Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

D3 RoS Rip 2015*

Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

RoS is starting to shake the faith of even some of it's most valuable supporters:

Drothvader - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307900907

Starbird - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307900703

* If the d3 dev team can't get this right, my guess is 2015 will be one of the last patch updates before they just sell the "D3 Battle Chest" edition for the next 10-? years.

Before you reply:

Everyone knows it's in beta.

Trust level for blizz d3 staff is at an all time low.

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    RoS is really a terribly unambitious expansion from Blizz.  I don't plan on buying it.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Considering how long D3 survived in it's current state, I take all this doomsay with a sack of salt.

Honestly, for every guy stating the game will die, theres 10 playing the game and enjoying it.

Haven't you learned that by now?

EDIT: Trust level? Trust level? This isn't about trust anymore. This is about "gamers" becoming more and more demanding while not willing to pay a dime for anything. There is not a developer on this earth that can satisfy the "needs" of the vocal masses on their forums, twitter, facebook, whatnot.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    So true millions still play D3 even with the flaws Ros wont be any different .
  • Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

I haven't pre-ordered either Frodo.

@Biz - I never wrote people wouldn't be playing, I said there will be no more updates after 2015, once the counsel versions are squared away, and it will be made into a Battle Chest to buy.

Reading comprehension, haven't you learned that by now?

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Don't play Diablo then? 

These two posts are basically complaining that the drop rates are not good enough. Call the care bear squad because that definitely means the end of the world. I mean the expansion is pretty much final version material. It's in family alpha,beta/closed beta after all. What are Blizzard thinking? That means that ground breaking and extremely difficult to change things like drop rates will be the same in the final product. I can already hear the tears of a thousand fanboys trolled by Blizzard.

Can you please enlighten stupid mere mortals like me of the meaning of your topic title? RoS comes in 2014 and we are talking about Diablo receiving its last patch in 2015? 

Also if Drothvar and Starbird say that RoS is a piece of crap, then I am not buying it. Because those guys are dope!

OOh yeah, one more thing you forgot to mention how Blizzard have been producing crap games for the last 5 or 10 years, whatever floats your boat and depending on how old you wan to appear.

Thank you for this interesting topic :)

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

Considering how long D3 survived in it's current state, I take all this doomsay with a sack of salt.

Honestly, for every guy stating the game will die, theres 10 playing the game and enjoying it.

Haven't you learned that by now?

EDIT: Trust level? Trust level? This isn't about trust anymore. This is about "gamers" becoming more and more demanding while not willing to pay a dime for anything. There is not a developer on this earth that can satisfy the "needs" of the vocal masses on their forums, twitter, facebook, whatnot.

Well said.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

I played D3 with friends for 3 months (and open Beta) and I was able to find 3 Orange (not counting the guaranteed 1st kill boss drops). For me that was too low. I could barely find any upgrades and I have very low Mage DPS.

To read the links that again drop rates for legendary's are low answers my question on buying the Expansion and trying again. 

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Ugh, the entire reason i even wanted RoS was for higher droprates, this is why the console version was superior and more fun to play, because it was fun finding great loot.

Despite that my friends have already pre-ordered which will probably end up in me getting it to so I'm not left out when they play.

But I'll make at least a vague attempt at restraining myself, I'm sick and tired of blizzard ruining their products.

Really hope I'll have the balls to say Screw you this time.

But i probably wont.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Sigh...

People want better drops? They're given better drops. People complain, "The drops are too good!" Blizzard nerfs the drops, now people complain, "The drops are too bad!" Blizzard can't win.

People clamor for D2 style enchanting. Blizzard gives it to them. Now people complain that, "I can make my rares better than legendaries!", which, if you remember, was a major reason why enchanting wasn't included in the first  place. Blizzard can't win.

People wanted random dungeons. Blizzard gave them these in the form of rifts; and what do people do? Complain that there's 'no incentive' to do them. Are you kidding me? What 'incentive' was there to do any area in D2? In D1? Why do people need an incentive now beyond loot & the chance to kill monsters?

The sheer amount of selective player memory, combined with unrealistic expectations and outright hypocrisy surrounding this game has just been absolutely astounding.

People bitch about how 'colorful' the graphics are while forgetting that, minus the light radius (which was a pain anyway), Diablo 2's were very similar. Hell, Act 2 of D2 took place in a bright yellow desert. Act 3? Bright green jungle. Act 3 of D1 took place in caves with bright orange magma everywhere.

