play the game i have QUIT!

if you want to play Eve Online and you like to upset the players who play pve type eve online.

best video i seen on utube  to show you how to make the high skilled miners not want to mine.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

Thank you, it's an awesome video. Made me want to play EVE again.

I'll share something equally awesome with you in return:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndWUlntJ58U

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• CrazylikeCrazylike Member CommonPosts: 89
    I remember people coming into my missions starting to ninjaloot and ninjasalvage wrecks as soon as I killed the rats. This was years ago, 3-4. So this is a very normal thing to occur. Back then, you could look up other people's profiles and check their standings, figure out who did a ton of missions for what corp and so on, and then camp you day out and day in easily. I ran 3 accounts at the time and I always aggro'd the whole room as soon as I got in and then flew my looter/salvager in and started working asap. Even then, people were able to loot and salvage some stuff every now and then. Just have to ignore them if you want to remain safe. Other option is to relocate often or find a corp that can beat them down. Fun times.

Well guys if you want to continue to comment go ahead, you too Frammshamm (like your name)

scaredfool

Nice video  i liked that

awesome video

I remember back when  the pvp'er would flip your cans to get you to attack them.

yep thats a nice set up to kill those dudes.

but that was when the miners had small cargohold and we used haulers to haul

today you can mine 35000m3 and then go station.

what they do now is suicide attacks with cheap ships mainly (destorier class)  those ships are high dps they changed a lot of the stats on them they are deadly.

back when that video was maded most of us used those ships for salvage.

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by sacredfool

Thank you, it's an awesome video. Made me want to play EVE again.

I'll share something equally awesome with you in return:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndWUlntJ58U

I'll just drop this. My personal fav.    I don't remember the persons name but some guy was doing it solo early last year :i think" in the crime and punishment section of the forums. Basically some others were complaining about how hard or costly ganking was.  The guy was popping mining ops like crazy and on his own.  A lot of prep time and scouting and setup. The results though were amazing.

anyway, one of my favorites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlZ0EcsneSg

• retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by Volenibblets

Judging from the content of your post OP and your annoyance I'd say, like a lot of Eve players I've spoken to, you're in denial. Eve is probably not for you. It took me quite a long time to realise that myself. I desperately wanted it to be a complex space sim where a player could do a lot of things and stay interested indefinitely - relax mining whist watching you tube, explore casually, do missions for a change grinding faction rep and then pvp if the fancy took me (who knows the occasionally unexpected skirmish out and about in low sec keeps things interesting).  Imo options on play style are what makes the best MMOs great. However, I was fooling myself, all the other stuff is fluff and the devs have been edging it towards making anything else but pvp next to futile over time. The recent changes dramatically reflect that. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the game engine, the way it looks, the complexity of the ship design, the massive scale - there is so much that's great about the setup besides the execution and where it's gone and I can't make it be what I want it to be, f*** knows I've tried many many times! Hoping star citizen is going to be that kind of multilayered space sim experience.

This is probably the best description of EvE I've ever seen.  I think many people come to EvE expecting the deep immersive "look at everything I can do" when it's really just a PvP game.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Don't shoot at people who appear on your high-sec mission grid. 

The idea is that you make the mistake of shooting them and then suddenly you can be webbed, scrambled, and podded.

Ignore them - just carry on with your mission and in 5 minutes or so they will go away. 

Robbing from wrecks is not a profitable business because most of the ISK comes from the bounties of the NPCs.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by retiredmj
    Originally posted by Volenibblets

Judging from the content of your post OP and your annoyance I'd say, like a lot of Eve players I've spoken to, you're in denial. Eve is probably not for you. It took me quite a long time to realise that myself. I desperately wanted it to be a complex space sim where a player could do a lot of things and stay interested indefinitely - relax mining whist watching you tube, explore casually, do missions for a change grinding faction rep and then pvp if the fancy took me (who knows the occasionally unexpected skirmish out and about in low sec keeps things interesting).  Imo options on play style are what makes the best MMOs great. However, I was fooling myself, all the other stuff is fluff and the devs have been edging it towards making anything else but pvp next to futile over time. The recent changes dramatically reflect that. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the game engine, the way it looks, the complexity of the ship design, the massive scale - there is so much that's great about the setup besides the execution and where it's gone and I can't make it be what I want it to be, f*** knows I've tried many many times! Hoping star citizen is going to be that kind of multilayered space sim experience.

This is probably the best description of EvE I've ever seen.  I think many people come to EvE expecting the deep immersive "look at everything I can do" when it's really just a PvP game.

Eve is a deep immersive space sim. However, you have to be able to play it for hours every day.

A lot of people who play Eve are in the military and therefore have a lot of 'down time'. In addition, a fair number are either diabled, students, out of work, or are children in their long holidays.

Eve and a proper full time job (and perhaps with family) do not mix well together.