Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] General: Undead Labs Wants to Change Your Perception of a Zombie MMO

2»

Comments

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Well, they could start by making the PC version of State of Decay something other than an unoptimized, half-assed console port...

Seriously, I've no problem with ports. But when your 'port' is maybe one notch up from Dark Souls (which was by a company which had NEVER developed on PC before, mind you) then you're not in a position to be changing anybody's perception until you get your shit together.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by orbitxo
    Originally posted by Nephaerius
    Oh god I am so excited.  State of Decay is such a good game and runs so well on PC.  Best game I ever paid for Early Access on Steam. Wish they could've got multiplayer working in the current game because it would have been awesome.  Can't see what their multiplayer efforts turn out in the future after releasing such a high quality first title.

glad to hear your review.

i hesitated because at the time- they didnt have a mouse/keypad  control. did they ever get one applied to the game?

i may try it out.

Yes they corrected this issue even though personally I prefer to play the game with a controller.  This was only an issue while still in Early Access cause they converted from the console version to PC.

Steam: Neph

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by Aldous.Huxley
    Eventually, all games will be MMOs.

couldn't agree more

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Mobile site sucks posted in wrong thread on its own
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

Well, they could start by making the PC version of State of Decay something other than an unoptimized, half-assed console port...

Seriously, I've no problem with ports. But when your 'port' is maybe one notch up from Dark Souls (which was by a company which had NEVER developed on PC before, mind you) then you're not in a position to be changing anybody's perception until you get your shit together.

The game runs flawlessly and looks great for me with everything maxed out and i only have a 7950.  Runs great on my laptop with a 760M GTX too.

Steam: Neph

• derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Cant wait. i love zombies! if they pull it right itll be my main go to game. sucks limited themselves to microsoft tho....

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by remyburke
    Maybe I should give the game more of a chance. I made it through the first hour or so but it really felt plan to generic. I think its the 3rd person view that kills it for me.

I would say go for it. For me it was my second "zombie" game I enjoyed. It even made me stop playing RIFT at the time because the SoD world felt allot more pesistant then many MMO's have felt for years.

The first part of the Original game I have to admit was somewhat boring but it gave you info on what's to come. Their first DLC is basicly the Original game without the intro chapter.

I loved bulding a community even though it's build only with NPC's. I loved switching characters. The first time I died was suprised by it's perma death as in the Original game I found it challenging to see how far I could get with Marcus wich was my starter character.

As for their new game it brings me hope in what they might do.

DeadIsland and State of decay are the only 2 games I have enjoyed for a pretty long period of time. Where all other "zombie" type of games often just lasted either a few day's or even only a few hours.

The pvp minded zombie online games do not atract me. Mainly because of today's gaming mentality. Unless it's made with something like a TEF/Flag system.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    What a waste of resources.  This guy does not have a clue what makes good game play.  Why do people fund these nutcases?
  • NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

DayZ has the concept right. In a survival game, the only meaningful concept of death is perma-death. It has the ultimate freedom and every second of playing it, you fear for your life.

Will State of Decay realize this, or will it render death non-meaningful to satisfy the masses? I think they will go for the latter.

Edit: Apparently killing other players is off the table, really? How is it a post-apocalyptic scenario then?

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Neherun

DayZ has the concept right. In a survival game, the only meaningful concept of death is perma-death. It has the ultimate freedom and every second of playing it, you fear for your life.

Will State of Decay realize this, or will it render death non-meaningful to satisfy the masses? I think they will go for the latter.

Edit: Apparently killing other players is off the table, really? How is it a post-apocalyptic scenario then?

State of Decay has perma death but the topic was not only about State of Decay but also about their unnamed project we might be hearing more of this year. The reference of State of Decay is mainly used to show they can make zombie games but different then most of the zombie clones out there.