People bitch incessantly about drop rates. Did we forget the hundreds of hours spent in D2 grinding away, looking for that perfect legendary or rune? How about the fact that SoJ's (a 'legendary' item) were so common as to be their own form of currency? Have people gotten so stupid these days as to not realize that, as your gear quality improves, upgrades will be less frequent? Sure seems so.

Let's not forget the people who play for a thousand hours, then come to the forums and proceed to say the game sucks. Really? Playing any game for a thousand hours is going to get boring, period. Also, it can't have been that bad if you spent a thousand hours in it, genius.

Ah well. Hating on corporations is trendy these days, and Blizzard is about as big as you can get in the gaming industry. No matter what it does with any of its franchises, it can't win. I guarantee that if they'd stuck with D2's design, the same people bitching about nonexistent problems with the current game (as opposed to the REAL problems) would be whining that Blizzard was 'afraid to innovate', or some other bullshit.

RoS will be a smash hit, Loot 2.0 is a fantastic upgrade, and Diablo 3 will continue to be popular despite the whiners. In the end, I guess that's all that matters; it's not like I want to play with people who cry about the game anyway. Now if only Blizzard would get them off the forums so fans could have a discussion without some idiot interjecting their typical 'Durr, dis game sucks!' crap...

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

Sigh...

People want better drops? They're given better drops. People complain, "The drops are too good!" Blizzard nerfs the drops, now people complain, "The drops are too bad!" Blizzard can't win.

People clamor for D2 style enchanting. Blizzard gives it to them. Now people complain that, "I can make my rares better than legendaries!", which, if you remember, was a major reason why enchanting wasn't included in the first  place. Blizzard can't win.

People wanted random dungeons. Blizzard gave them these in the form of rifts; and what do people do? Complain that there's 'no incentive' to do them. Are you kidding me? What 'incentive' was there to do any area in D2? In D1? Why do people need an incentive now beyond loot & the chance to kill monsters?

The sheer amount of selective player memory, combined with unrealistic expectations and outright hypocrisy surrounding this game has just been absolutely astounding.

People bitch about how 'colorful' the graphics are while forgetting that, minus the light radius (which was a pain anyway), Diablo 2's were very similar. Hell, Act 2 of D2 took place in a bright yellow desert. Act 3? Bright green jungle. Act 3 of D1 took place in caves with bright orange magma everywhere.

People bitch incessantly about drop rates. Did we forget the hundreds of hours spent in D2 grinding away, looking for that perfect legendary or rune? How about the fact that SoJ's (a 'legendary' item) were so common as to be their own form of currency? Have people gotten so stupid these days as to not realize that, as your gear quality improves, upgrades will be less frequent? Sure seems so.

Let's not forget the people who play for a thousand hours, then come to the forums and proceed to say the game sucks. Really? Playing any game for a thousand hours is going to get boring, period. Also, it can't have been that bad if you spent a thousand hours in it, genius.

Ah well. Hating on corporations is trendy these days, and Blizzard is about as big as you can get in the gaming industry. No matter what it does with any of its franchises, it can't win. I guarantee that if they'd stuck with D2's design, the same people bitching about nonexistent problems with the current game (as opposed to the REAL problems) would be whining that Blizzard was 'afraid to innovate', or some other bullshit.

RoS will be a smash hit, Loot 2.0 is a fantastic upgrade, and Diablo 3 will continue to be popular despite the whiners. In the end, I guess that's all that matters; it's not like I want to play with people who cry about the game anyway. Now if only Blizzard would get them off the forums so fans could have a discussion without some idiot interjecting their typical 'Durr, dis game sucks!' crap...

Well said. Let them play POE or TL2 or something. TL2 is already dead, not sure about POE but those were supposed to be ten times better than D3.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Well said. Let them play POE or TL2 or something. TL2 is already dead, not sure about POE but those were supposed to be ten times better than D3.

POE is doing well, the game is continuing to grow, and continuing to add content.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Originally posted by Superman0X

POE is doing well, the game is continuing to grow, and continuing to add content.

Indeed. Even with the horrible desyncs and dull graphics, I'm enjoying POE a lot more than I did D3.

I will give RoS a chance of course, but I do not see myself playing it in 2015 either.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Bitching about drop rate in a beta is just silly.

just look at how many tuning patch that d3 receives in a year after release. People moans about inferno being too difficult and it is fixed. People moans about no more progression and it is fixed.

i highly doubt low drop rate will kill ros, if it is not fixed before release.

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431

The OP is wrong.

