Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there any game for PC any more?

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Memphis, TNPosts: 346Member Common
    Originally posted by Nephaerius
    Originally posted by Notimeforbs
    Originally posted by EldevinOnline_Press
    There's quite a lot of titles for PC.. Steam as mentioned before has over 3,000 titles to choose from, as well as Steam Greenlight which indie devs publish on. There is literally no shortage of PC games, unless you meant PC games you want to play.

I have scoured over the Steam library until I am blue in the face.  Of those 3,000 or so titles it claims to have for the PC, 90% of it is total crap, 8% of it is decent niche stuff and the other 2% are big budget, quality, multi-platform titles.

The Indie games, while some are decent okay, most never make it out of "beta" or "alpha", and even if they do, never make it out of the niche genre.  Besides that, Indie titles have this "it's getting old now" knack for being too preoccupied with the concept of trying to be "art" rather than entertainment with some solid streamlined design.

PC gaming IS dying because PC gamer standards have been lowered past reasonably acceptable.  Our standards have been lowered because the only titles we receive as exclusive are MMO's, and they've been utter garbage for the past 10-12 years.  And this F2P crap is just milking what hope PC gamers have left for some quality gaming experience.

The fact of the matter is - Consoles have better games and more of them.  Period.  I don't care who argues with whatever claim.  One exclusive title like Starcraft 2 every 10 years isn't enough to make me believe that PC gaming is still alive when all we have left to chose from is bullcrap Steam sales of crappy games and older games that were fantastic back in the day when PC gaming was still good.

Too bad PC gaming isn't dying.  All reports are that it's the fastest growing segment of the gaming industry.  Old and bitter much?

What reports?  Saying "reports specify" so arbitrarily is like Fox News saying, "Some people say...." when they're trying to assert some ridiculous thing about whatever news agenda they're pushing for the month.

I'm old, but I'm not bitter.  I'm just wiser and smarter than you.  How?  Because I actually assess the situation for myself instead of relying on the word of someone else who is stating something completely different than what I see with my own two eyes.  There's a word for that.  It's called BULL$HIT.

Let me ask you this, smart guy: How can PC gaming be the fastest growing segment in the industry if it didn't suck so bad in the first place?  Maybe your comprehension isn't what I expect it should be.  So try this one out: PC gaming doesn't suck... every other outlet of the industry is just blowing it away, rendering it with no other option than to default to being the one with the most potential for growth.

The others aren't "growing" because they're already at the top of the food chain, genius.  You never hear someone ask, "Is console gaming dead?"  Here's a news flash - Steam sells to consoles too!

Geez... people like you kill me every time you try to make a point.

• MaquiameMaquiame Posts: 935Member Uncommon

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• AdamaiAdamai derbyPosts: 469Member Uncommon

there are more pc games than there are on any other platforms so stop being rediculous and think a little.  

just incase 

the majority fo games launched on ps2-3-4 and xbox, xbox 360 and xbox 1 are also released on the pc!!! does that answer your question.. secondly all the very best titles are explicitly pc/mac only.  take eve online for example and the late swg.  :)

there is a large reason people with pc's have pc's and its not to run their business's!!!! sure they do serve this purpose but a pc is a development platform which makes it far supperior on every single level to any console now and in the future.

enjoy and i hope you find your game.