Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there any game for PC any more?

ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

by that i mean....nothing new is comming out at all...seems liek the PC gaming market is getting smaller n smaller or maybe its just me...i remember being a kid back in the 90's and having too many games to play on my PC....now there is none that intrest me nore are any good....

Every game seems the be the same thing over n over....every mmo is the same old grind to max lvl....FPS are the same ol shoot this get that....i for one miss the old RTS games....i donno maybe its just me...think i might need to get into a new hobby...or may haps pick up a console....

Comments

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Scypheroth

by that i mean....nothing new is comming out at all...seems liek the PC gaming market is getting smaller n smaller or maybe its just me...i remember being a kid back in the 90's and having too many games to play on my PC....now there is none that intrest me nore are any good....

Every game seems the be the same thing over n over....every mmo is the same old grind to max lvl....FPS are the same ol shoot this get that....i for one miss the old RTS games....i donno maybe its just me...think i might need to get into a new hobby...or may haps pick up a console....

You haven't been keeping an eye on Steam haven't you?

Only been checking out EB charts haven't you?

There are heaps of games and a lot of the indie developers are making damn good stuff.

• Too many games, too little time. That's how I see it.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Tons of PC games and its about to explode even more.

2014 is a good year for PC gaming.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• There's quite a lot of titles for PC.. Steam as mentioned before has over 3,000 titles to choose from, as well as Steam Greenlight which indie devs publish on. There is literally no shortage of PC games, unless you meant PC games you want to play.
  • funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
     I agree to an extent.  There has not been any new games on PC lately that have caught my interest at all.  I see South Park as the only game I have an interest in.   Witcher 3 is still pretty far off, Dragon Age makes me angry since part 2 so not pumped.  A lot of fun indie games have come out over the last couple years, but I have not gotten a good RPG in ages.
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Keep an eye for wasteland 2. True succesor for fallout series.
  • Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    . Everytime Im looking for a new game my head is about to explode. There's just to many of them. As many said before, check steam, theres always new games there. They also have alot of "gems" for basically the same amount as the electric cost to start up your comp.

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

I really don't know why people say that there is a lot to play. If you've kept pace for your entire gaming career with regards to PC games and console games there are huge gaps in play. Even when I'm locked into MMOs for a month or two at a time, there's rarely a time that I have a backlog that takes more than a month of casual play to work through. I'm not particularly crazy with my playtimes either. In a good week I might be able to throw 10 hours into a game. Oftentimes it's maybe 2-3 hours on the weekend.

Mod support has been the biggest thing keeping me entertained - replaying the old games with a bunch of different settings or ruleset. But even then that tends to go dry after a while.

Originally posted by Lyrian

I really don't know why people say that there is a lot to play. If you've kept pace for your entire gaming career with regards to PC games and console games there are huge gaps in play. Even when I'm locked into MMOs for a month or two at a time, there's rarely a time that I have a backlog that takes more than a month of casual play to work through. I'm not particularly crazy with my playtimes either. In a good week I might be able to throw 10 hours into a game. Oftentimes it's maybe 2-3 hours on the weekend.

Mod support has been the biggest thing keeping me entertained - replaying the old games with a bunch of different settings or ruleset. But even then that tends to go dry after a while.

the key?...

Steam and the indie gaming movemet.

PC games for AAA traditional distrubution pretty much doesnt exist.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Theres a lot of 2D 8 bit indie games and free to play mmos on steam to play....

Metal Gear Rising just came to PC....late as hell

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

the key?...

Steam is the best outlet, but I have everything on want off steam right now. Or have played it in a console form. There are a few early access things I'm waiting on to get finished before I start on them because I'm not entirely sold on their idea.

I really see the combination of kickstarter + steam taking off.

But right now, the well is dry.

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

the key?...

Steam is the best outlet, but I have everything on want off steam right now. Or have played it in a console form. There are a few early access things I'm waiting on to get finished before I start on them because I'm not entirely sold on their idea.

I really see the combination of kickstarter + steam taking off.

But right now, the well is dry.

I guess that depends on what kind of game you like

Xyson, Wurm, Eve Online, Darkfall, Fallen Earth are the games I have enjoyed over the past several years.

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    I don't know what PC market the OP is takling about, we've nevre seen such an explosion in indie titles ever

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
    If I log on to Steam right now there is not on RPG that I want to buy. I already own the ones that I want and have played them. Mostly several years ago.  I have a lot of indie games too, but I am looking for something a bit different after playing Kerbal Space Program and Don't Starve.  I have been messing around with the PS2 and playing Disgea while I wait for something else to come up
  • xqz36xqxqz36xq Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Newest? The Banner Saga.
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    It's easy to feel that way, but your mind is being tricked, the world was much larger before the Internet, and much much larger before smartphones. Before all of that learning about games was limited to your monthly magazine now with Web pages like this one and consumers demanding to know all, the gaming world seems smaller.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Because triple A PC devs are too busy making mediocre mmos and WoW clones instead of making high quality single player exclusives like the consoles are getting.  Majority of indie games just suck, only a very few were enjoyable but still nothing on the level of games like Last of Us or MGS5 for example.  A lot of games I want thats coming are only coming to consoles.  And other games that do get ported takes like a year just to get to PC, Grand Theft Auto 5 for example and recently Metal Gear Rising which came out a year ago and its mediocre compared to the main MGS games.

So I know what you mean OP.