D3 will already be dead by late 2014, not 2015.

I think it is a good thing: the sooner Blizzard starts D4 with a complete NEW team, the better.

Hint: D4 NEEDS a Gold only AH, crafting, an open world and non liniair game play with random dungeons.

No one in his right mind will continue to play D3 for longer than 2 months. Not in RoS format.

No way.

Expect half of the RoS team to be fired by Dec 2014 too. Bobby Kotick will not be pleased.

Luckily for Blizzard they have Hearthstone or there would be a real bloodbath at Irvine.

D3 RoS = terrible game with a terrible team behind it. They have NO clue at all.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by sportsfan

The OP is wrong.

D3 will already be dead by late 2014, not 2015.

I think it is a good thing: the sooner Blizzard starts D4 with a complete NEW team, the better.

Hint: D4 NEEDS a Gold only AH, crafting, an open world and non liniair game play with random dungeons.

No one in his right mind will continue to play D3 for longer than 2 months. Not in RoS format.

No way.

Expect half of the RoS team to be fired by Dec 2014 too. Bobby Kotick will not be pleased.

Luckily for Blizzard they have Hearthstone or there would be a real bloodbath at Irvine.

D3 RoS = terrible game with a terrible team behind it. They have NO clue at all.

What do you mean by dead by late 2014 and half the team fired? Where did you get that idea from? You are making it sound like it is an MMORPG or something with subs. Even if just a handful of players play it towards the end of 2014, it is not dead, at least not in the same way an MMORPG is dead if it does not have population.

Most D3 players seem happy that the AH's are going, so no, I think that a lot of people would disagree with you about the necessity of an AH. Also, I disagree with good crafting being integral to a great ARPG. As long as you can find good items you don't need to make them. And that is at the crux of the AH matter for why people did not like them: they obviated the need for good drop rates (and a big driving force for continuing to play the game past Diablo on Normal) on loot since if you couldn't self-find you could just buy stuff from the AH.

I *seriously* doubt that Blizzard would develope D4 straight away if RoS flops. Knowing these guys, they will probably take 8 years or so before they would release a new Diablo, IF they release a new one. If it does poorly commercially, what incentive do they have to invest in making a new one? They might think that the popularity of the genre is not really all that and just drop it all together.

I am not saying that RoS in its current form is fantastic at all, but I prefer to adopt a wait-and-see approach before making a final judgement. Beta is not release, so we don't really know what shape it will be in when it comes out.

My guess, based on how Blizzard games tend to perform, is that RoS will sell well, probably really well, and if it is really flawed it will become niche but not dead. I reckon the worst thing that can happen at this point is that it will be mediocre rather than Blizzard's past track record of games being uber. That is how I feel about current D3: it is fun, but only in spurts  in comparison to the addiction I had to D1 and D2.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

Or you can play all three like I do! image No need to choose since TL2 is cheap and PoE is freeeeee!

I am concerned about the huge amounts of CC on mobs since that is my pet peeve in D3, but I hope that all of the loot drop rates, RNG, CC, etc will be finetuned from beta feedback before Blizzard unleash RoS on us.

Even if they keep large amounts of CC in the game, I probably will *still* get RoS. I guess I am a glutton for punishment that way...

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by micona
    millions still play D3 even with the flaws Ros wont be any different .

i would agree

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by MurlockDance

Even if they keep large amounts of CC in the game, I probably will *still* get RoS. I guess I am a glutton for punishment that way...

Already pre-ordered, so for better or for worse... it's too late for me. =P

The hardcore players will still hate RoS because it still won't have skilltrees, and they'll still say it has "zero customization" because rune combinations don't count - in the meanwhile the D3 fans will keep on mocking POE for it's desynch issues and lesser graphics.

And a year or two from now the next Diablo 3 expansion will come out.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Plays fine for my tastes and did I mention I have extremely good taste.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Superman0X

Of course "doing well" is relative. D3 is doing 12M+ well .. and some don't think it is that good.

D3 has add lots of content, and of course some discount it.

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

The hardcore players will still hate RoS because it still won't have skilltrees, and they'll still say it has "zero customization" because rune combinations don't count - in the meanwhile the D3 fans will keep on mocking POE for it's desynch issues and lesser graphics.

There are always personal preferences. Personally i pay a lot more attention to my own preferences than those of others.

In this case:

- no skill tree, and skill runes ... huge plus for me. I want to choose what to do, not put 5% damage here, or there.

