Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

ESO hitting most anticipated game of the year lists 2014 including Forbes, CNN money, MTV

124»

Comments

  • TamanousTamanous Edmonton, ABPosts: 2,125Member Uncommon

    I might put actual stock in what Forbes, CNN and MTV (lol ok I never put stock in what they say) if there weren't just shells of what they formerly were. They are nothing more than twitter/social media feedback collectors dishing out news like McDonalds focus groups the population in order to find out what new poison they can feed the masses.

     

    Last I checked news happens ... then it is reported. It isn't dissected and modified until acceptable by a majority audience. I can't trust their reporters when all they are concerned with is total viewership. I can turn to the BBC and watch their analysts rip new arse holes in everyone they point their attention at in order to get the real story. I watch American news and what I mostly see is carefully constructed  stories trying to suck up to their audience like sitcoms during sweeps week.

    You stay sassy!

  • CazNeergCazNeerg Puyallup, WAPosts: 2,198Member
    Originally posted by Tamanous

    I might put actual stock in what Forbes, CNN and MTV (lol ok I never put stock in what they say) if there weren't just shells of what they formerly were. They are nothing more than twitter/social media feedback collectors dishing out news like McDonalds focus groups the population in order to find out what new poison they can feed the masses.

    Last I checked news happens ... then it is reported. It isn't dissected and modified until acceptable by a majority audience. I can't trust their reporters when all they are concerned with is total viewership. I can turn to the BBC and watch their analysts rip new arse holes in everyone they point their attention at in order to get the real story. I watch American news and what I mostly see is carefully constructed  stories trying to suck up to their audience like sitcoms during sweeps week.

    So the last time you checked was in what decade?  It's been a long time since "news" people in America actually reported the facts, rather than spinning them to fit whichever demographics corporate tells them make up most of their channels audience.

    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

  • Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,949Member Uncommon

    The question is if ESO is most anticipated because it is really good or because all the other MMO releases 2014 seems rather bad.....

    No, I have not really made up my mind what I think about ESO yet (need to play it for a few weeks for that) but I must say that 2014s lineup seems rather weak. I doubt we see WoDO, Class 4 or EQN this year and besides them and this the MMOs I do have some information about seems pretty weak.

    In fact lately have my list for MMOs I wait for to release shrunk pretty badly, I hope we get a few new interesting games announced soon. Then again, it might just be me that has become more cynical now.

  • IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,609Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Loke666

    The question is if ESO is most anticipated because it is really good or because all the other MMO releases 2014 seems rather bad.....

     

    Neither. It's because it's a well known IP and the first (I think) MMO to be made also for the 2 new consoles.

     

     

  • TamanousTamanous Edmonton, ABPosts: 2,125Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Originally posted by Tamanous

    I might put actual stock in what Forbes, CNN and MTV (lol ok I never put stock in what they say) if there weren't just shells of what they formerly were. They are nothing more than twitter/social media feedback collectors dishing out news like McDonalds focus groups the population in order to find out what new poison they can feed the masses.

    Last I checked news happens ... then it is reported. It isn't dissected and modified until acceptable by a majority audience. I can't trust their reporters when all they are concerned with is total viewership. I can turn to the BBC and watch their analysts rip new arse holes in everyone they point their attention at in order to get the real story. I watch American news and what I mostly see is carefully constructed  stories trying to suck up to their audience like sitcoms during sweeps week.

    So the last time you checked was in what decade?  It's been a long time since "news" people in America actually reported the facts, rather than spinning them to fit whichever demographics corporate tells them make up most of their channels audience.

    I did not say this was a recent revelation. You assumed that.

     

    Also I live in a country that still has news independent news so all I have to do is stop watching American tv channels to slowly regain my faith in humanity. If I watch American news it tends to be PBS.

    You stay sassy!

  • curacura WarsawPosts: 950Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Originally posted by Rylon

    I'm not looking forward to the plethora of "this game is terrible" posts we'll no doubt get after clueless people bought TESO at launch.

    I look at it this way; once the game has actually launched, the people who enjoy it will be too busy playing to come here and read those posts, and therefore won't care about them, while the people who don't enjoy the game will be having a wonderful time because everybody who is posting will agree with them, and they'll think that means *everyone* agrees with them.  Win/win, everybody is happy.

    So if anybody post anything positive it will have to be an ex fanboy who just got disillusioned and came here hoping that if he write something good about the game, it will came a true?

  • jdnycjdnyc Long Island City, NYPosts: 1,696Member
    Originally posted by cura
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Originally posted by Rylon

    I'm not looking forward to the plethora of "this game is terrible" posts we'll no doubt get after clueless people bought TESO at launch.

    I look at it this way; once the game has actually launched, the people who enjoy it will be too busy playing to come here and read those posts, and therefore won't care about them, while the people who don't enjoy the game will be having a wonderful time because everybody who is posting will agree with them, and they'll think that means *everyone* agrees with them.  Win/win, everybody is happy.

    So if anybody post anything positive it will have to be an ex fanboy who just got disillusioned and came here hoping that if he write something good about the game, it will came a true?

    No.  I think that's where people start accusing positive posters of being paid to post something nice about said game.  

    At least that's how it worked in the past.  ;)

124»
Sign In or Register to comment.