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

Can't say I agree, I have so many games to play these days, both new and old, I can't find time for all of them. If you factor in longevity games (MMO's, Diablo-style, modded games) you have just way too much to play... and the indie market is exploding.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

I think the true issue here is Quality over Quantity, though the same can be said for console gaming and everyone still isn't going to agree of course, though it could mostly be considered a generational gap I think honestly it is more than that as alot of old school console and pc games still have yet to be topped in design.

I would say Star Citizen is one of the most re-evolutionary pc centric games conceptually in YEARS, but then again the most evolutionary console centric game I can think of off hand in the past 10 years is probably Super Rub A Dub...no i'm not kidding. I know there were "better" games, but just consider the time frame and the steps from concept to reality.

In general it isn't that there aren't any games but the evolution of gaming has definitely hit a brick wall and I wouldn't blame it solely on technology but lack of creative forward thinking.

• Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194

Minecraft.

Seriously, get it.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Wasteland 2, Legend of Grimrock 2, Space Base DF9, Starbound, Might and Magic X: Legacy, Divinity: Original Sin, Shadow Warrior, War for the Overworld, the next Serious Sam game, Reaper of Souls, Grim Dawn, Tales of Maj'Eyal, Hellraid... there's a TON of PC exclusive stuff either just released or on the way. Makes me angry I don't have any reliable income to purchase any of it. Just as well; I don't have time for it all anyway.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by EldevinOnline_Press
    There's quite a lot of titles for PC.. Steam as mentioned before has over 3,000 titles to choose from, as well as Steam Greenlight which indie devs publish on. There is literally no shortage of PC games, unless you meant PC games you want to play.

I have scoured over the Steam library until I am blue in the face.  Of those 3,000 or so titles it claims to have for the PC, 90% of it is total crap, 8% of it is decent niche stuff and the other 2% are big budget, quality, multi-platform titles.

The Indie games, while some are decent okay, most never make it out of "beta" or "alpha", and even if they do, never make it out of the niche genre.  Besides that, Indie titles have this "it's getting old now" knack for being too preoccupied with the concept of trying to be "art" rather than entertainment with some solid streamlined design.

PC gaming IS dying because PC gamer standards have been lowered past reasonably acceptable.  Our standards have been lowered because the only titles we receive as exclusive are MMO's, and they've been utter garbage for the past 10-12 years.  And this F2P crap is just milking what hope PC gamers have left for some quality gaming experience.

The fact of the matter is - Consoles have better games and more of them.  Period.  I don't care who argues with whatever claim.  One exclusive title like Starcraft 2 every 10 years isn't enough to make me believe that PC gaming is still alive when all we have left to chose from is bullcrap Steam sales of crappy games and older games that were fantastic back in the day when PC gaming was still good.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Notimeforbs
    There's quite a lot of titles for PC.. Steam as mentioned before has over 3,000 titles to choose from, as well as Steam Greenlight which indie devs publish on. There is literally no shortage of PC games, unless you meant PC games you want to play.

I have scoured over the Steam library until I am blue in the face.  Of those 3,000 or so titles it claims to have for the PC, 90% of it is total crap, 8% of it is decent niche stuff and the other 2% are big budget, quality, multi-platform titles.

The Indie games, while some are decent okay, most never make it out of "beta" or "alpha", and even if they do, never make it out of the niche genre.  Besides that, Indie titles have this "it's getting old now" knack for being too preoccupied with the concept of trying to be "art" rather than entertainment with some solid streamlined design.

PC gaming IS dying because PC gamer standards have been lowered past reasonably acceptable.  Our standards have been lowered because the only titles we receive as exclusive are MMO's, and they've been utter garbage for the past 10-12 years.  And this F2P crap is just milking what hope PC gamers have left for some quality gaming experience.

The fact of the matter is - Consoles have better games and more of them.  Period.  I don't care who argues with whatever claim.  One exclusive title like Starcraft 2 every 10 years isn't enough to make me believe that PC gaming is still alive when all we have left to chose from is bullcrap Steam sales of crappy games and older games that were fantastic back in the day when PC gaming was still good.

Too bad PC gaming isn't dying.  All reports are that it's the fastest growing segment of the gaming industry.  Old and bitter much?

Steam: Neph

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by Nephaerius
    Originally posted by Notimeforbs

Too bad PC gaming isn't dying.  All reports are that it's the fastest growing segment of the gaming industry.  Old and bitter much?

What reports?  Saying "reports specify" so arbitrarily is like Fox News saying, "Some people say...." when they're trying to assert some ridiculous thing about whatever news agenda they're pushing for the month.

I'm old, but I'm not bitter.  I'm just wiser and smarter than you.  How?  Because I actually assess the situation for myself instead of relying on the word of someone else who is stating something completely different than what I see with my own two eyes.  There's a word for that.  It's called BULL$HIT.

Let me ask you this, smart guy: How can PC gaming be the fastest growing segment in the industry if it didn't suck so bad in the first place?  Maybe your comprehension isn't what I expect it should be.  So try this one out: PC gaming doesn't suck... every other outlet of the industry is just blowing it away, rendering it with no other option than to default to being the one with the most potential for growth.

The others aren't "growing" because they're already at the top of the food chain, genius.  You never hear someone ask, "Is console gaming dead?"  Here's a news flash - Steam sells to consoles too!

Geez... people like you kill me every time you try to make a point.