- and yes, I stop playing PoE because the combat is way less fun than D3. Combat is 99% of the gameplay in a ARPG, and if a game is not doing that well, i am not playing. BTW, Incredible Adventure of Van Helsing is a great ARPG. Good combat, very polish (though with the dreaded or celebrated skill tree). The scope is small compared to D3, but it is way more fun (for me) than TL2 or PoE.

- and i will buy the next expansion too. RoS looks good. I expect i will have fun.

Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

There are always personal preferences. Personally i pay a lot more attention to my own preferences than those of others.

In this case:

- no skill tree, and skill runes ... huge plus for me. I want to choose what to do, not put 5% damage here, or there.

- and yes, I stop playing PoE because the combat is way less fun than D3. Combat is 99% of the gameplay in a ARPG, and if a game is not doing that well, i am not playing. BTW, Incredible Adventure of Van Helsing is a great ARPG. Good combat, very polish (though with the dreaded or celebrated skill tree). The scope is small compared to D3, but it is way more fun (for me) than TL2 or PoE.

- and i will buy the next expansion too. RoS looks good. I expect i will have fun.

To Azuron-NIghtblade: I will wait a bit to get my copy of RoS because if there are going to be problems with the server it will be most likely at release and I really hated it when I had problems at D3's release. I have not been having that many desynches lately in PoE by the way, either that or I have been lucky.

To nariusseldon: Fortunately there are both styles of game available to us gamers. I like PoE and D3 because they scratch different itches. D3 is good for trying new builds via the rune and skill system but I metagame far less in D3 than in PoE. If I want to metagame, I play PoE, if I want some fast-paced hack n' slash, I play D3. Having more open areas and randomness in D3 is very cool and why I will ultimately get the expac even despite my qualms of much CC, which I do not like very much. I will also continue to support PoE because I like it as well.

What makes me sort of sad though is that for the first time in over a decade I feel more positive about ARPGs than MMORPGs. RoS is the only thing I am really looking forward to this year, not even the WoW expac is doing it for me right now. Ten years ago there were so many MMORPGs that I wanted to play I didn't have time for them, now there are none.

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233

Haven't done research, but maybe someone who has knows the answer:

I'm assuming RoS starts at level 60. Does that mean that characters would need to level up through the various difficulty levels on original D3? (i.e. play through D3 multiple times to reach lvl 60)

To Azuron-NIghtblade: I will wait a bit to get my copy of RoS because if there are going to be problems with the server it will be most likely at release and I really hated it when I had problems at D3's release. I have not been having that many desynches lately in PoE by the way, either that or I have been lucky.

To nariusseldon: Fortunately there are both styles of game available to us gamers. I like PoE and D3 because they scratch different itches. D3 is good for trying new builds via the rune and skill system but I metagame far less in D3 than in PoE. If I want to metagame, I play PoE, if I want some fast-paced hack n' slash, I play D3. Having more open areas and randomness in D3 is very cool and why I will ultimately get the expac even despite my qualms of much CC, which I do not like very much. I will also continue to support PoE because I like it as well.

What makes me sort of sad though is that for the first time in over a decade I feel more positive about ARPGs than MMORPGs. RoS is the only thing I am really looking forward to this year, not even the WoW expac is doing it for me right now. Ten years ago there were so many MMORPGs that I wanted to play I didn't have time for them, now there are none.

That is certainly true, and i agree to some extent of what you say (although i like PoE less than you). The key is that playing D3 is not mutually exclusive to playing PoE, or other ARPG. In fact, not only I play them all, i expect many here to do so. Aside from the big 3 ARPG (D3, TL2, PoE), i would also add that Incredible Adventure of Van helsing is a great ARPG, and i like it only second to D3 (only because the smaller scope), and also Marvel Heroes (which is technically a MMO, but it can be played mostly as a ARPG).

Personally i think ARPG is the way to go .. easier to jump into ... no nonsense focus on combat ... easier to solo ... for me, all around better than MMORPGs. I also think it is not a coincide that many MMORPGs are playing more like action RPGs (like GW2 or NWN).

Originally posted by Darknessguy64

Haven't done research, but maybe someone who has knows the answer:

I'm assuming RoS starts at level 60. Does that mean that characters would need to level up through the various difficulty levels on original D3? (i.e. play through D3 multiple times to reach lvl 60)

I don't think so. The new system is that all the difficulties are available from the start, so you can play RoS at a low difficulty if you character is lower than 60.

However, i don't know if you have to play through the story at least ONCE to reach the RoS story.